IGNORED

Tomlin to Cardiff - CONFIRMED

Ian M

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Amazed at the size of that fee. We've done very well there

This is what i've heard mate, it may be closer to early 2s and then add ons. Say what you like about Tomlin and the type of player he is, but those types of players keep their value i.e. Balotelli (not to the same scale but you see where I'm coming from)

Although I posted earlier that I had heard he was off to Cardiff for a rumoured £2 million, there remains a puzzle. I have been given to understand that LTs problems last season stemmed from him still living in Leicester as, supposedly, his new wife wouldn't move. Cardiff hardly solves that problem, albeit if he left the problem would no longer be ours. 

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

This is what i've heard mate, it may be closer to early 2s and then add ons. Say what you like about Tomlin and the type of player he is, but those types of players keep their value i.e. Balotelli (not to the same scale but you see where I'm coming from)

Potential is priceless to many a Manager.

Just now, petehinton said:

Think guaranteed payment is closer to half of that. Appearances/promotion etc form the rest of it. Was only way could agree for Cardiff to take on his full wage.

3 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

£2.8m is excellent stuff. I see us playing a hardworking 4411/442 next year and I don't think Tomlin fits. 

For me the front 6 should be:

Brownhill Pack Smith Paterson

Reid/Taylor Diedhiou

I'd rather see Paterson where Reid/Taylor are and O'Dowda on the left, but I agree. Just don't see Tomlin fitting into how we're likely to play. However, I think he'll be replaced- either with a central midfield player or someone to play in that '10' in the hole position

4 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Although I posted earlier that I had heard he was off to Cardiff for a rumoured £2 million, there remains a puzzle. I have been given to understand that LTs problems last season stemmed from him still living in Leicester as, supposedly, his new wife wouldn't move. Cardiff hardly solves that problem, albeit if he left the problem would no longer be ours. 

Yep, agreed.

I think he generally just didn't settle here though, I don't think he liked or respected the head coach. I think Warnock will be good for him. Maybe Warnock will allow him to spend more time in Leicester as he himself infamously turned down a job at a Championship club because the owner wanted him to live near the training ground but Warnock wanted to live in Cornwall Mon-Thurs and just come up for the weekends.

Maybe 'the marital problem' has gone away? Who knows, but his time effectively came to an end at BCFC some time ago.

3 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

£2.8m is excellent stuff. I see us playing a hardworking 4411/442 next year and I don't think Tomlin fits. 

Reid/Taylor Diedhiou

Don't disagree but everyone seems to be ignoring Djuric. Why? Seems like a good target man who is good in the air and on the floor. 

4 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Don't disagree but everyone seems to be ignoring Djuric. Why? Seems like a good target man who is good in the air and on the floor. 

He did seem to be good. But he's allegedly got an underlying injury issue. I think Diedhiou can do all those things and we wouldn't be effective with 2 big target man up top. 

10 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Reid/Taylor Diedhiou

I know you won't be surprised me saying this but that really is a weak front 6 and won't be improving much if any on last season. Hopefully this is the sign of one or two coming in. 

Just now, BCFC Grim said:

I know you won't be surprised me saying this but that really is a weak front 6 and won't be improving much if any on last season. Hopefully this is the sign of one or two coming in. 

But it's the style and team we were using when we started winning games?

2 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

£2.8m? We have absolutely done Cardiff there

Good lord, call it £5m and we'll chuck in Engvall too

That Malaysian bloke must be absolutely off his tits on something today

In today's market I'd say a bargain for the Welsh club .

He just doesn't fit our style of play , sadly.

Good and brave decision  by the club if true .

I think signing a player like Tomlin for a team like ours is always a gamble, in that we're not one of the top teams who can afford to carry a player, we need the XI pulling together for the cause as at the moment, we're at best a mid table championship club.  

Some gambles pay off, some don't.  This one in theory is the latter, but if we get £2.8m back as a result of the gamble, then it's not worked out too badly.

Was it Paul Jewell who said about JET - One day a world beater, next day a panel beater.  Well, LT was like that and he was at least consistent in his inconsistency! 

Surely he was a dead man walking since the bust up with LJ though, so the news is no real surprise.  Good suggestion from @Woodsy to through in Engvall and call it £5m - You should be our Director of Football!

3 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

In today's market I'd say a bargain for the Welsh club .

He just doesn't fit our style of play , sadly.

Good and brave decision  by the club if true .

Mark my words, Major. They will be regretting it come February

1 minute ago, SuperDziek said:

I think signing a player like Tomlin for a team like ours is always a gamble, in that we're not one of the top teams who can afford to carry a player, we need the XI pulling together for the cause as at the moment, we're at best a mid table championship club.  

Some gambles pay off, some don't.  This one in theory is the latter, but if we get £2.8m back as a result of the gamble, then it's not worked out too badly.

Was it Paul Jewell who said about JET - One day a world beater, next day a panel beater.  Well, LT was like that and he was at least consistent in his inconsistency! 

Surely he was a dead man walking since the bust up with LJ though, so the news is no real surprise.  Good suggestion from @Woodsy to through in Engvall and call it £5m - You should be our Director of Football!

That is very kind, and I accept your offer

I have a Jordanian friend with a lot of money, I'm going to bring him on board as well. Blows SL's wealth out of the water......

Just now, Woodsy said:

Mark my words, Major. They will be regretting it come February

That is very kind, and I accept your offer

I have a Jordanian friend with a lot of money, I'm going to bring him on board as well. Blows SL's wealth out of the water......

Is his name Joe Jordanian?

Archived