IGNORED

How many people would join in a protest or walk out

nellie

After another discussion on another thread how many fans would participate in a mass boycott or a walk out after say 70 mins to show how unhappy we are ? i feel we are getting to the stage when something drastic will have to happen 

2 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

Yep. This is getting rediculous now. Maybe stay in the concourse for the 1st 10 mins then enter with banners to a chant of Johnson out. 

why do you want anything to happen Coventry managed to get something done why cant we 

we cant really do anymore other than vote with our feet ok i might get booted from here for that but im thinking this is the last resort i so want lj to do well even now but everything is getting worse 

SL, you said you read this forum and I suggest you take note.

I'm sure all of us thank you for your investment but really your tenure has been poor considering the investment that you have pumped in.  I can't get excited about L1 or the JPT anymore, some of us on this forum have been supporting longer than you've been alive.

You are losing the fans of BCFC which is tragic as I believe you do have the clubs best interests at heart.

We are feeling very disconnected with the club, and it is at that point you lose us.  

I wasn't expecting anything but lower mid table this season and would have been happy with that, this unwavering support of LJ is baffling though.

Please don't lose us we want you, and BCFC, to succeed.

Haven't got been this season, won't go with that the midget still in by order of the idiot. **** wasting money on watching us get relegated when the writing is pretty much already on the wall. If I'm honest, the last game I went to was Chesterfield at home 2 seasons ago and just from watching games on the TV and highlights, I've yet to see anything I'd consider better apart from that 8-2 drubbing that Walsall took at the end of that season.

43 minutes ago, nellie said:

After another discussion on another thread how many fans would participate in a mass boycott or a walk out after say 70 mins to show how unhappy we are ? i feel we are getting to the stage when something drastic will have to happen 

twenty years ago mate the Williams would have had a two hundred fan protest outside nobody gives a toss anymore an they get away with it they dont care why the **** should we

How about everyone pre-sets their mobile phone alarms to go off simultaneously at agreed times?

.... should be pretty loud collectively.. and visually with everyone standing up and waving them up in the air..

alarms could of course be pre-set to go off more than once, before, during and after a match ... 

A Peaceful(in a noisy kinda way) Non Aggressive Or Abusive Protest that could not go unnoticed ... maybe turn backs to the pitch too?

1 hour ago, RumRed said:

SL, you said you read this forum and I suggest you take note.

I'm sure all of us thank you for your investment but really your tenure has been poor considering the investment that you have pumped in.  I can't get excited about L1 or the JPT anymore, some of us on this forum have been supporting longer than you've been alive.

You are losing the fans of BCFC which is tragic as I believe you do have the clubs best interests at heart.

We are feeling very disconnected with the club, and it is at that point you lose us.  

I wasn't expecting anything but lower mid table this season and would have been happy with that, this unwavering support of LJ is baffling though.

Please don't lose us we want you, and BCFC, to succeed.

Apologies for quoting myself but I left it too late to edit, just wanted to add some context to my post.

Our family have supported since the 19th century, family members at the Cup final, I've seen City play with 4 generations of my family, my father with at least 5. One of our family was offered a contract back in the day, a long time ago!  I am not expecting us to win the Prem in my lifetime, or even make it there.  Just wanted to add some background to my post.

No need to walk out if you don't attend......just stay away until.no waterd down protest,banners,pathetic turning of backs to the pitch,symbolic whatever-just dont go.if enough have courage in their own convictions its the weapon,the only weapon they're scared of..

Something has to be done, and outside the shiny new sports bar is probably the most effective as it will put off the more inhibited fans from going in and blindly handing over their hard earned to the puppet master and his merry band of con men. Stay outside and do not go in

Its tough when we all are CTID BUT THEY ARE TAKING THE FANS SUPPORT FOR GRANTED NOW, hopefully it wont come to Walk Away For A Day Tuesday and SL will realise what he has to do and act TODAY. Do nothing and everything stays the same.

There are some already who wont be going again while LJ is here, if you feel you cant stay away for a day, turn up for a protest, bring a banner, turn your back time to do something. Make your feelings known.

Plenty of ideas floating round, but no one is seemingly grabbing one by the scruff of the neck and making it happen. Norwich home Tuesday, there will be a few boos and a couple lines if We want Johnson out, and then we will travel back to our homes with a point at most and be straight on here to moan and suggest new protest ideas that have not yet happened. The longer we leave any real action, we can begin to redeem partial responsibility for LJ still being here, if we want SL to listen we actually have to be noticed, in numbers, but sadly time is running out.

6 minutes ago, ollywhyte said:

Plenty of ideas floating round, but no one is seemingly grabbing one by the scruff of the neck and making it happen. Norwich home Tuesday, there will be a few boos and a couple lines if We want Johnson out, and then we will travel back to our homes with a point at most and be straight on here to moan and suggest new protest ideas that have not yet happened. The longer we leave any real action, we can begin to redeem partial responsibility for LJ still being here, if we want SL to listen we actually have to be noticed, in numbers, but sadly time is running out.

I see a boycott as the only way. I'm not going. 

5 hours ago, nellie said:

I sit in the Dolman. 70 minutes?

None of us stay that long when we're winning.

Staying away is fine but a few hundred season ticket holders will do nowt - the club will put it down to traffic, late night etc - i.e. turn a blind eye.

The best and easiest protest is to stay in the concourse until 8pm on Tuesday.

1. Easy

2. You can have a pint / fag / chat to mates for longer and game will be on screens

3. People not ITK can be talked too politely and nicely - this is not a scab picket line and is personal choice but thousands will simply not hear about this do word needs to spread in the concourse on the night

4. Fans still get to see the majority of the match til the end

5. Visually it will look good if enough stick to this and don't suddenly run up to the seats if we get a dangerous free kick or something  - albeit nobody will see how it visually looks if they stay in the concourse :blink:

I'd say a protest after the game is likely to present the most powerful image to the media, which is what you really need to make an impact. It needs to be heavily promoted via social media in advance and given time to get traction.

The problem with entering the stadium late or leaving early is that there are a lot of people who just want to watch the game and won't join in (which is their prerogative). Plus you already have around 10,000 empty seats anyway, so visually the impact is unlikely to be that impressive. I know Anfield did it a while ago, but even then plenty didn't join in - and any amount of empty seats there is a rare sight.

Just my thoughts. This situation has become utterly ridiculous so I do support the suggestion.

Archived