IGNORED

Next City Manager

Pickle Rick

Agree we must have someone lined up. Very late in the day to announce something like that, especially after he did the press conference a few hours earlier.

It's as if the preferred candidate said yes and they've sprung into action.

Really wouldn't be surprised to see another announcement tomorrow.

Monk or Clarke for me.

I don't understand the love affair people have over Tisdale. He's done ok at Exeter but seems more interested in his head wear than progressing his career. I think he knows that he's onto a decent thing at Exeter so why risk that?

Moyes would be interesting but I'd be very surprised if he agreed to come to AG. Maybe until the end of the season but it's high risk for a man who was unfairly sacked from MUFC and has now had a little european experience. He can sit tight for bigger jobs in the summer. Newcastle or Villa perhaps.

Monk is local.....ish so no problems relocating. He talks well, did a great job at Swansea and would encourage an attractive style with four defenders. Clarke is also not a million miles away at the other end of the M4 and would also sort our defence out.

2 minutes ago, Red Army 87 said:

Agree we must have someone lined up. Very late in the day to announce something like that, especially after he did the press conference a few hours earlier.

It's as if the preferred candidate said yes and they've sprung into action.

Really wouldn't be surprised to see another announcement tomorrow.

I hope they have someone lined up but deep down I think it's just wishful thinking.

Big decision for the board. I'm glad I'm not the one having to make it because I don't have a clue who would be best (apart from the certainty it should NOT be Hollowhead).

Colin? Hmmm. Might get us more organised but would be underwhelming. Hopefully his experience would help us stay up, but a short term fix.

Pearson? Did fantastically at Leicester but he worries me because he seems like a loose canon. I guess he is aiming higher as well.

Moyes? Seems impossibly unlikely but for now at least we can dream...

Hope the board know what they're doing, get it right and learn from the last few months.

29 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

It's quite ironic how everyone slated Cotterill for going for unrealistic transfer targets, and some now think there is a genuine chance of Moyes.

We - the punters - can have our flights of fancy, the people running the show need to be on the money and grounded in reality.

Thinking Gayle might come here suggests Cotts was away with the fairies a bit last summer

My big fear is that we will spend too long chasing high profile managers in order to bring in players and end up missing missing any kind of window to sign players. If we don't have an appointment by next Saturday I will be very, very worried.

It is a bold decision by the board and can only think they would've done it if they have been in preliminary talks with someone. My money would be Neil Warnock.

4 minutes ago, deano1966 said:

mickey mouse for me !

Laughing stock of the championship now 

May as well concede our championship place now !! 

Looking around other forums, the general feeling is they are surprised it has taken so long. 

Think it has just increasingly become unsustainable sadly over the last month. My only issue over the 'would not happen now unless somebody lined up' view is if anything happened over the last 24 hours that means it became inevitable.

Archived