IGNORED

Next City Manager

Pickle Rick

The club are not talking about a new manager but a new head coach

I suspect this is significant as some of our recent difficulties may well have arisen from SC insisting on being manager.  Many of us thought this would one day come back to bite us as The Director of Football post may well have clashed with the manager's role especially over transfers

I think the club's Reference to head coach may be highly significant

2 minutes ago, Londoner said:

"We want to achieve our ultimate goal of being in the premier league"....really if they think appointing Appleton will achieve that they are beyond deluded

We'll have to get out of L1 again first though

14 minutes ago, BARNEYB said:

As I see it the problem is just not just with the manager it's with the board as well. First we are now a small fish in a big pond instead of a big fish in a small pond like last season.

And we are also a fish that whiffs a bit too much

If I was SL, I would swallow my pride and go flat cap in hand back up to Chesterfield, scour the local hosteleries, track down Danny Wilson and say, "we're desperate Dan. How about it?"

Then when we storm into the L1 play offs next year, fire him out and get Andy Robinson to sit in for just the 3 games....

12 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

I know exactly what you mean re Rodgers. But.... Moyes wants a job, Moyes has fantastic memories of our club, Landsown wants a 'top' manager, Moyes has let it be known he his happy to work in the Championship. 

So why not, it's the perfect fit really. 

That will do for me PB. Why shouldnt he come ?  are we ever going to get to the Premiership like our illustrious Chairman alluded to in his Cotts RIP speech unless we aim high, problem with us is we have always thought we were the bridesmaid and never the bride.....a new mindset is needed, fickle fans ?no more fickle than any other clubs but we have proved the support is there when we are flying so come on BCFC board, get a top manager in and lets get on with it :city:

29 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

If I was SL, I would swallow my pride and go flat cap in hand back up to Chesterfield, scour the local hosteleries, track down Danny Wilson and say, "we're desperate Dan. How about it?"

Then when we storm into the L1 play offs next year, fire him out and get Andy Robinson to sit in for just the 3 games....

My mate was drinking with him last night in Chesterfield

1 hour ago, Br1stolCityBoy said:

Wouldn't be surprised that the new manager or managers elect are at the Gate watching the match tomorrow. Keep your eyes peeled.

Keep your eyes open,it will either be a hipster or someone with a false beard.

6 minutes ago, oldstandrobin said:

That will do for me PB. Why shouldnt he come ?  are we ever going to get to the Premiership like our illustrious Chairman alluded to in his Cotts RIP speech unless we aim high, problem with us is we have always thought we were the bridesmaid and never the bride.....a new mindset is needed, fickle fans ?no more fickle than any other clubs but we have proved the support is there when we are flying so come on BCFC board, get a top manager in and lets get on with it :city:

Surely it's (a) cheaper to get a top manager on board than a top player and it's also (b) much easier to sell them the vision/dream as they'll be in charge of delivering it. And they may well have done it before elsewhere so would relish it.

This really isn't the time to "test" out theories on A B C or D who's doing well in the lower leagues. Proven manager, at this level, a big enough name and personality to attract the right players who can deliver in the Championship, is what's required. It's a no-brainer. 

If we really have the ambition then now is the time to prove to the fans that it's not just empty promise after empty promise. 

3 minutes ago, Aizoon said:

Everybody's banging on about "get a top class manager". Would a top class manager come to a shambles like us?

Quite possibly , many are arrogant enough to believe that they can bring glory and light wherever they go .

A top class ' resting ' manager might just see us as a golden opportunity to get back in the game .

7 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Quite possibly , many are arrogant enough to believe that they can bring glory and light wherever they go .

A top class ' resting ' manager might just see us as a golden opportunity to get back in the game .

Arrogant enough to work with a squad of what, 18 and for a board who made just one perm signing for a bloke who delivered a league title for the club?

Just how I see it from the perspective of an outsider looking at the vacancy.

With the club mentioning Premier League in the same release as the one sacking a manager with us in the bottom 3 is remarkable too. They allude to the new manager having time to get us on track when in reality he has no tools to work with and little scope to recruit or even believe he would be allowed/able to recruit.

It's not a job for a 'punt' because the odds are stacked wildly against the new man. Someone after a pension, someone unfashionable or an interim is all I can see on the horizon I'm afraid.

2 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

I don't think many of us expect to have someone in charge by tomorrow. I'd hope to at least have the new manager in the stand watchcinng the WBA match though

Archived