IGNORED

How many people would join in a protest or walk out

nellie

6 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

But SL knows how many cards went through the turnstiles. That's the only number he will care about as that means beers, pies and a good indication of season ticket sales for next year. 

They'll have no idea about season ticket sales for next season until they know what league we are in. And to be honest, they still earn money from the caterers in rent because it's out-sourced and the fact is, probably less than half a crowd actually buy food or drink at the ground anyway.

Eitherway, I'm all trying to say is, if you really want to get your point across, 300 season tickets holders not turning up isn't going to be much of a point.

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Lansdown knows we're all unhappy. No doubt he's unhappy as well but is sticking with LJ in whom he has great faith to lead the club forward. Junior is trusted by SL in other words 

I refer back to the interview SL did last week. Beside him getting behind LJ he hinted that other managers say one thing in interviews but then fail to stick with what they'd said. He gave the impression that too many managers can't be trusted and to him that's obviously crucial and why he hasn't replaced LJ.

Understandaby he doesn't like criticism - who does?

Norwich is yet another vital match on Tuesday and if we lose it could be LJ last game and he'll be replaced by someone SL knows and - importantly -  trusts and that's likely to be one of our previous managers. Millen or maybe even Danny Wilson, both are currently unemployed.

Oh! Btw - I'm not remotely nterested in any walkout or protest of any kind.it would completely pointless to try and blackmail SL.

RR Sadly I think you are right. The problem with a one man control situation like we have at AG is that if the man with the money is so stubborn, nothing will change that, just look to history, King Canute for instance

25 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I know a couple of City fans who walked out after the 54th minute against Fulham, if you walk out in the 70th minute how ill they know it's a protest|?

If everyone f ck's off early but everyone in the Dolman stays put til the final whistle... that would confuse the f  ck out of 'em, they'd know something was seriously wrong then... !!!

8 hours ago, nellie said:

After another discussion on another thread how many fans would participate in a mass boycott or a walk out after say 70 mins to show how unhappy we are ? i feel we are getting to the stage when something drastic will have to happen 

What is the point. Yesterday was the chance to do that. Fans walked away like at a funeral! Only a small section of South Stand chanted Johnson out. People have lost the energy to moan. Bristol City as a club are too nice. Soft centre everywhere from fans through to board. Is it any wonder we always struggle and fail to deliver. 

I was watching the board a lot yesterday in the Lansdown Stand and they didn't seem bothered. Didn't see any of them stand up with excitement when we won the penalty. 

Maggie and Jon appeared to be clapping at the final whistle. Looking solemnly at the pitch. Steve and Keith appeared to walk away. 

It seems a nice cushty club to manage and play for. It starts at the top and we need new ideas. 

5 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

What is the point. Yesterday was the chance to do that. Fans walked away like at a funeral! Only a small section of South Stand chanted Johnson out. People have lost the energy to moan. Bristol City as a club are too nice. Soft centre everywhere from fans through to board. Is it any wonder we always struggle and fail to deliver. 

I was watching the board a lot yesterday in the Lansdown Stand and they didn't seem bothered. Didn't see any of them stand up with excitement when we won the penalty. 

Maggie and Jon appeared to be clapping at the final whistle. Looking solemnly at the pitch. Steve and Keith appeared to walk away. 

It seems a nice cushty club to manage and play for. It starts at the top and we need new ideas. 

The problem is we owe SL for the stadium and for continuously digging us out of a hole financially. However he has to take responsibility for his actions with LJ. He's sacked other managers for less. Managers who actually had achieved success. You only have to look on social media and speak to people outside of the club who support other teams in the country how baffled even they are that LJ hasn't been sacked. It is turning us into a comedy!

4 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

The problem is we owe SL for the stadium and for continuously digging us out of a hole financially. However he has to take responsibility for his actions with LJ. He's sacked other managers for less. Managers who actually had achieved success. You only have to look on social media and speak to people outside of the club who support other teams in the country how baffled even they are that LJ hasn't been sacked. It is turning us into a comedy!

He has 'continuously' had to dig us out of a hole of his own making, when we go down he'll have to do it again.  Who's fault will that be?

5 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Holes of his own making. We need to be clear about that. 

27 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Lansdown knows we're all unhappy. No doubt he's unhappy as well but is sticking with LJ in whom he has great faith to lead the club forward. Junior is trusted by SL in other words 

I refer back to the interview SL did last week. Beside him getting behind LJ he hinted that other managers say one thing in interviews but then fail to stick with what they'd said. He gave the impression that too many managers can't be trusted and to him that's obviously crucial and why he hasn't replaced LJ.

Norwich is yet another vital match on Tuesday and if we lose it could be LJ last game and he'll be replaced by someone SL knows and - importantly -  trusts and that's likely to be one of our previous managers. Millen or maybe even Danny Wilson, both are currently unemployed.

Oh! Btw - I'm not remotely nterested in any walkout or protest of any kind.it would completely pointless to try and blackmail SL.

