IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

Just now, Owl Visiting said:

Haha, it's just about finally sunk in, been a great couple of days reliving it all. Nice to be in the limelight for the right reasons for once.

It's bizarre really, I've never met you, but I was delighted for you haha.

1 minute ago, Stortz said:

Not sure Katie's team will fancy this one again, Cameron was far too strong and was entirely prepared to walk through Taylor's shots to get to her.

Eddie says different but let's see in the cold light of day!

• Like 1

• Admin

Outstanding bout, credit to both boxers. 

It takes something very special to deliver Katie Taylors first defeat and Chantelle Cameron delivered when it mattered. 

I'm sure there'll be a rematch and that will be a cracking bout too 

Screenshot_20230520_234024_Samsung Internet.jpg

Thank you again to @Stortzfor the link ?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, phantom said:

20230520_234709.jpg

The 7th wasn't anything like close, Cameron dominated it. How the middle judge has given that to Katie is a mystery.

4 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

I've thought for a long time you have to put the judges in a soundproof box or tazer the ******* if they don't comply

Seems reasonable mate haha

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, big dosser said:

haney v loma what a fight not sure about robbery, bit like hagler v sugar ray could have gone either way.i had it a draw haney with good clean body shots loma with some good clean hits to the head . that good i watched it again and still could not make my mind up.

I think Loma won it

As for Hagler v Sugar that was a robbery hagler won that easy

All of the above is only my opinion NOT fact?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Maltshoveller said:

I think Loma won it

As for Hagler v Sugar that was a robbery hagler won that easy

All of the above is only my opinion NOT fact?

defo agree on hagler sugar the only reason i gave loma and haney the draw was due to haney grabbed the last round

would love to see them fight again

On 22/05/2023 at 14:35, big dosser said:

haney v loma what a fight not sure about robbery, bit like hagler v sugar ray could have gone either way.i had it a draw haney with good clean body shots loma with some good clean hits to the head . that good i watched it again and still could not make my mind up.

Loads of very close rounds but I agree that it wasn't a robbery--although one card was a bit wild. No idea why Loma took the 12th off, it was bizarre.  A great high level, technical fight.

16 hours ago, B1ackbird said:

Well, certainly spoiled for choice this Saturday,

Wood v Lara, Lopez v Conlon and Billan Smith v Okolie....

Lara Wood 2 is the one for me mate- but yes, fights galore! Would love it if CBS beat the Octokolie too.

• Like 1

Liverpool's Callum Smith will challenge Artur Beterbiev for the unified light-heavyweight world titles, live on Sky Sports in the UK on August 20.

WBC 175lb No 1 Smith will travel to Quebec City in Canada to fight Montreal resident Beterbiev for the WBC, IBF and WBO championships.

Edited by Super
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Super said:

Liverpool's Callum Smith will challenge Artur Beterbiev for the unified light-heavyweight world titles, live on Sky Sports in the UK on August 20.

WBC 175lb No 1 Smith will travel to Quebec City in Canada to fight Montreal resident Beterbiev for the WBC, IBF and WBO championships.

Good luck with that!!!

• Like 1