IGNORED

How many people would join in a protest or walk out

nellie

10 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I'd say a protest after the game is likely to present the most powerful image to the media, which is what you really need to make an impact. It needs to be heavily promoted via social media in advance and given time to get traction.

The problem with entering the stadium late or leaving early is that there are a lot of people who just want to watch the game and won't join in (which is their prerogative). Plus you already have around 10,000 empty seats anyway, so visually the impact is unlikely to be that impressive. I know Anfield did it a while ago, but even then plenty didn't join in - and any amount of empty seats there is a rare sight.

Just my thoughts. This situation has become utterly ridiculous so I do support the suggestion.

Understand this but at 9:45 most people want to get home and if City win you will get more people thinking stuff that - we won and the risk of more aggro between fans in that scenario too.

I accept that with my suggestion it has to be at least 50% of people who attend to really show a marked difference when 15 minutes into game suddenly 7000 odd people come in trying to get into their seats.

It would need commitment and organising as ideally you would have a couple of fans at each entrance telling fans entering about this plan but as said it can only be telling - we still want to come out of this united.

It would make a difference- there has been times about 30 or so visiting boyz walk in late about the same time as some of our lads walk in and everybody is like oi-oi then - i.e. It gets noticed !! :P

1 minute ago, Neo said:

Understand this but at 9:45 most people want to get home and I'd City win you will get more people thinking stuff that - we won and the risk of more aggro between fans in that scenario too.

I accept that with my suggestion it has to be at least 50% of people who attend to really show a marked difference when 15 minutes into game suddenly 7000 odd people come in trying to get into their seats.

It would need commitment and organising as ideally you would have a couple of fans at each entrance telling fans entering about this plan but as said it can only be telling - we still want to come out of this united.

It would make a difference- there has been times about 30 or so visiting boyz walk in late about the same time as some of our lads walk in and everybody is like oi-oi then - i.e. It gets noticed !! :P

No organisation issues if you all stay at home. 

42 minutes ago, ollywhyte said:

Plenty of ideas floating round, but no one is seemingly grabbing one by the scruff of the neck and making it happen. Norwich home Tuesday, there will be a few boos and a couple lines if We want Johnson out, and then we will travel back to our homes with a point at most and be straight on here to moan and suggest new protest ideas that have not yet happened. The longer we leave any real action, we can begin to redeem partial responsibility for LJ still being here, if we want SL to listen we actually have to be noticed, in numbers, but sadly time is running out.

Olly, couldnt agree more, we cant be like the Tooting Popular Front  or the Peoples Palestine Liberation Front and sit and have a debate. The problem is for most of us is that is in our DNA to turn up, if we decided. 'no I wont go ' and then see that 18,000 did turn up we would be mighty pissed off. The real answer is to turn up but not go in for 10-15 minutes after kick off. Imagine how it would look at 7.45pm Tuesday. A virtual empty stadium , that 10-15 minutes after kick off starts to fill. POINT WOULD BE MADE

6 minutes ago, Neo said:

Understand this but at 9:45 most people want to get home and if City win you will get more people thinking stuff that - we won and the risk of more aggro between fans in that scenario too.

Neo, exactly what I said on another post. 10 minutes of empty stadium would have an eerie effect

1 minute ago, oldstandrobin said:

Olly, couldnt agree more, we cant be like the Tooting Popular Front  or the Peoples Palestine Liberation Front and sit and have a debate. The problem is for most of us is that is in our DNA to turn up, if we decided. 'no I wont go ' and then see that 18,000 did turn up we would be mighty pissed off. The real answer is to turn up but not go in for 10-15 minutes after kick off. Imagine how it would look at 7.45pm Tuesday. A virtual empty stadium , that 10-15 minutes after kick off starts to fill. POINT WOULD BE MADE

And SL would then sack LJ because?

He only understands money. Don't go, don't buy his beer and pies. 

7 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

No organisation issues if you all stay at home. 

Thought I covered that in my first line of original post but yeah - fine.

Your attendance is marked as present either way so one less car on the road suits me.

I will be enjoying an extra pint and fag at kick off time -yay x

Neo's suggestion would be easiest to organise and good place to start protest. Even if it doesn't get 10,000 involved it will be noticed and talked about. Next home game, if LJ not already sacked, is live on Sky? Ramp up the organisation and do the same again. Hopefully a nearly empty stadium at kickoff will focus the Board's mind? Mid to late March is getting to the point where we'll need a miracle to save us, however national tv seems like to good a chance to miss.

25 minutes ago, Neo said:

Very fair points Neo. Whatever is decided on it has my full support - although I won't be there myself anyway.

Unfortunately you have the sad pathetic happy clapping brigade who will endure this shite until the painful end shouting "COYR" all the way. 