Any other clubs fans would have sent the lynch mob in by now

30 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

This isn't me having a go at those frustrated and looking to boycott in some way.

But 18,000 people still turned up yesterday, we've still had great support at away games. 

Yep there was some booing at the end but that's nothing new. 

#johnsonoutnow has about 10 tweets.

Maybe people just don't really care??

If there was ever an incentive and time for the Johnson Out Army to attack. It's this Tuesday. If there's enough of you, you'll make you're voices heard, so go do it on Tuesday night. You've got a platform here, twitter and Facebook, get organised.

Personally, although I understand your sentiment, I just wondering if your overestimating the average fan, who in my opinion is more passive. 

And to be honest, a season ticket holder boycotting a game. You've already paid, that's just silly. Come and make your voice heard if you feel that strongly, you've paid for the chance.

Agree with all of this, apart from the size of yesterday's crowd. There were a lot of empty seats that are normally always filled near me in the SS, but being st's will still have been counted.  That means boycotting would have very limited value, as the club will argue the attendance is holding up well, as yesterday was nowhere near the official figure as I see it.

Imho, a protest at Tuesday's match like a walkout would get more attention and media coverage, especially as AS will know about the plan, to him reading this forum.  Leaving midway through the second half would have quite an impact and being an evening match, we could even start with a mobile torch protest with everyone who wants him out turning on their torches for a while before they get up and leave their seat.

Someone has also mentioned not buying food or drink in the ground, which would have far more effect on the club than not turning up with a season ticket you've already paid for.

This situation is getting ridiculous now and we really need to show how pissed off we are with how it's being handled.

1 minute ago, BrizzleRed said:

Agree with all of this, apart from the size of yesterday's crowd. There were a lot of empty seats that are normally always filled near me in the SS, but being st's will still have been counted.  That means boycotting would have very limited value, as the club will argue the attendance is holding up well, as yesterday was nowhere near the official figure as I see it.

Imho, a protest at Tuesday's match like a walkout would get more attention and media coverage, especially as AS will know about the plan, to him reading this forum.  Leaving midway through the second half would have quite an impact and being an evening match, we could even start with a mobile torch protest with everyone who wants him out turning on their torches for a while before they get up and leave their seat.

Someone has also mentioned not buying food or drink in the ground, which would have far more effect on the club than not turning up with a season ticket you've already paid for.

This situation is getting ridiculous now and we really need to show how pissed off we are with how it's being handled.

Deep down, we just know a protest won't materialise. A boycott, by definition, means doing nothing. 

Even City fans could manage that. 

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

I don't think anyone is 'trying to blackmail SL' Robbored but trying to find a way to make him notice the strength of feeling among supporters. 

9 minutes ago, 8menhadadream said:

I don't think anyone is 'trying to blackmail SL' Robbored but trying to find a way to make him notice the strength of feeling among supporters. 

He already knows!!!!

No need for a protest or walk out. It wouldn't make the slightest difference.

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

What else would you call it?     :dunno:

Certainly not 'blackmail' my friend, that wouldn't be my intention anyway. More a show of the feeling among like minded supporters. By making our opinion noticed, he may think about things but, as you say, he already knows so it may well be a pointless exercise anyway.

What's the other option, sit there and do and say nothing? I'm not looking for a row about it by the way, emotions are running high enough already. 

27 minutes ago, 8menhadadream said:

Certainly not 'blackmail' my friend, that wouldn't be my intention anyway. More a show of the feeling among like minded supporters. By making our opinion noticed, he may think about things but, as you say, he already knows so it may well be a pointless exercise anyway.

What's the other option, sit there and do and say nothing? I'm not looking for a row about it by the way, emotions are running high enough already. 

We don't need to do anything in my view.

SL is very aware of how frustrated we all are. He and Maggie are quite aware of otib.

I must admit that I admire his conviction by sticking with LJ. Others would call it stubborness......

ess

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

We don't need to do anything in my view.

SL is very aware of how frustrated we all are. He and Maggie are quite aware of otib.

I must admit that I admire his conviction by sticking with LJ. Others would call it stubborness......

ess

I too admire the man. I totally disagree with him on this but I do admire the man. 

12 minutes ago, Bob Thompson said:

Stay away if you can't back the team you are not wanted by the silent majority who do.

I think you're a either a WUM or a gashead but will answer anyway.

Where has any poster mentioned 'the team'? It's Johnson we want out, not the team. That may help the team thereby aiding our chances of survival at this level. 

Also, who are you to give us the opinion of your silent majority and tell anyone they're 'not wanted'? Maybe being less 'silent' might help? Your opinion is your opinion but I respect your right to have it. Maybe you should respect ours to want to do something about it rather than just be 'silent' and watch the club drop so meekly?

Finally, what do you suggest we do about Johnson? Sit on our hands and say nothing?

He has the support of the Board and the dressing room and there are no rumours of City !looking for a new coaching team. So yes sit on your hands keep supporting and don't create the nervousness in the team that is being transmitted now.we are all gutted even the silent majority.

Archived