IGNORED

Thanks For Everything Steve

cottsciderarmy

After yesterday I wanted Cotts out, it was so dire even with 11 vs 11. 

Looking at it now, I would like Cotts to try something different in terms of formation and tactics over the next couple of games to see if he can turn it around.

I would be amazed if he resigned without trying something different first. Change formation, give Cox or Wes a start up front seeing as no one else is scoring.

He may have answers to solve to issues within the players we have and would expect him to try and find these before handing his notice in.

8 minutes ago, djb6162 said:

If SC was going to offer his resignation ,he surely would tell his players first imho.

and he hasnt, so i personally not taking this story seriously

Not necessarily. If he "offered" his resignation that's not the same as definitely leaving. He might have done it to see if he still had the support of Steve Lansdown. If Steve says please don't go, and he stays, then there is nothing to say to he players, the media or anyone else. 

9 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Not necessarily. If he "offered" his resignation that's not the same as definitely leaving. He might have done it to see if he still had the support of Steve Lansdown. If Steve says please don't go, and he stays, then there is nothing to say to he players, the media or anyone else. 

Ye entirely possible.

its my opinion only that he would not operate that way, its not how a proud man works.

he may have asked the board if he still had their support, but not a chance would he go in with the intention to offerr his resignation.

hope he doesnt prove me wrong !,!

Tell me to eff off, but I've seen you play 3 times this season and to my independent eye it' looks obvious you need to ditch 352 as your wingbacks aren't good enough at this level. If Cotterill is surgically attached to keep playing that system he needs to go

Bolton and Charlton look like dead men walking so surely you should be better than one more side

4 minutes ago, swindon fan said:

Tell me to eff off, but I've seen you play 3 times this season and to my independent eye it' looks obvious you need to ditch 352 as your wingbacks aren't good enough at this level. If Cotterill is surgically attached to keep playing that system he needs to go

Bolton and Charlton look like dead men walking so surely you should be better than one more side

Always interesting to see the views of others.

I don't think many would disagree that sticking for 352 regardless is working, but with such a small squad there's not much flexibility.

28 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Agreed- I was hit with a wave of nausea only equalled by a pint of Woodpecker with a creme de menthe chaser.

The real problem is that past history tells us that some on here would actually see that as a 'dream team'.

ooh nasty. 

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

Ever had an employee say to you "Look, if you want me to leave I will".

I have recently,  but I valued the bloke highly enough to ask him to stay,  despite a major sctew-up, which,  to be fair, wasn't entirely his fault. 

That could be the situation here - or it could all just be bs of course. 

I personally hope we stick with Steve, but I respect others who have a different opinion. 

I'm up in the air on whether we should stick with him or not. I think anyone on either side of the argument would have valid points. I think maybe the next 2 are key. Get 4 points and us move into those upper teen spots then maybe we can be in an ok spot to sign a quality player or 2. If he loses both then I think it has to be time for a change. At least a new manager could persuade 1 or 2 with new ideas. 

As far as your situation at work. It's a rare commodity to value someone enough for your boss to tell you that he doesn't want you to leave. In the common work place I think it doesn't happen enough. For the football club though, there has been a message that we don't want a divided locker room and want players that want to play for Bristol City. Surely we should want our manager to. I know there could be an argument made that he's doing it out of respect for the club but I look at it as an easy way out. He's struggling but he's not doing everything he can to fix it. We have a small squad of about 20. He only uses 13-14 of them however. He sticks with the same formation over and over. He's not adapting and asking to resign would be another sign of stubbornness IMO. I didn't get what I wanted in the summer and now my squad isn't good enough to compete the way I want them to. Maybe that isn't fair but it's the way I look at it. It's an attractive brand of football and I have loved watching it but at the moment it either looks pretty and we lose or it looks dreadful and we lose. Last year was fun to watch but only so much fun because of the wins. 3 of 19 is awful no matter how good it has looked. Questions need to start being asked at the least. 

41 minutes ago, swindon fan said:

Eff off 

2 hours ago, cottsciderarmy said:

The source works for the Daily Mail who passed on to me.

rather than print it in the Daily Mail or post it online*

of course.

(Can I suggest you go and feed your unicorn)

which is how reporters tend to usually operate in the real world

2 hours ago, Taxi for Rennie said:

On second thoughts ............ what perfect timing!

Colin is just about to leaver QPR, so he can walk straight into the City job.

Yes, YES.

Colin as 'First Team Manager', Hollowhead as 'Director of Football'.

