IGNORED

How many people would join in a protest or walk out

nellie

3 minutes ago, Bob Thompson said:

He has the support of the Board and the dressing room and there are no rumours of City !looking for a new coaching team. So yes sit on your hands keep supporting and don't create the nervousness in the team that is being transmitted now.we are all gutted even the silent majority.

It does appear he has the support of the board, but the dressing room, are you sure about that?

1 minute ago, Bob Thompson said:

He has the support of the Board and the dressing room and there are no rumours of City !looking for a new coaching team. So yes sit on your hands keep supporting and don't create the nervousness in the team that is being transmitted now.we are all gutted even the silent majority.

But Bob, assuming you were there yesterday, the support you'll have heard from the crowd was as good as it ever gets. There was no barracking of the players during the game until the last few minutes when frustration grew at constant turning back when attacking options were open. The crowd is really not creating "nervousness". The players simply don't know what to do to win a match. Burton were far better organised, and played with more confidence. Fine is you want to keep supporting. I've done my bit this season and down the years but I consider the situation to be critical and the time has come to make feelings known. The latter stages of this season have been little short of a disaster, unprecedentedly poor.

8 minutes ago, Bob Thompson said:

I'm glad there isn't a war on. 

10 hours ago, Alessandro said:

Oh I fully understand mate. The number of tickets sold, not neccesarily the number of bums on seats.

So the club already have 13,600 worth in the bank plus an extra 4K worth. The point is the club still get 18k worth of gate receipts, so this is where some of you are missing the point with this 'actual' attendance chat.

It's all money the same. Will they worry about 100/200 season ticket holders not turning up? Not hugely. Money's already in the bank thanks. 

Yes they will worry. Next seasons, season ticket sales are at stake. If your not coming having paid, you won't if you haven't

pre sales underpin the ponsy scheme football clubs run!

17 hours ago, SomeGuyFromBristol said:

Haven't got been this season, won't go with that the midget still in by order of the idiot. **** wasting money on watching us get relegated when the writing is pretty much already on the wall. If I'm honest, the last game I went to was Chesterfield at home 2 seasons ago and just from watching games on the TV and highlights, I've yet to see anything I'd consider better apart from that 8-2 drubbing that Walsall took at the end of that season.

Then don't comment . Just get down there and support . Most of contributors  are for sure Johnson out . Equally we are all behind the team and some are home and away no misses . These are the contributions worth reading . 

My own reading of the crowd yesterday was mainly one of resignation, and frustration that we did not win yesterday. 

I think it will all turn on how the game goes. The vast majority really want to get behind the team. It would have felt counter productive to be having a go when the game was in the balance. I did not get to it, but from the radio it sounded much more toxic v Fulham, when the game was gone.

I expect the same tuesday. If we are 2-0 down and being outplayed then it will kick off. If not most fans will still want to get behind the team.  I can see no one, or at least very few, joining a pre arranged protest if we are well in the game. I can even see it getting some boos.

That is not the same as saying the underlying sentiment on Saturday was anything other than surprise LJ was still here. Not sure I know what the answer is to be honest. 

What about the money they will pay out to coaching staff, senior players etc when you get rid of them? Season tickets will be the least of our problems especially when we spend it on a well seasoned expensive manager with two new coaches. A winning team attracts crowds in any division. 

I for one won't be involved in a mass walk out, banner waving demo against the manager or board/owner. People are free to do what ever they want. A mass Johnson out chant before the game , half time and at full time , go, don't go. It's all good by me. 

Manager has a massive part of the problems on the pitch, players must take their fair share of blame.

The table don't lie. Play the kids 

7 minutes ago, Bob Thompson said:

What about the money they will pay out to coaching staff, senior players etc when you get rid of them? Season tickets will be the least of our problems especially when we spend it on a well seasoned expensive manager with two new coaches. A winning team attracts crowds in any division. 

We haven't got a winning team

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I am sure I read on here he said that after Leicester maybe and then got sacked. Someone said he said that sure of it.

Our overpaid stars aint interested. Play the kids . Only could get two places worse 

2 minutes ago, shelts said:

Our overpaid stars aint interested. Play the kids . Only could get two places worse 

They ain't interested because it's obvious they don't believe in what the manager is telling them, he constantly sets up the side in a tactically inept way and imo the players have no confidence in him. It seems 99% of the fan base don't either but the man that counts does seem to believe in him. I said for years I think SL hasn't a clue about the game and his inept love child is ruining the club. 

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

They ain't interested because it's obvious they don't believe in what the manager is telling them, he constantly sets up the side in a tactically inept way and imo the players have no confidence in him. It seems 99% of the fan base don't either but the man that counts does seem to believe in him. I said for years I think SL hasn't a clue about the game and his inept love child is ruining the club. 

I get that they don't want to play for the manager. How about play for the fans and the club...unforgivable 

2 minutes ago, shelts said:

I get that they don't want to play for the manager. How about play for the fans and the club...unforgivable 

I genuinely think they look confused at what they're being asked to do and look fearful , especially at home. Confidence is rock bottom as well . Not easy to perform well with all that going on. 

