IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

2 hours ago, tin said:

The bottom line is we snatched defeats from the jaws of draws. At Lancs and Hampshire, we were a handful of overs away from securing draws. We should’ve beaten Northants at home and at Somerset. We’ve been soundly outplayed four times (at Kent and Essex, and at home to Somerset, and Hampshire). 

If we keep Zafar for next year, we should be there or thereabouts at the top. Who knows what division we could end up in after the Strauss Review, though. 

Minor Counties, knowing him !

Here's one for those who attend County Cricket more regularly than myself.

Cheltenham, the outground there. Clearly not as big as Nevil Road, thinking of doing a day next day of the 4 day stuff, not a member obviously, do they tend to make General Sale? Availability if any for non members?

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Some day this!

Honestly thought it'd be a relatively comfortable chase for Hampshire. No pressure as such, the size of it etc- especially with desperation pushing Warwickshire on to charge then latterly collapse.

I suppose that desperation, death or glory can also be channelled in the field...with dragging Hampshire into a game despite 130 odd in 2 sessions looking easy...

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Cheltenham, the outground there. Clearly not as big as Nevil Road, thinking of doing a day next day of the 4 day stuff, not a member obviously, do they tend to make General Sale? Availability if any for non members?

Depends what type of game you’re planning to go and see. T20 — you’ll probably find it tough unless you become a member (you can become a T20 member cheaply enough, though); Championship or 50-over — you shouldn’t have a problem, especially if you get them early. It’s a great place to watch cricket, Cheltenham. 

• Thanks 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

You'll be OK to get tickets 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, tin said:

Depends what type of game you’re planning to go and see. T20 — you’ll probably find it tough unless you become a member (you can become a T20 member cheaply enough, though); Championship or 50-over — you shouldn’t have a problem, especially if you get them early. It’s a great place to watch cricket, Cheltenham. 

Thanks for this.

Definitely a day of the 4 day cricket tbh, I think it's be a great place to while away a day. Might consider membersbip but definitely 4 day is uppermost in mind.

It usually sells out for the 4 day stuff I assume so book early?

• Like 1