IGNORED

Jeremy Corbyn

Barrs Court Red

31 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Interesting comments on Tony Benn who I met more than once.

Thought this was an interesting link. When you could still hear a politician you knew you disagreed with on much, but still respect entirely their passion and belief. Do note who is sitting in the background listening to Tony...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-34996673

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/dec/03/hilary-benn-speech-on-syria-exposes-political-genes

2 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Perhaps your anger should be directed at the labour party, 3 duff choices of leader in row has allowed the tories to get away with what they did with their now sadly departed lib dum mates and now on their own and come 2020 it is likely to become even worse.

Perhaps a credible leader might have returned a labour government in either or both of last 2 general elections, who knows and then last nights vote might have been quite different.

Labour is eating itself and today it is obvious that people from all of the left wing parties who were banished years ago are looking to come back into the labour party, of course that worked well last time didn't it?.

PS:- The best news today was knowing that Ken Livingstone was never sodomised by 6 men at a gay orgy.

I actually think the "duff choice" would have been a Labour leader who was too similar to the Tories, like many of the "party heavyweights" who respouted Cameron's nonsense. 

Despite what some broadsheet pundits might have you believe no one deserted  Labour in the election because they thought "they just aren't like the Tories enough!"

At least there is a Labour leader who offers a clear distinct line between the main party leaders.Whether he's right or wrong.  You now have a right-wing and a left-wing,  rather than two slightly indistinguishable shades of ideologically empty mush.

1 minute ago, Red-Robbo said:

I actually think the "duff choice" would have been a Labour leader who was too similar to the Tories, like many of the "party heavyweights" who respouted Cameron's nonsense. 

Despite what some broadsheet pundits might have you believe no one deserted  Labour in the election because they thought "they just aren't like the Tories enough!"

At least there is a Labour leader who offers a clear distinct line between the main party leaders.Whether he's right or wrong.  You now have a right-wing and a left-wing,  rather than two slightly indistinguishable shades of ideologically empty mush.

I suppose as Screech pretty much said at least he and you have a clear choice, but the pay off is quite likely to be an unchallenged tory party, because a left wing labour party in 2020 (and that is the way it is headed) will be destined to lose IMO.

What I find immensely frustrating is the lack of any strategy. They are all as bad as eachother in the UK and West in general. It's Russia leading the field. That's ****ing Blair for you again, wasn't he the UN's special envoy charged with sorting the Middle East crisis out? 

Here's the solution, Syria gets carved up, Kurds get their own country, Assad is given his kingdom, Free Syrian Army get a chunk, Palestine created, Israel told to behave, give up a bit of land and not continue their expansionism. Libya and Iraq go under UN control while the various groups get together over dividing the terriotories up either as separate states or countries. Iran and Saudis told to grow up and stop promoting trouble or else we'll send Millwall over and sort 'em out.

Sorted. Now if Blair can send me a chunk of his big, fat salary that'll do me fine - what a disaster for the UK and the world in general that bloke has been. 

9 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

What I find immensely frustrating is the lack of any strategy. They are all as bad as eachother in the UK and West in general. It's Russia leading the field. That's ****ing Blair for you again, wasn't he the UN's special envoy charged with sorting the Middle East crisis out? 

Here's the solution, Syria gets carved up, Kurds get their own country, Assad is given his kingdom, Free Syrian Army get a chunk, Palestine created, Israel told to behave, give up a bit of land and not continue their expansionism. Libya and Iraq go under UN control while the various groups get together over dividing the terriotories up either as separate states or countries. Iran and Saudis told to grow up and stop promoting trouble or else we'll send Millwall over and sort 'em out.

Sorted. Now if Blair can send me a chunk of his big, fat salary that'll do me fine - what a disaster for the UK and the world in general that bloke has been. 

OMG, expect a certain poster attack very soon.

