IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

1 hour ago, B1ackbird said:

It's now emerged Benn's failed drugs test was down to a serfit of eggs he didn't eat.

Well, thanks for clearing that up....

?

You hire enough scientists and they will be able to come up with some old BS,tbf I’ve come back from Ibiza before with some strange substances in my body and it was eggs all along I swear 

• Haha 1

On 19/06/2023 at 18:30, Porto Red said:

Hadn't even heard of Tim before but I'll be following his career after this

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/1471578/ti-tszyu-stunning-first-round-ko-undisputed-clash/

Watched his last couple of fights, great fighter, exciting to watch too.

On 20/06/2023 at 09:53, Stortz said:

Ricky Hatton battered his dad in 2005!

Ferocious finish from Tim, I'm interested to see how he gets on in the unification v Charlo.

I think he beats Charlo, Charlo been too inactive and Tszyu has gone from strength to strength, should be a good fight though.

Boxing's whole structure of governance needs a complete rethink, otherwise I think it will begin to decline in popularity, if it isn't already.

I think part of the problem too, is that top heavyweights just get paid too much. No incentive for Fury to fight regularly when he's earning over £20m a fight. 

Problem is, any change in structure/breakaway, would probably need to be like LIV golf with the players/boxers being promised even more money.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, phantom said:

Totally agree, the heavy weight division is an absolute farce at the moment

Not even worth keeping up with it, saying that, not massively worth keeping up with UK boxing at the minute, US absolutely blowing us out of the water at the minute, shame it's not at convenient times for Europe.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Boxing's whole structure of governance needs a complete rethink, otherwise I think it will begin to decline in popularity, if it isn't already.

I think part of the problem too, is that top heavyweights just get paid too much. No incentive for Fury to fight regularly when he's earning over £20m a fight. 

Problem is, any change in structure/breakaway, would probably need to be like LIV golf with the players/boxers being promised even more money.

Too many organizations and too many belts, how can there be an 'A' and 'B' side in negotiations when the two boxers both hold 2 belts each and get different PPV numbers depending on the country they fight in? Pair that with promoters, who are just as bad as football agents and you have impossible negotiations.

Top boxers as you said also have no need to fight. Fury got £25 million to fight Dereck Chisora for a 3rd time, what's the point in him fighting someone that has a chance to take the 0 off of his record?

15 hours ago, TomF said:

This is the cruz for me.   We've got 4 main orgs plus the ring.. some of them have super and standard belts, some interim. 

Trying to get rid when the money involved will be a hell of a challenge. 

Can't see it happening unfortunately, everyone will lose out on money, think it's past the point now and this is boxing, thankfully outside of the heavyweights it's not too bad. If you look at the UFC, it's perfect in terms of 1 belt, top 10 rankings where it's evident who should fight who, no promoters, and the fighters don't get paid millions per fight (most of them) and they also get bonuses on the night if they win them (Knockout of the night, fight of the night etc.) But even they're now breaking off or going into boxing to earn more and fight less.