IGNORED

International Cricket

Monkeh

31 minutes ago, Super said:

That 18 run final over from Brunt was the decider.

i can see a few international retirements in the next few weeks - Heather Knight for sure I reckon. They`ve all been great but the team`s grown older together and it`s starting to show.

Time for the likes of Jones, Ecclestone, Dunkley & Bell to step up and become the senior players.

With Brook just gone but in a great position to Bat NZ out of the game, Stokes thrashing at everything.
He is a great bat and would still score at a good rate, surely there is a case  for reigning it in a little and not smash everything for 6.
Can't argue with recent results but just occasionally some steady 3 an over scoring maybe.

It's OK BT having the rights , but surely they should have an early highlights show.  IMO Sky coverage is streets ahead, yes they repeat things but for overnight games I love the review & highlights shows.

Anyway, enough moaning. 

Another great day by the look of it. I'd love to see Jimmy get another 5 for.

6 minutes ago, TomF said:

Very real chance Anderson goes past 700 this year and Broad 600.  Amazing 

To have the physicality and mental strength to keep running in and producing what they do is incredible.

I can’t imagine a bowling attacking without them. They’ve been the opening pair of what feels like my whole life!

1 hour ago, Lew-T said:

To have the physicality and mental strength to keep running in and producing what they do is incredible.

I can’t imagine a bowling attacking without them. They’ve been the opening pair of what feels like my whole life!

46 minutes ago, TomF said:

Don’t want to even think about it.  Not sure if they’d walk off at end of a winning ashes series perhaps but.. 

It must be a real concern . Even good bowlers like Wood , Archer and Wokes you tend to think of as 3rd bowler or coming in when Broad or Anderson are rested. 

It will be a sad day.

2 hours ago, TomF said:

Stokes clearly likes him and made him key part of side playing in every game - he’ll get better and better for it.   

Couldn’t be happier for bloke who’s been treated like shite previously.   Yes he’s not going to turn it like warne but give him time and he’ll make best of his skills just like Swan did 

He just needs to cut out that one bad ball an over that he always bowls.

Easy to say wrong call in hindsight but the pitch is getting better to bat on as the test goes on so who knows what would have happened if we’d batted again. More likely a draw if we had. Enforcing follow on increases the chance of a win and a loss.  As we know, England are looking to win test matches and not draw them even if 1-0 up in a two test series 

45 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Easy to say wrong call in hindsight but the pitch is getting better to bat on as the test goes on so who knows what would have happened if we’d batted again. More likely a draw if we had. Enforcing follow on increases the chance of a win and a loss.  As we know, England are looking to win test matches and not draw them even if 1-0 up in a two test series 

We would prob have a lead of near 500 and them with zero chance. We should still win but this is the only way they can win.

18 minutes ago, Super said:

We would prob have a lead of near 500 and them with zero chance. We should still win but this is the only way they can win.

Absolutely but England have said they will always take the aggressive option, which this was. It increased the chance of winning and losing.  I don’t think they would have thought very long about it.  It’s only the wrong decision if you are putting winning the series above anything else and England aren’t doing that anymore 

Edited by And Its Smith
  • Like 1