IGNORED

Next City Manager

Pickle Rick

14 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Based on what exactly? 

Based on the fact that any manger that has ambition wouldn't touch us with a barge pole. If it was a case of the players not playing for Cott's that would be a different story but if you went to WBA you would have seen that this was not the case.

11 minutes ago, John Galley said:

Based on the fact that any manger that has ambition wouldn't touch us with a barge pole. If it was a case of the players not playing for Cott's that would be a different story but if you went to WBA you would have seen that this was not the case.

Playing in front of a near sell out Hawthorns against a Prem side in the FA Cup with over 5000 away fans shouldn't be taken that the players are playing for the manager with due respect

Interestingly this team has reserved it's best performances this season for TV appearances and the higher profile games

IMO the players are close as a group but where all the evidence is to indicate that SC is / was part of that of that group is,  I'm not so sure

I personally think Moyes would relish this... This club is his kind of thing, he's a builder, a project man. Look what he did with Everton over 10 years. If it was me. I'd offer him a 10 year deal and tell him get me to the premiership. 

If we cannot have Moyes id like us to buck the trend and go for someone who has a bit of fire and nastiness... Warnock or Pearson being my personal favourites.

I categorically believe we will now stay up. I'd put my life on it. For once give the board some credit for finally getting the stones to do something about our problem

6 hours ago, maxjak said:

Knowing the way things work at our beloved club…………..they have made no forward planning, SC dismissal was a knee-jerk reaction……and they probably have no idea who they will appoint, and by the time they sift through 150 applications,  the transfer window will have closed and the new manager will have to resort to the loan market.  I sincerely hope that I am wrong, but how can any supporter have any faith in the way this club is run behind the scenes………….with our previous record of appointing managers  (with the odd exception).   Boy did they make a mess of last summer?

Nobody seen this sort of season coming at the start of the season and they've given him as much time as possible, easy to be wise after the event.

28 minutes ago, Snufflelufagus said:

No one has mentioned Sherwood yet! And what about a complete leftfield appointment in the current england manager. ............ (womens) not that he'd have any good contacts. 

Because nobody wants him.

Having woken this morning with a clear head, it's obvious that we need someone:

a) with experience at this level

b) connected well in the game and able to attract players

The transfer window closes in two weeks, and that's not including the time it takes to assess the squad, identify the key areas in which improvement is needed and then actually make anything happen.

As has been said many times, the timing is bizarre to say the least and makes you think that someone is already lined up.

7 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

Perfect. I can picture it now: Bristol City, le Moulin Rouges!

da da, da di da di da da.

da da, da di da di da da

over and over again can while high kicking and rustling their skirts

i can see a new team of cheerleaders already doing the can can

as opposed to our can't can't in the transfer market

11 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

My Swansea mate texted me immediately and said he thought Monk would be a good appointment for us. Says he would have a good back room staff and seemed to imply his problems at Swansea related to board interference with transfers. I think it speaks volumes when a recently-departed manager is still spoken of highly by the supporters. I do like his style and general demeanour.

If interference from above was the problem he experienced at Swansea .... Why would he want deja vu / groundhog days here at the Gate?

The timing of this seems a bit odd ... even for BCFC.

I was listening to Cotts 20min interview on player yesterday and initially thought that the club were all cool and chilled with the whole thing.

Upon reflection I think Cotts probably knew after failing with Zach his number was up.   Regardless of who was to blame for the summer .... if you have a Jan window which is super critical for us.  Your first target needs to sign .... to me it seems Zach wasn't actually our first target .. was just too good an opportunity to pass up.  Which is fine, kudos to us for spotting it and having a go.  But I don't believe after 1/2 season searching little Zach was our #1 target ?

Given the timing, it seems to me the board weren't intending to sack him in Jan.  But the way the transfer window is shaping up and the results mean action needed to be taken.  Again kudos to us for acting decisively.

I'd like to think the board have already approached someone  ... or at least have a very short list of names they are working from.

Personally I think we need a proven manager who can come in straight away, someone connected who can bring in a couple of decent players with him for the rest of the season.  To be honest aim for this season is survival  ... then rebuild over the summer.   Much like Cotts did in L1.

Shame to see Cotts go, cos I would have liked to see him do well.  He wasn't my choice at the time.  But then I have a very poor record in BCFC managers, so I dont criticise SL because I dont think it is as easy as a lot of people make it out to be.

Anyway thanks Steve for all you did.   Just hope an announcement is made soon so we can get our season back on track

Looking at the bookies favourites I'd like Pearson. Might not be the best with the media but good manager and has a good record at this level. Whether he would accept the job remains to be seen. 

Moyes won't happen.

Warnock could be a good short term fix.

Monk promising young manager but feel we need someone with experience at this level.

Steve Clarke would be a good choice in my opinion but would be my second choice behind Pearson.

the rest on the list I'm really not sure about!

Archived