SL mentioned himself that the forum views don't reflect the majority of supporters, so the only way to prove that it does is for nobody to turn up on Tuesday. If you thought it was bad enough yesterday it's going to be even worse on Tuesday against Norwich. Why on earth would you feel pissed off if you didn't turn up an 18,000 did? It's like watching a victim being slowly tortured to death anyway! It's not going to change miraculously now!!!

No good trying to protest at the ground. You'll just end up with the happy clappers shouting you down and fans fighting amongst themselves again. 

Just don't go and tell all your friends not to bother going either. Just for one game which we are almost guaranteed to lose now anyway. Just one game with just a small pocket of "COYR's" left.

Enough is enough. The fans have already been blamed and told how and when they should voice their opinions, plus their views have been completely ignored and yet some still want to turn up? Come on FFS show some backbone!

One out all out. Prove how much fans really mean to a football club. This has to end now and the show of unity has to be overwhelming. 

If hardly anyone goes the media will be all over it and action will have to be taken otherwise reputations of those at the top will be at risk of being totally destroyed.

6 hours ago, SomeGuyFromBristol said:

Haven't got been this season, won't go with that the midget still in by order of the idiot. **** wasting money on watching us get relegated when the writing is pretty much already on the wall. If I'm honest, the last game I went to was Chesterfield at home 2 seasons ago and just from watching games on the TV and highlights, I've yet to see anything I'd consider better apart from that 8-2 drubbing that Walsall took at the end of that season.

Beating Villa was better than Walsall 8-2 mate. As was beating Leeds. Even drawing with Newcastle from 2 nil up was better than beating Walsall 8-2. We could beat Walsall 8-2 on the opening day of next season, and I would struggle to be bothered

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

I sit in the Dolman. 70 minutes?

None of us stay that long when we're winning.

Everyone stayed until 84 mins yesterday. I think they were waiting for the abuse to start so they could join in (but couldn't be arsed to stay another 10 mins to the final whistle and go "booo!")

19 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Unfortunately you have the sad pathetic happy clapping brigade who will endure this shite until the painful end shouting "COYR" all the way. 

SL mentioned himself that the forum views don't reflect the majority of supporters, so the only way to prove that it does is for nobody to turn up on Tuesday. If you thought it was bad enough yesterday it's going to be even worse on Tuesday against Norwich. Why on earth would you feel pissed off if you didn't turn up an 18,000 did? It's like watching a victim being slowly tortured to death anyway! It's not going to change miraculously now!!!

No good trying to protest at the ground. You'll just end up with the happy clappers shouting you down and fans fighting amongst themselves again. 

Just don't go and tell all your friends not to bother going either. Just for one game which we are almost guaranteed to lose now anyway. Just one game with just a small pocket of "COYR's" left.

Enough is enough. The fans have already been blamed and told how and when they should voice their opinions, plus their views have been completely ignored and yet some still want to turn up? Come on FFS show some backbone!

One out all out. Prove how much fans really mean to a football club. This has to end now and the show of unity has to be overwhelming. 

If hardly anyone goes the media will be all over it and action will have to be taken otherwise reputations of those at the top will be at risk of being totally destroyed.

How I hate that "happy clappers" phrase. We are ALL enduring this and still singing COYR during the games. Does that make everyone a happy clapper? Is everyone "sad and pathetic"? Does it mean they're happy with the manager if they still go the games they've paid to go to and try to support the team on the pitch?

Support for the team and support for the manager are two different things. Everyone supports the team, almost no one supports the manager. Try making the distinction.

6 hours ago, RobintheRed Red said:

twenty years ago mate the Williams would have had a two hundred fan protest outside nobody gives a toss anymore an they get away with it they dont care why the **** should we

Twenty years ago the Williams would have had a fan protest inside the stand! In those days the directors sat in the directors box, surrounded by the fans, who were prepared to make their feelings known. Now the directors are more remote and the people surrounding them are on hospitality packages who, in the main, seem to be more restrained. 

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

How I hate that "happy clappers" phrase. We are ALL enduring this and still singing COYR during the games. Does that make everyone a happy clapper? Is everyone "sad and pathetic"? Does it mean they're happy with the manager if they still go the games they've paid to go to and try to support the team on the pitch?

Support for the team and support for the manager are two different things. Everyone supports the team, almost no one supports the manager. Try making the distinction.

I support the manager, because I always want us to do well, so I will support any manager.  That is not to say that I won't acknowledge when a manager is struggling, or agree with a decision to sack a manager.  But I would never boo a manager, and certainly wouldn't demonstrate or boycott.  I realise I am in a minority on thus forum though

5 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

There is no distinction until the manager has gone.

1 minute ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I support the manager, because I always want us to do well, so I will support any manager.  That is not to say that I won't acknowledge when a manager is struggling, or agree with a decision to sack a manager.  But I would never boo a manager, and certainly wouldn't demonstrate or boycott.  I realise I am in a minority on thus forum though

Fair enough. 

