IGNORED

Next City Manager

Pickle Rick

9 minutes ago, MATT BCFC said:

Looking at the bookies favourites I'd like Pearson. Might not be the best with the media but good manager and has a good record at this level. Whether he would accept the job remains to be seen. 

Moyes won't happen.

Warnock could be a good short term fix.

Monk promising young manager but feel we need someone with experience at this level.

Steve Clarke would be a good choice in my opinion but would be my second choice behind Pearson.

the rest on the list I'm really not sure about!

All that being said if I was a betting man I'd put a tenner on JP to remain in the job at 25/1!

8 minutes ago, MATT BCFC said:

Looking at the bookies favourites I'd like Pearson. Might not be the best with the media but good manager and has a good record at this level. Whether he would accept the job remains to be seen. 

Moyes won't happen.

Warnock could be a good short term fix.

Monk promising young manager but feel we need someone with experience at this level.

Steve Clarke would be a good choice in my opinion but would be my second choice behind Pearson.

the rest on the list I'm really not sure about!

I see the best solution being Warnock till the end of the season. I think overall that gives us as good a chance of survival of those touted and the least risky option. Given how badly Pearson had a handle of player discipline at Leic -  particularly as the main incident  included his own son - I worry how he would get on with a squad in Bristol if I'm honest. I could see, and would fear with him, a return to the Wilson days if I'm totally honest.

Monk as you say would be a tall ask. The summer might be a good time for Monk, if he could be tempted. But, Monk going from coaching premier league quality to potentially coaching and recruiting in league one will be a very difficult transition I fear.

Because we are at such a defining crossroad I don't see how we could make the correct long term appointment by anything other than luck. So I'd take the risk averse option and go for someone who will guide us until the season is out and then begin the earnest search once we know the attributes that will be needed.

10 hours ago, shelts said:

Au could attract any manager  in the world. First you offer them money, then a bucket full of ambition followed by shed loads of money. Bristol City have always done things on the cheap, so wouldn't it be sweet if this changed......?

The ghosts of 1982 might not want to go along with this

13 minutes ago, Soul_Trader said:

David Moyes ?

Really ???

Manchester United ... hand picked to succeed their most successful manager ever .....  

Then ... Bristol City ...   emoji_u1f615.png

In fairness would be shocked if he came, but then his stock isn't exactly high. Fine margins in football. The chosen one, the failed one, the unemployed one. How long can he wait to be offered a prem job, he's not getting any younger. Look at Alan Curbishley constantly linked with jobs but waited for the right one and is now past it.    

3 minutes ago, sodburyred said:

In fairness would be shocked if he came, but then his stock isn't exactly high. Fine margins in football. The chosen one, the failed one, the unemployed one. How long can he wait to be offered a prem job, he's not getting any younger. Look at Alan Curbishley constantly linked with jobs but waited for the right one and is now past it.    

I agree with you. Isn't he a good friend of SL. 

Short term - I'd have Colin, if people can't see that a nasty ****** like him isn't exactly what we need for the next 4 months then maybe football isn't for you

Long term - Justin Edinburgh, only seen one other shout for him on here. Done a great job at Newport and continuing at Gillingham, and, as the other poster said, he can bring Dack with him. If we don't go down the younger guy route then I'd take Pearson. Someone else who won't take any shit, and he kept Southampton up in Championship before doing a great job at Leicester. I suspect our board don't have the balls to work with a strong personality like that though

Appleton worries me. If it's him, despite the cracking job he's doing at Oxford currently, then it shows how out of depth the board are

Appleton it is then

Moyes: no chance, he'd want a prem team.  Shame, as I think he'd work out OK.

Clarke and Monk: not sure

Hasbeens like Redknapp and Colin ******: **** me, no

Whoever suggested Tim Sherwood needs to lay off the scrumpy, the man has no more tactical nous than I do

Looks like Pearson, if he's up for it

Me?  I'd like to see Tisdale, or Justin Edinburgh.  But they'd be mad to come here just now.

11 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

I would be delighted with:

• Justin Edinburgh
  • Nigel Pearson
  • Pep Guardiola

Wages would be extortionate. We could probably manage Edinburgh's, and probably Edinburgh's and Pearson's. But not Edinburgh's, Pearson's and Pep's, all at once. I'd go for just Pep

2 minutes ago, sodburyred said:

I get what you're saying. 

My concern would be that we appoint some "up and coming" manager, whose team have done well in the FA cup of late.  

My belief is we need a manager with a definite skill set ... who has done it at this level.

I hope the board need to focus on that ... rather than the latest new shiny thing.

Appoint a trouble shooter boss for the rest of the season to steady the ship ... that is all we should be looking for ..... not some nice to have long term, attractive football dude..

As I see it the problem is just not just with the manager it's with the board as well. First we are now a small fish in a big pond instead of a big fish in a small pond like last season.

Teams mind set when they played us last season was to try to contain us which suited our style of play where as this season that is not the case and they are not playing us with the same mentality.

Steve C should have reckons this and for this season at least adapted to not losing games as oppose to trying to win every game. This is reflected in the 3-5-2.

The problem with the board is that they are trying to think big but act in a short sighted way in trying to do everything on the cheap.

It is all very well to give the funds for a transfer fee, but pointless if you are then going to not pay the going rate to compete with your  competitors.

Future playing targets will know what and how we operate and we are in danger of getting  a bad reputation.

I know Mr Lansdown is worried about the FFS, but if you look at the alternative of going back down, you stand to lose so much (TV, Sponsorships, gates, and all the other things fans spend when

attending matches. So you stand to lose as much going back down as you if you spend to stay up.

The important thing is not just who they appoint as the next manager but, if the board and the Manager are in one in the thinking on how to succeed

Archived