IGNORED

Next City Manager

Pickle Rick

44 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Monk, Tisdale and the like, especially given our precarious position, are way too much of a gamble.

Don't think you can really compare the two. Monk managed for nearly two years in the prem! Granted it was his first job but was very highly regarded by Swansea fans. 

11 minutes ago, RedDave said:

It continues to amaze me that fans think we could attract the likes of Rodgers and Moyes.  Seriously, are you lot stupid or what? 

Any claims of stupidity should be aimed at the board, they have claimed the lofty ambition of prem league football in their SC obituary and some of the names being put forward certainly do not match that ambition IMO, in fact some of them are quite depressing, it's high time the board put their money where their lofty ambitions are and brought in a manager to reflect that ambition, both are out of work, so why not offer them a job till the end of the season with a huge bonus if they keep us up.

Cue Paul Tisdale to match the lofty ambitions then.

10 minutes ago, INCRED said:

All subjective but if I were in the boards shoes, no way would I with 17 days of the window left sack a manager and have no contingency and no irons in the fire with regards to bringing players in!

I think this is why he was ultimately sacked. Anyone with half the brain cells of darrel Clark knew we needed players in january. Cotts should have had them all lined up to come in 10 days ago. None have come off so it's out the door and get somebody on who can. 

I'm certain if we had 4 new players in by now that improve on what we have he'd still be in a job. SL would have given him the opportunity to turn it around with new players on board 

16 minutes ago, RedDave said:

It continues to amaze me that fans think we could attract the likes of Rodgers and Moyes.  Seriously, are you lot stupid or what? 

I know exactly what you mean re Rodgers. But.... Moyes wants a job, Moyes has fantastic memories of our club, Landsown wants a 'top' manager, Moyes has let it be known he his happy to work in the Championship. 

So why not, it's the perfect fit really. 

Archived