IGNORED

How many people would join in a protest or walk out

nellie

17 hours ago, BCFC Grim said:

How about a protest outside the Sports bar at around 1830? I wasn't going to bother Tuesday but I'd be more than happy to go and be part of that. I'll still not go in.

How about no one use the Sports Bar. You can buy cheap drinks in B&M and still drink before the game.

Better still, use the surrounding pubs like we did back in the day.

10 hours ago, Robbored said:

We don't need to do anything in my view.

SL is very aware of how frustrated we all are. He and Maggie are quite aware of otib.

I must admit that I admire his conviction by sticking with LJ. Others would call it stubborness......

ess

Or simple insanity (In football terms)

:yawn:

Btw Robbo - For all your posts 'SL and Maggie know how we all feel'

You seem to forget that in his last interview he claimed the Majority of the fans were behind LJ

Putting Polls , banners , protests , petitions to one side

That is simply nonsense (IMHO)

Hes either blind, deaf or in denial

Its hardly a surprise that some fans want to show him that is not the case , in their belief 

Maybe there are some that still believe this :blink: (That the majority are behind LJ)

8 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Look people can do what they like. I'm not going to argue with them, I understand the motives.

I like attending games and did so even during other dire periods - even the SOD snoozefest that left us at the opposite end of L1 to what all the pundits predicted. I support the team, not the manager.

If i see a crap performance, I'm going to be vocal. If we do, by some miracle, get a win, won't a protest look a bit silly?

Nothing wrong with fans doing just what they want but remember; the team is selected by the manager and both are just passing through what is our club; they are also paid , in part by us the fans who have every right to voice their concerns, protest, whatever if things are not going well. You must agree the fans have been super and great and followed this team/squad in their thousands all over the country.

What looks silly i.m.o. is SL refusing to do anything about our dire position while many would have acted months back. Everything is not fine; protesting, not going, banners is all we can do, win lose or draw tomorrow will not change anything or where we are heading with LJ managing this clubs players.

8 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Btw Robbo - For all your posts 'SL and Maggie know how we all feel'

You seem to forget that in his last interview he claimed the Majority of the fans were behind LJ

Putting Polls , banners , protests , petitions to one side

That is simply nonsense (IMHO)

Hes either blind, deaf or in denial

I agree Bob and I hadn't forgot his point about the fans. Like you I didn't believe it. 

SL lives in Guernsey and because of his wealth moves in circles beyond the average man so doesn't get opportunities to chat with City fans on a casual basis.

Like many of us I mix with City fans regularly and haven't met a City fan yet who is  behind LJ.

10 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

What's the point? 

We might be playing superbly? We might miss a goal? If you missed the first 15-minutes on Saturday, you'd have missed our best spell in the match.

And - as mentioned - it will make very little difference to the club. They have our money. They know fans are discontented. 

Buggered if I'm paying money for a ST to miss even part of a match, if I can help it. And right now the players need what support we can give them, not gestures. They will also not have failed to notice the fans are unhappy.

Wait until the end. If it's a loss or disappointing draw, protests should ring around the ground and no "blackbird song" should drown them. Stay in your seats for 10-15 minutes to really make it known. Don't just rush off so you can get home a tad earlier.

If - by some chance - it's a win, or a good, battling draw with prospects of better ahead, then what is there to protest at?

We may still think Johnson isn't the right person at this club, but if he does deliver wins what else can we ask? I don't think he will or even can, but let's see the match before we have the protest.

Completely respect your view on having paid already. There will be many who have a long journey and maybe £50 of transport costs. Their decision might be easier.

37 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I agree Bob and I hadn't forgot his point about the fans. Like you I didn't believe it. 

SL lives in Guernsey and because of his wealth moves in circles beyond the average man so doesn't get opportunities to chat with City fans on a casual basis.

Like many of us I mix with City fans regularly and haven't met a City fan yet who is  behind LJ.

This is a good point, sometimes overlooked. He's well out of touch since his move to Guernsey, regardless of the wealth if he's not in and around the club on a daily basis, in and around Bristol regularly then how can he truly know- especially if people at the club tell him what he wants to hear.

Archived