IGNORED

Next City Manager

Pickle Rick

Would love Moyes to breeze into the Gate just imagine the publicity wed get from it.......somehow i think SL would love all that like when we signed James and got in Coppell. More like big Nigel Pearson i think, ok by me that hes a proper loose cannon!!

1 hour ago, Rocky said:

We need to aim high, none of these L1&2 managers, if we want players for £2M+ we need a manager who can sign these players.  

Paul Tisdale ain't one (with respect!)

Moyes is ridiculous but what's the harm in asking!? maybe he'd like a building job rather than inheriting a kingdom.

1 hour ago, Fjmcity said:

Nigel Pearson Fav on skybet 4/1

Pearson and Moyes would bring a championship squad with them, only chance of going up.

should of got SC as far away from the club as possible.

1 hour ago, Scrumpy said:

Don't believe everything that is said to the media with the wages AND Cotterill's excuses.

I believe the replacement is already in the pipeline and we'll have our new manager before long, along with some near immediate signings.

I tend to agree,we need a big name to attract players here and I think they must have someone lined up soon to get in some new players before deadline.

You could attract any manager in the world. First you offer them money, then a bucket full of ambition followed by shed loads of money. Bristol City have always done things on the cheap, so wouldn't it be sweet if this changed......?

Profile of the new managers normally matches his spends

Moyes Pearson Monk you have got to be joking if u think any of these will come to a club in a relegation battle that cant even entice Zach Clough to sign

Best chance of survival would be a Warnock in short term deal - he could persuade players to come if only on loan and you have to believe youd see a new manager bounce

However hes much too much his own man for Lansdown to employ 

Much more likely to be a Clarke, Powell, Robinson or Tisdale type and is most likely to be out of work as they wont want to pay compo

Interesting that club statement is from Dawe as Cotterill was his appt after SL chose Mcinnes and ODismal - so SL let Dawe have his choice so now its gone wrong Dawe has no doubt been told to fire him

Hpefully Cotterill will reveal what really happened with the recruitment debacle he will that SL wont pay the wages and SL will say Cotts couldnt attract players

We better hope whoever comes in can attract players because my eyes are telling me the 16 or so we have will see us relegated

1 minute ago, Jack Dawe said:

Cotts said he had to do a year's recruitment in a month. The next bloke will have to do it in less than a fortnight, possibly a (short) week. Or a long weekend. Doesn't time fly?

Unless Messrs Lansdown, Burt and co just go ahead and do it themselves....

You could go for a short term appointment until the end of the season with Neil Warnock, who would have the contacts and the nous to keep City in The Championship. If you retain Championship status you have the time to attract a capable manager/coach for the next campaign. I believe that the Board favour a continental structure whereby transfer targets are  assessed by a committee and the coach is just one of many who have a say. That would attract the likes of Poyet or a burgeoning European talent. British 'managers' tend to favour complete control of transfer policy. Swansea City have had great success with interchangeable coaches, without sacrificing their style of play. 

Someone who has had success at League One level (just in case) but also experience of managing in The Championship....oh wait we've just got rid of that option...

For that reason there's absolutely no point in anyone like Tisdale for example, if SC couldn't persuade players to join us then we need a big name appointment. 

Must surely have someone lined up, the timing of the sacking smacks of having someone ready to step in......surely??

Surely a replacement has already been lined up? Madness if not but then it would be a typical City thing to do.

There have been some very optimistic shouts on this thread and I will be staggered if the likes of Monk or Moyes come here. Pearson would be ambitious but is probably more likely than Monk or Moyes. 

8 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

It's quite ironic how everyone slated Cotterill for going for unrealistic transfer targets, and some now think there is a genuine chance of Moyes.

Its a fair point. 

At least when recruiting managers it's far more straightforward. A phone call will tell you enough before wasting too much time. So you might as well fail having tried first. Plus you haven't got agents sticking their evil noses into it. 

How about- I know he lacks Championship experience, but would Laudrup come here?

He is a big name, he attracted some fine players in his time at Swansea, even won them a trophy and had them performing in Europe...good football also. Risky at this time but it would be a statement of intent and would help tap the European market more so.

Archived