Get in!

Uncle TFR

:dance:

Can't you find a role for Pulis in the dream team??

2 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

If he offered his resignation and the board didn't accept, isn't that exactly what we have been against the entire time? We don't want anyone that doesn't want to be here. Certainly that applies to the manager, right? 

I know it is all speculation but if he offers it, it should be accepted. Should we sack him? It's a question that I go back and forth on. We have been stale and need something to change. Maybe that is the manager. On the other hand, loyalty and consistency can go a long way. Maybe my indecisiveness just means it's not quite time yet but another game or 2 like the last 2 and the writing will be on the wall. 

It doesn't mean he wants to leave. Could be a clever tactic, he would be giving the club a chance to get rid of him without any compensation but if they don't accept then they'd have to back him in the transfer window and probably keep him until the end of the season, puts the Board on the spot so they have to make a decision now rather than have it festering in the background over Christmas.

1 minute ago, ashton_fan said:

It doesn't mean he wants to leave. Could be a clever tactic, he would be giving the club a chance to get rid of him without any compensation but if they don't accept then they'd have to back him in the transfer window and probably keep him until the end of the season, puts the Board on the spot so they have to make a decision now rather than have it festering in the background over Christmas.

Yea that's not a bad shout. Well if it is his tactic I hope it works. We need something to happen. 

3 hours ago, cottsciderarmy said:

I have been informed through a friend this morning that Steve has offered his resignation to Mr Lansdown after yesterday's game.

I would like to thank him for all he has done for the club and hope SL does the right thing and accepts it. Cotts walking with his dignity and pride in tact shows his love for the club and shows he has the clubs best interests at heart.

I wish him all the best wherever he ends up next.

Hope we make an appointment that means business now.

I expect the announcement to be made tomorrow morning by the club. The source works for the Daily Mail who passed on to me.

Will be intresting to see if your friend has informed u correctly. I believe u may well be right.need to give ourselves time to turn this mess around.3wins in 19,games is unacceptable at any level.I'll be sad to see him go but believe its the right thing to do.

He's a mate, to print something he has to get approval from editor's in chief, the protocol would be to have someone contact the club and pose the question. He doesn't work in Football, he works on current affairs but he has a connection in the south west (he works and lives in Manchester). He said to me, been told that your manager has offered his resignation, what you think.

I said I hope so !

He said well my guy seems to think the club will make an announcement on Monday morning.

The guy is a straight bat, so I doubt he would say something out the blue like that. He knew I supported a Bristol team and said, oh you support City or Rovers, I said City and why, to which he said I've heard news that your manager offered his resignation last night.

4 minutes ago, cottsciderarmy said:

He's a mate, to print something he has to get approval from editor's in chief, the protocol would be to have someone contact the club and pose the question. He doesn't work in Football, he works on current affairs but he has a connection in the south west (he works and lives in Manchester). He said to me, been told that your manager has offered his resignation, what you think.

I said I hope so !

He said well my guy seems to think the club will make an announcement on Monday morning.

The guy is a straight bat, so I doubt he would say something out the blue like that. He knew I supported a Bristol team and said, oh you support City or Rovers, I said City and why, to which he said I've heard news that your manager offered his resignation last night.

Obviously you've stuck your neck out posting this but I think you can forgive people being a bit sceptical given your previous.. Lawrie Wilson.. The Real Madrid pair which I think were also you.. 

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Obviously you've stuck your neck out posting this but I think you can forgive people being a bit sceptical given your previous.. Lawrie Wilson.. The Real Madrid pair which I think were also you.. 

I did say about Lawie and WE DID offer him a contract, he joined a club I used to work for. I never mentioned anything to do with anyone from Real Madrid, just Wilson and Tavanier who we both offered deals to but they went elsewhere.

3 minutes ago, cottsciderarmy said:

I did say about Lawie and WE DID offer him a contract, he joined a club I used to work for. I never mentioned anything to do with anyone from Real Madrid, just Wilson and Tavanier who we both offered deals to but they went elsewhere.

Fair enough, I must have got you mixed up with someone else about the Real Madrid guys, think he had a similar username.

Do you know if the resignation has been accepted?

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Fair enough, I must have got you mixed up with someone else about the Real Madrid guys, think he had a similar username.

Do you know if the resignation has been accepted?

No and he's not contacted me since. Hope it has though, as by offering it, it's an indication he doesn't think he can take us any further and with that we should act appropriately . 

Archived