IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

1 hour ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Total domination from Crawford,one of the greatest ever 

Incredible performance from Bud. Spence had never even been put down before and got brutalised.

It was just a wonderful display of ferocious counter punching from Crawford- and he did it all out of southpaw too to negate Spence's jab.

Like Inoue on Tuesday, Terence made a serious, decorated boxer look like a complete amatuer in what was considered an even fight. Greatness from both.

45 minutes ago, TomF said:

Charlo calling him out but I don't think he wants that.. if Canelo works through him then Bud will just end him.

Spence reportable taking the rematch clause... 

This is such a terrible idea. Unless he can convince Crawford's team to make it at 154, he'll catch an even bigger hiding next time.

Edited by Stortz
  • Like 3

On 28/07/2023 at 17:49, Stortz said:

Conor Benn gets away with it, unbelievable

UKAD are able to appeal it though, so we'll see if they do in 3 weeks time I suppose. Regardless of which, a statement should be released; Why was he banned if innocent? If only traces and ingested rather than injected, why was he banned? Interesting one, one that he shouldn't be getting away with in my view, but as it's the most corrupt sport ever, I'm not surprised. 

On 30/07/2023 at 10:28, joe jordans teeth said:

Total domination from Crawford,one of the greatest ever 

On 30/07/2023 at 11:54, Stortz said:

Incredible performance from Bud. Spence had never even been put down before and got brutalised.

It was just a wonderful display of ferocious counter punching from Crawford- and he did it all out of southpaw too to negate Spence's jab.

Like Inoue on Tuesday, Terence made a serious, decorated boxer look like a complete amatuer in what was considered an even fight. Greatness from both.

This is such a terrible idea. Unless he can convince Crawford's team to make it at 154, he'll catch an even bigger hiding next time.

On 30/07/2023 at 12:47, TomF said:

Yep it’ll just be another beat down.   I see Haney calling him out too.  Plenty of good fights available rather than rematch 

One of the best boxing displays I've ever seen, accuracy from Bud was ridiculous, felt like everything he threw connected. I believe both fighters move up to 154, but Bud decides what weight the rematch is at if Spence wants it. Plenty of fights at 154 though which is good for the boxing community.

9 minutes ago, TomF said:

I’ll still be here in spirit when Fury fights another bum in Bolton leisure centre, when Kalle is on the beak again ringside and obviously when Hearn is defending another fighter who’s been on the dodgy meet that VADA don’t like. 

This is defo my fav thread along with the cricket ones! 

Hope you'll still be around for AJ Whyte 2, but if not all the very best mate.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, phantom said:

This should be a cracking rematch 

20230802_201843.jpg

Just came here to comment on this. Personally although I'm delighted it's been made, because that's just how the sport should work, I can't see it being anything other than an even more one-sided contest, much as I love KT for her contribution to the women's game. 

Haven't been here much but what a fight the Crawford Spence was, who predicted such a humiliating dismantling of one fighter's legacy. Looking forward to the rematch of course but can anyone see a different outcome?

Meanwhile as something of a dabbler, what's up next of note? Who is Tim Tszyu fighting next? When is Inoue finally going to be recognised as the pound for pound? Etc

• Like 1

13 hours ago, phantom said:

This should be a cracking rematch 

20230802_201843.jpg

12 hours ago, Porto Red said:

Just came here to comment on this. Personally although I'm delighted it's been made, because that's just how the sport should work, I can't see it being anything other than an even more one-sided contest, much as I love KT for her contribution to the women's game. 

Haven't been here much but what a fight the Crawford Spence was, who predicted such a humiliating dismantling of one fighter's legacy. Looking forward to the rematch of course but can anyone see a different outcome?

Meanwhile as something of a dabbler, what's up next of note? Who is Tim Tszyu fighting next? When is Inoue finally going to be recognised as the pound for pound? Etc

While it's probably the right thing to do for KT, I fear that it means no Serrano rematch, which would've been fantastic and deserved for Serrano and the fans I think.

Only potential different outcome is if the rematch is at 154 I believe, which is definitely a possibility, but will it change much? No one knows I suppose, I'd still be backing Bud, but maybe not by as much of a landslide.

Think everyone either sees Inoue or Bud as P4P number 1, rightfully deserved for both. Those two are up there by quite a distance to 3rd I personally think, and it seems most of the community do too. On the Tszyu point, he becomes WBO champ on the 30th September, so next fight will be a title defence. If the WBC also strip Charlo, then it puts Mendoza as champ, and then I'd guess they'd fight each other for a unification bout, seems the logical thing to do, but even then, logic often doesn't prevail in the boxing world! Thankfully, I think Tszyu is quite eager to get up the P4P rankings and wants to fight whoever will help that cause, so it seems on the outside.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Terrible look for UK boxing. Benn, Khan, and now Whyte all in quick succession.

Whyte should be finished tho, pretty sure that is 3 times in his career he's failed a drugs test. 

It should be once and out but then that would only leave AJ,Wilder and USYK in the top 3000 of heavyweights 

56 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Anthony Joshua: Robert Helenius replaces Dillian Whyte for heavyweight bout on Saturday - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/66437938

Jesus Wept.

I understand they didn't fancy Hrgovic with the Wilder millions on the horizon, but even Washington or Del Boy would have been better.

This, in my considered opinion, is an absolute steaming pile of dog shit of a fight.

edit- Helenius fought last weekend ffs

Edited by Stortz

1 hour ago, Stortz said:

Jesus Wept.

I understand they didn't fancy Hrgovic with the Wilder millions on the horizon, but even Washington or Del Boy would have been better.

This, in my considered opinion, is an absolute steaming pile of dog shit of a fight.

edit- Helenius fought last weekend ffs

Unbelievable ain't it, actually a farce! Pulled from pay per view now

6 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Acceptable late replacement, especially for a guy on the rebuild.

Before getting knocked out by wilder - Helenius was in good form.

It would possibly be if the guy hadn't fought last weekend.

Washington smashed Helenius to the shadow realm 3 fights before Wilder too.

27 minutes ago, Stortz said:

It would possibly be if the guy hadn't fought last weekend.

Washington smashed Helenius to the shadow realm 3 fights before Wilder too.

You also gotta consider, they were burned when they picked Ruiz - and they probably regret it.

AJ isnt currently on the world title hunt and has wilder lined up - in this context, i think its acceptable.

On 08/08/2023 at 14:42, Kid in the Riot said:

Hrgovic was terrible last time out against Zhang! 

True, but Zhang can make anyone look shit, he's so big and awkward.

37 minutes ago, BUTOR said:

Evening, Anyone got a decent stream on the go? Cheers

https://www.vipleague.st/dazn-boxing-boxing-from-dazn-1-live-streaming

Evening all!

Johnny Fisher is rubbish, but not a quarter as rubbish as Campbell Hatton.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1