I'm curious to know what action you feel you can take then? Or do you genuinely feel it's better just to support and hope for the best. 

2 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Fair enough, that's your prerogative. I just strongly object to fans who are doing their best to support the team being labelled "sad and pathetic". It doesn't mean they are in any way satisfied with the situation.

3 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

There is no distinction until the manager has gone.

There is always a distinction. I remain a supporter of Bristol City FC and that is the very reason I no longer support the manager, because in my opinion it is not in the best interests of the club for him to be here.

This isn't me having a go at those frustrated and looking to boycott in some way.

But 18,000 people still turned up yesterday, we've still had great support at away games. 

Yep there was some booing at the end but that's nothing new. 

#johnsonoutnow has about 10 tweets.

Maybe people just don't really care??

If there was ever an incentive and time for the Johnson Out Army to attack. It's this Tuesday. If there's enough of you, you'll make you're voices heard, so go do it on Tuesday night. You've got a platform here, twitter and Facebook, get organised.

Personally, although I understand your sentiment, I just wondering if your overestimating the average fan, who in my opinion is more passive. 

And to be honest, a season ticket holder boycotting a game. You've already paid, that's just silly. Come and make your voice heard if you feel that strongly, you've paid for the chance.

3 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

This isn't me having a go at those frustrated and looking to boycott in some way.

But 18,000 people still turned up yesterday, we've still had great support at away games. 

Yep there was some booing at the end but that's nothing new. 

#johnsonoutnow has about 10 tweets.

Maybe people just don't really care??

If there was ever an incentive and time for the Johnson Out Army to attack. It's this Tuesday. If there's enough of you, you'll make you're voices heard, so go do it on Tuesday night. You've got a platform here, twitter and Facebook, get organised.

Personally, although I understand your sentiment, I just wondering if your overestimating the average fan, who in my opinion is more passive. 

And to be honest, a season ticket holder boycotting a game. You've already paid, that's just silly. Come and make your voice heard if you feel that strongly, you've paid for the chance.

18,000 didn't turn up. You fail to understand how attendance figures are calculated. 

If nobody turned up yesterday the club would have announced 14,000+

9 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

18,000 didn't turn up. You fail to understand how attendance figures are calculated. 

If nobody turned up yesterday the club would have announced 14,000+

Oh I fully understand mate. The number of tickets sold, not neccesarily the number of bums on seats.

So the club already have 13,600 worth in the bank plus an extra 4K worth. The point is the club still get 18k worth of gate receipts, so this is where some of you are missing the point with this 'actual' attendance chat.

It's all money the same. Will they worry about 100/200 season ticket holders not turning up? Not hugely. Money's already in the bank thanks. 

Lansdown knows we're all unhappy. No doubt he's unhappy as well but is sticking with LJ in whom he has great faith to lead the club forward. Junior is trusted by SL in other words 

I refer back to the interview SL did last week. Beside him getting behind LJ he hinted that other managers say one thing in interviews but then fail to stick with what they'd said. He gave the impression that too many managers can't be trusted and to him that's obviously crucial and why he hasn't replaced LJ.

Understandaby he doesn't like criticism - who does?

Norwich is yet another vital match on Tuesday and if we lose it could be LJ last game and he'll be replaced by someone SL knows and - importantly -  trusts and that's likely to be one of our previous managers. Millen or maybe even Danny Wilson, both are currently unemployed.

Oh! Btw - I'm not remotely nterested in any walkout or protest of any kind.it would completely pointless to try and blackmail SL.

13 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Oh I fully understand mate. The number of tickets sold, not neccesarily the number of bums on seats.

So the club already have 13,600 worth in the bank plus an extra 4K worth. The point is the club still get 18k worth of gate receipts, so this is where some of you are missing the point with this 'actual' attendance chat.

It's all money the same. Will they worry about 100/200 season ticket holders not turning up? Not hugely. Money's already in the bank thanks. 

But SL knows how many cards went through the turnstiles. That's the only number he will care about as that means beers, pies and a good indication of season ticket sales for next year. 

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Lansdown knows we're all unhappy. No doubt he's unhappy as well but is sticking with LJ in whom he has great faith to lead the club forward. Junior is trusted by SL in other words 

I refer back to the interview SL did last week. Beside him getting behind LJ he hinted that other managers say one thing in interviews but then fail to stick with what they'd said. He gave the impression that too many managers can't be trusted and to him that's obviously crucial and why he hasn't replaced LJ.

Understandaby he doesn't like criticism - who does?

Norwich is yet another vital match on Tuesday and if we lose it could be LJ last game and he'll be replaced by someone SL knows and - importantly -  trusts and that's likely to be one of our previous managers. Millen or maybe even Danny Wilson, both are currently unemployed.

Any roll of the dice is welcome for the last few games. 

LJs football is dross. He is in no way a long term prospect for this club. SL has to see that. 

Archived