IGNORED

International Cricket

Monkeh

17 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

And yet I have already seen quotes that people are blaming Bazball, would we have got so close without it? The only mistake I think they made this game was enforcing the follow on.

I don’t think they will see that as a mistake though. Which is fair enough.  They’ve got a policy and are sticking to it.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TomF said:

Maybe the Brook run out.   You’d have banked on him making some runs.

But that’s cricket and to be fair I think NZ deserve a little bit of fortune against us.  

Test cricket, the best.    

Absolutely it is the original and ultimate form of cricket. 

The relationship between McCullum and Stokes is truly remarkable. They’re like brothers in the way they see test cricket and the approach has really paid off. 

Of course such a ‘gung ho’ approach was likely to come unstuck in a test but losing by by a single run is hugely remarkable on its own (only the second time in test history) and does not reflect badly on England’s new way or ‘Bazball’ as the cricket writers call it.

I’m sure all cricket fans are looking forward to the Ashes this summer to see how the Aussies cope with such aggressive test cricket.

I entered the Ashes ballot at Edgbaston but unfortunately didn’t get any tickets………….….:no:

Edited by Robbored
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Absolutely it is the original and ultimate form of cricket. 

The relationship between McCullum and Stokes is truly remarkable. They’re like brothers in the way they see test cricket and the approach has really paid off. 

Of course such a ‘gung ho’ approach was likely to come unstuck in a test but losing by by a single run is hugely remarkable on its own (only the second time in test history) and does not reflect badly on England’s new way or ‘Bazball’ as the cricket writers call it.

I’m sure all cricket fans are looking forward to the Ashes this summer to see how the Aussies cope with such aggressive test cricket.

I entered the Ashes ballot at Edgbaston but unfortunately didn’t get any tickets………….….:no:

It’s worth keeping an eye on the Edgbaston website.

I entered the ballot for the Oval, wasn’t successful but happened to take a look a few weeks later and there were a hundred or so tickets available. Cost a small fortune but this is one team I’ve just got to see and as it’s the Ashes….

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Well that went better than I thought it might after being put in. Great knocks by Moheen & Curran, Roy back to being Roy.

Did they say that average score at this ground is 220?

6 hours ago, Super said:

Did they say that average score at this ground is 220?

Don't know I missed that, then had to go out and missed most of Bangladesh's Innings. 

6 hours ago, Super said:

Great bowling from Curran. Game over.

Caught up when I got back, best I've sen him bowl possibly. Can be a real threat when he gets it moving like that. 

• Like 1

At this point England need to sort their schedule so they're not being forced to pick different squads for different tours so that they can't put out a best XI at any given moment. The white ball tour starting what less than 48 hours after the test series finished, whether England choose to pick different squads still there needs to be the opportunity to pick their strongest squad.

7 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

That’s a mistake in my mind but guess we will see.  Foakes a better keeper than Bairstow and a better batsman than Crawley.  Bairstow or Brook could open. 

I would always prefer a genuine Keeper that could bat, Bairstow could be squeezed in somewhere if need be.