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

I genuinely think they look confused at what they're being asked to do and look fearful , especially at home. Confidence is rock bottom as well . Not easy to perform well with all that going on. 

Agree . Could get in faces and pay with more passion. Away from home will be the key now 

14 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

I see a boycott as the only way. I'm not going. 

ive been looking forward to this match for ages as its the last evening one i can get to this season.

not going now,really cant be arsed to possibly get soaked and or froze stiff to watch that crap dished up by that muppet

2 hours ago, healey robins said:

how many people will be staying in the concourse till 8pm  

What's the point? 

We might be playing superbly? We might miss a goal? If you missed the first 15-minutes on Saturday, you'd have missed our best spell in the match.

And - as mentioned - it will make very little difference to the club. They have our money. They know fans are discontented. 

Buggered if I'm paying money for a ST to miss even part of a match, if I can help it. And right now the players need what support we can give them, not gestures. They will also not have failed to notice the fans are unhappy.

Wait until the end. If it's a loss or disappointing draw, protests should ring around the ground and no "blackbird song" should drown them. Stay in your seats for 10-15 minutes to really make it known. Don't just rush off so you can get home a tad earlier.

If - by some chance - it's a win, or a good, battling draw with prospects of better ahead, then what is there to protest at?

We may still think Johnson isn't the right person at this club, but if he does deliver wins what else can we ask? I don't think he will or even can, but let's see the match before we have the protest.

Sadly I have made the decision not to attend on Tuesday and I won't be going again until Johnson is removed from post.

I'm a ST holder so they have my money but they still record the 'actual' attendance each game. Voting with our feet is all we have that will genuinely force Lansdowns hand IMO.

I would support any kind of protest inside and outside the ground as well.

Such a shame it's come to this but Lansdown's  inaction is harming our club and I can't simply 'do nothing' as he is doing.

Hopefully I'll be back down the Gate with my mates sooner rather than later.

22 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

What's the point? 

We might be playing superbly? We might miss a goal? If you missed the first 15-minutes on Saturday, you'd have missed our best spell in the match.

And - as mentioned - it will make very little difference to the club. They have our money. They know fans are discontented. 

Buggered if I'm paying money for a ST to miss even part of a match, if I can help it. And right now the players need what support we can give them, not gestures. They will also not have failed to notice the fans are unhappy.

Wait until the end. If it's a loss or disappointing draw, protests should ring around the ground and no "blackbird song" should drown them. Stay in your seats for 10-15 minutes to really make it known. Don't just rush off so you can get home a tad earlier.

If - by some chance - it's a win, or a good, battling draw with prospects of better ahead, then what is there to protest at?

We may still think Johnson isn't the right person at this club, but if he does deliver wins what else can we ask? I don't think he will or even can, but let's see the match before we have the protest.

Disagree with this, Sats game was our cup final, our must win;

Now goal line clearances/missed penalty/poor ref etc,etc whatever the latest reason LJ decides to come out with; the fact remains we were unable to beat Burton on our own ground.

No MORE excuses we are on an absolutely horrendous run and for some to now say lets wait until the next match is over, blah de blah, blah. is as horrendous. We have constantly thrown good efforts away, 2/3-0 up and then only drawing, for gawds sake to start with only 1 striker for a must win, what sort of chicken shit selection is that?

The best support we can give the players is to drop their manager because they cannot say a word against him. Even in the bottom 3 he still thinks its in our hands ffs Blackburn are off to a flying start with there new man, if only we had the balls to do likewise. The 2 teams above us have games in hand then comes Burton well didn't they show us how not to lose on Sat.

Thankfully some fans are deciding to vote with their feet, some until he`s gone and they have decided not to be held over a barrel no more, obviously unlike you.

This is a football club, ours, not a one man band. 

1 minute ago, glos old boy said:

Disagree with this, Sats game was our cup final, our must win; now goal line clearances/missed penalty/poor ref etc,etc whatever the latest reason LJ decides to come out with; the fact remains we were unable to beat Burton on our own ground.

No excuses we are on an absolutely horrendous run and for some to now say lets wait until the next match is over, blah de blah, blah. is as horrendous. We have constantly thrown good efforts away, 2/3-0 up and then only drawing, for gawds sake to start with only 1 striker for a must win, what sort of chicken shit selection is that?

The best support we can give the players is to drop their manager because they cannot say a word against him. Even in the bottom 3 he still thinks its in our hands ffs Blackburn are off to a flying start with there new man, if only we had the balls to do likewise. The 2 teams above us have games in hand then comes Burton well didn't they show us how not to lose on Sat.

Thank fully some fans are deciding to vote with their feet, some until he`s gone and they have decided not to be held over a barrel no more, obviously unlike you.

This is a football club, ours not a one man band. 

Look people can do what they like. I'm not going to argue with them, I understand the motives.

I like attending games and did so even during other dire periods - even the SOD snoozefest that left us at the opposite end of L1 to what all the pundits predicted. I support the team, not the manager.

If i see a crap performance, I'm going to be vocal. If we do, by some miracle, get a win, won't a protest look a bit silly?

Archived