IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

On 23/07/2023 at 18:04, B1ackbird said:

Maxi Hughes, another corrupt verdict, or not?

Mixed views depends what you score on, boxing can be subjective which is where these things arise.  However he landed more, and landed more quality, and had better footwork.  

It seems and odd outcome, but he needed to put it beyond doubt it was close and these things can happen in close fights.

On 12/07/2023 at 09:21, Riaz said:

Lets not blame the whole division.

Uysk and AJ for example - they fight everyone.

Whole division is pointless and I can't stand it, everyone sticks up for who they prefer too. They're all fighting once per year, which is embarrassing. I prefer Usyk and AJ to Fury, but they're all fighting once a year which is ridiculous in my eyes.

1 minute ago, Stortz said:

Morning all, I'll be trying to maintain a signal on Perranporth beach to catch the fight!

I think Fulton will give Inoue his toughest test yet, but surely Naoye will cement his place at the top of the p4p rankings.

My thoughts exactly.

11 minutes ago, BCFCAL said:

Whole division is pointless and I can't stand it, everyone sticks up for who they prefer too. They're all fighting once per year, which is embarrassing. I prefer Usyk and AJ to Fury, but they're all fighting once a year which is ridiculous in my eyes.

I dont agree.

For starters, i dont prefer AJ. In fact, i have been a critic of his in the past.

But in terms of making fights, he has a very good track record. As does Usyk.

The problem is, Fury, who is widely thought to be the best guy, is playing up and he's the reason for the stagnated division.

To be fair to AJ, he has lost twice and is rebuilding. And could fight 3 times in 2023. Franklin, Whyte and Wilder, would be a good list of fights, for someone rebuidling their career.

31 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Morning all, I'll be trying to maintain a signal on Perranporth beach to catch the fight!

I think Fulton will give Inoue his toughest test yet, but surely Naoye will cement his place at the top of the p4p rankings.

Enjoy the Watering Hole mate!

1 hour ago, Riaz said:

I dont agree.

For starters, i dont prefer AJ. In fact, i have been a critic of his in the past.

But in terms of making fights, he has a very good track record. As does Usyk.

The problem is, Fury, who is widely thought to be the best guy, is playing up and he's the reason for the stagnated division.

To be fair to AJ, he has lost twice and is rebuilding. And could fight 3 times in 2023. Franklin, Whyte and Wilder, would be a good list of fights, for someone rebuidling their career.

They could certainly fight others, fair play to Joshua and Usyk for fighting each other, but there's always challengers for both. Xhang looks good. Joshua will do two fights this year I think, which is an improvement, but it's not groundbreaking.

1 hour ago, Riaz said:

What time is the Inoue fight? Anyone know?

Last undercard fight just started so probably an hour or so.

Edited by BCFCAL

13 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Jesus what a fighter.

Best in the world p4p by a mile.

Toyed with Fulton, then took him OUT.

Impressive mate.

Reading what Butler said about him he didn't realise how good he was until he shared a ring with him.

A bit like Hagler..

Deceptive genius.....

Another great fighter in Crawford this weekend....

23 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

Impressive mate.

Reading what Butler said about him he didn't realise how good he was until he shared a ring with him.

A bit like Hagler..

Deceptive genius.....

Another great fighter in Crawford this weekend....

Mate, Fulton is a really excellent boxer and Inoue has just entirely dismissed him at his own weight!

He's absolutely brilliant,. Much better than Spence or Crawford imo.

Edited by Stortz
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Mate, Fulton is a really excellent boxer and Inoue has just entirely dismissed him at his own weight!

He's absolutely brilliant,. Much better than Spencer or Crawford imo.

Pin by Jayne Grange on Childhood memories | British tv comedies, Comedy ...

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Stortz said:

He's absolutely brilliant,. Much better than Spencer or Crawford imo.

He certainly is great mate....

8 minutes ago, Super said:

Pin by Jayne Grange on Childhood memories | British tv comedies, Comedy ...

Help, I've been articulated.....

• Haha 1

Absolutely brutal from Inoue, not once in any sort of danger, won every round, as soon as Fulton started to throw anything (thought the 7th was his best round even though he still lost it), he dispatched him in the 8th. Fast, nimble, relentless and powerful. Great fight, great fighter. Full respect to Fulton as the champ to go over to Japan and dare to be great, not worrying about the 0 on his record.

20 hours ago, Stortz said:

He's absolutely brilliant,. Much better than Spence or Crawford imo.

I'm really looking forward to it mate, as long as it doesn't turn out like the S*** Show that was Mayweather v Pacquiao...

Very excited for Sunday morning's fight, unfortunately won't be active on here again until Monday. I'm backing Crawford, but don't see much in it at all. Not bothered about who wins, just want a good, fast paced exciting fight. Think there could be a couple of good fights on the undercard too, namely Cabrera vs Cruz.