IGNORED

The Official Newcastle United v Bristol City Match Day Thread

Just now, 29AR said:

I would NEVER have predicted that team. Initial reaction was wtf... but keep looking at it liking it more and more. 

Yea the midfield could be decent I think, packed with decent players. Still can't believe he's gone Wilbs over Taylor, I understand wanting to have the target man but I'm not sure he's right for this game.

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Sounds like it would have been Djuric but for an injury

On the bench

Thanks for that. Didn't read about Djuric. I like Wilbs but it's Newcastle. Rotherham, Preston or Burton fair enough. 

Im not looking forward to Korey and GON in midfield together though. They tend to stand 5 yards from each other and pass sideways to each other or back to the centre halves. 

I have high hopes for our right and left sides though. Think this could be our strongest lineup on the wings. Banged on for months about how COD in front of Bryan may bring the best out of both as CODs work will allow Joe to get forward more comfortably while knowing he'll be covered. Cotterill has been brilliant and Vyner will be hungry to impress. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Baldyman said:

Wilbs ????? Give me strength ! A 37 year old who's not Kicked a ball for a couple of months . Energy my arse . Duric ??? 

Djuric is Injured. If we're going to go 4-2-3-1 think Wilbs was the only option, although eye-popping when originally seeing it. Taylor can come on and change formation. 

Wilbs impressed me a lot at the start of the season. He gives Cotterril and O'Dowda a purpose Taylor most likely wouldn't have. 

Seems to me LJ had a formation in mind and picked the team around it. 

4 minutes ago, 1891 B.C. Sweden said:

#NEWvBRC: Giefer, Vyner, Flint, Wright, Bryan, Cotterill, O'Neil, Reid, K.Smith, O'Dowda, Wilbraham. #BristolCity

subs: Fielding, Magnusson, Hegeler, Pack, Paterson, Tomlin, Taylor

So Brownhill and Matthews have come and gone, where the hell are the goals going to come from in that team, a severe lack of pace, a kid with a couple of senior games behind him thrown in at full-back in the cauldron that is St. Jame's Park, another 6 changes, when the hell is he going to know his best 11? 

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

On a serious note I'm angry for the fans that have travelled all that way and spent all that money for him to pick that. 

Why? Wholesale changes from a side that has just turned in one of the most inept and gutless performances I've seen in years. I'd be pleased. 

Did you expect him to start four strikers and set up to get thrashed?

• Like 1

Jesus, you're a miserable and joyless lot.  He's picked a squad of professional footballers, pretty much in the positions you'd expect.  Our two centre forwards are out, so he's brought back Wilbraham, who hasn't let us down before.  You don't know how fit or unfit players, but you just can't wait to condemn, can you?  I really despair.  Can you do nothing but complain, even before the bl**dy match is underway?  

• Like 7

Went to see the Stadium of Light earlier, blowing a gale but dry and not too cold after early rain. Hard to stand up. Now in a wetherspoons packed with City fans and Geordies having a drink together, no problem at all. Must admit the people up here are so friendly and helpful. 

1 minute ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Jesus, you're a miserable and joyless lot.  He's picked a squad of professional footballers, pretty much in the positions you'd expect.  Our two centre forwards are out, so he's brought back Wilbraham, who hasn't let us down before.  You don't know how fit or unfit players, but you just can't wait to condemn, can you?  I really despair.  Can you do nothing but complain, even before the bl**dy match is underway?  

Are you smoking something. It was LJ who was going to pick a high energy team .... tell me where the high energy is coming from?

• Like 1