IGNORED

Thanks For Everything Steve

cottsciderarmy

I have been informed through a friend this morning that Steve has offered his resignation to Mr Lansdown after yesterday's game.

I would like to thank him for all he has done for the club and hope SL does the right thing and accepts it. Cotts walking with his dignity and pride in tact shows his love for the club and shows he has the clubs best interests at heart.

I wish him all the best wherever he ends up next.

Hope we make an appointment that means business now.

I expect the announcement to be made tomorrow morning by the club. The source works for the Daily Mail who passed on to me.

I'm sorry i dont buy that, How would someone who works for the Daily Mail know this ? If it was common knowledge and told to all the press yesterday then everyone would have heard by now.  However if he was the only one privaliged to hear this then surely he would want the exlusive story and not let the story go out on social media by telling a friend

No reason to doubt you, though can't be the only one here to be surprised if that is indeed the case.

In conversation with a Villa supporting pal the other day, and hearing how much of a nightmare the quick turn over of managers has been for them, I came to the conclusion that I actually wanted us to stick with SC, and give him the time to turn things around, if only to buck the trend of 'fail>fire>fail>fire' so many other teams seem to have come to accept as the 'usual' - I felt that perhaps the board's patience was maybe an asset to us, and something that could bare fruit.

I mean, we're not even in the relegation zone as it stands; yes, we are absolutely deep in a relegation fight, but that fight is far from over - we had fewer points (just, to be fair) under McInnes at the same stage last time were in this league, and I do believe that currently we play better football than back then, and have a better chance of escaping than in 12/13 with the current squad.

Question I guess would be (if this is indeed the case) is; how prepared are the board to replace SC under these circumstances?

It's one thing from a new man to arrive in a dressing room that has ultimately been partly responsible for a manager getting fired (be that through pro-activity or loss of faith, or both), but quite another to turn up in one where they may very well be in as much shock as anyone else as to why their gaffer has walked.

Let's wait and see.

Well I would hope this is wrong.

Maybe it isn't but Cottsciderarmy has been spectacularly wrong with his info of late- notably with his predictions of two players signing in the summer and Mickey's career ending injury just before he then signed for MK.

However, SC has run into a fair bit of trouble now and as virtually half the Championship has already changed Manager this season- who'd be surprised?

5 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Well I would hope this is wrong.

Maybe it isn't but Cottsciderarmy has been spectacularly wrong with his info of late- notably with his predictions of two players signing in the summer and Mickey's career ending injury just before he then signed for MK.

However, SC has run into a fair bit of trouble now and as virtually half the Championship has already changed Manager this season- who'd be surprised?

Oh yeah.. Lawrie Wilson wasn't it? 

If he offered his resignation and the board didn't accept, isn't that exactly what we have been against the entire time? We don't want anyone that doesn't want to be here. Certainly that applies to the manager, right? 

I know it is all speculation but if he offers it, it should be accepted. Should we sack him? It's a question that I go back and forth on. We have been stale and need something to change. Maybe that is the manager. On the other hand, loyalty and consistency can go a long way. Maybe my indecisiveness just means it's not quite time yet but another game or 2 like the last 2 and the writing will be on the wall. 

6 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

If he offered his resignation and the board didn't accept, isn't that exactly what we have been against the entire time? We don't want anyone that doesn't want to be here. Certainly that applies to the manager, right? 

I know it is all speculation but if he offers it, it should be accepted. Should we sack him? It's a question that I go back and forth on. We have been stale and need something to change. Maybe that is the manager. On the other hand, loyalty and consistency can go a long way. Maybe my indecisiveness just means it's not quite time yet but another game or 2 like the last 2 and the writing will be on the wall. 

Ever had an employee say to you "Look, if you want me to leave I will".

I have recently,  but I valued the bloke highly enough to ask him to stay,  despite a major sctew-up, which,  to be fair, wasn't entirely his fault. 

That could be the situation here - or it could all just be bs of course. 

I personally hope we stick with Steve, but I respect others who have a different opinion. 

Archived