Given the spending review as well where the Tories, on the face of it, weren't quite the bastards they had suggested they may be, a very good night for Jezza in his interim.  I'm sure it's like one swallow in March though, CAN NOT see how the party is sustainable in its current format.

5 hours ago, SX225 said:

Graun posting 10,000+ win in Oldham.

Seems Corbyn isn't as toxic as some would have?

The right wing media would have you believe that Corbyn is the anti Christ!. Whereas a lot of people who were totally disillusioned by politics,now feel they have someone whose is honest and shares their views.

Ive said it many times on here, but it's worth saying again, 15 million people did not vote in the last election, a lot simply because no one represented how they feel.

On 2 December 2015 at 20:05:46, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Come on Bill even for you that is a really silly jump, a) it's outside of an abortion clinic and b) mass shootings have been and will be a regular occurrence in the U S of A with it's ridiculous gun laws.

Anymore thoughts on this incident now E's!?

It seems that the perpetrators of this crime had a massive arsenal in their house. Not your normal abortion clinic shotgun maniacs. 

2 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

Anymore thoughts on this incident now E's!?

It seems that the perpetrators of this crime had a massive arsenal in their house. Not your normal abortion clinic shotgun maniacs. 

I will never doubt you again mystic Bill, being able to foresee this as a possible terrorist attack after 10 seconds.

Your talents are wasted.

14 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I suppose as Screech pretty much said at least he and you have a clear choice, but the pay off is quite likely to be an unchallenged tory party, because a left wing labour party in 2020 (and that is the way it is headed) will be destined to lose IMO.

We'll see.

We're breaking borrowing records. breaking balance of payment deficit records and immigration (which is a big issue for many people ) is at an all-times high.And the cuts are still to come.

Plus in 2020,  you're likely to see a Tory Party led by someone who resembles Rowan Atkinson in the first series of Blackadder. 

Anything can happen. Es.  Pundits reckoned the "left-wing" Harold Wilson would never get elected when he was made party leader.

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

We'll see.

We're breaking borrowing records. breaking balance of payment deficit records and immigration (which is a big issue for many people ) is at an all-times high.And the cuts are still to come.

Plus in 2020,  you're likely to see a Tory Party led by someone who resembles Rowan Atkinson in the first series of Blackadder. 

Anything can happen. Es.  Pundits reckoned the "left-wing" Harold Wilson would never get elected when he was made party leader.

Hahaha !! :laughcont:

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

We'll see.

So; we could have a Rowan Atkinson (Blackadder) lookalike versus a Rowan Atkinson (Mr Bean) lookalike ?

8 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

The right wing media would have you believe that Corbyn is the anti Christ!. Whereas a lot of people who were totally disillusioned by politics,now feel they have someone whose is honest and shares their views.

Ive said it many times on here, but it's worth saying again, 15 million people did not vote in the last election, a lot simply because no one represented how they feel.

Hearing the result this morning, and being interested in politics, I must confess I was surprised at the size of the majority.

However (and it is OTIB so to use a football analogue), it was like us beating a league 1 team 5-0 in the cup, after being in bad form, and many pundits suggesting it would he an upset. A good result, but really, one they should be winning!

Your point about those that did not vote is an interesting one. Can a Corbyn led party reengage with great swathes who feel cut off from the current political process, in lets be honest, the way the SNP have north of the border? There is a world of difference between voting for a good local MP in a by election, and the person to be PM in a general election.

My problems with him are at least as much to do with inexperience and competance to lead a major party, as policy,  and few people I know could see him as PM, something that was in part Eds issue. Maybe that is something that will develop and grow. Would be churlish to suggest last night was anything other than a good result for him however. I suspect the next year or two will not be dull.

On 12/12/2015 at 12:25, Esmond Million's Bung said:

"Sources claimed when he wrote the letter he was unaware of the alleged links to terror".

Very statesman like once more.

Super post from EMB - the 'wise old owl' of the forum.

:clap:

Uncle TFR

Archived