IGNORED

The official Bristol City FC v Queens Park Rangers FC match day thread

Septic Peg

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

Nah. What you do is admit the truth - that the ball is on average only in play for 60-65 mins. So you reduce the official time of a match to 60 minutes, then introduce stop the clock.  Extend HT to 20 mins for extra beers and everyone is happy.

I thought this (60 mins stop the clock) had been on the list of things FIFA (or some other authority) had on their list of things to consider a year or so ago?

2 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

Good on Jon Stead for scoring AGAIN in the FA Cup to get Notts a replay against Swansea. Always one of my favourite City players.

Yes, watched him interviewed on Football Focus earlier,  still a good player and such a nice man.  Well done Jon!

Somehow I wasn't too concerned going down to 10 today.

-Being at home, with the great support

-against a 'lesser' team (some teams we'd struggle going down to 10, somehow Hollowheads QPR don't seem a threat)

-Team now focussed on the league, without thinking about another big cup game

What a performance from the boys, especially after the hard game on Tuesday, it was very hard for RB and Frankie to pick the MOM, in the end he picked Fammy.  I think the whole team should have been.  This team never gives up and don't know when they are beaten, even after having to play 12 men,  Stroud was absolute rubbish, I have never rated him, but he just gets worse,  Looking forward to Bolton on Friday,  again on TV,  we are the medias favourite.

22 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

As expected, an easy victory. We are so much better than most teams in this league it is unbelievable.

If we are so much better than most teams in this league, why have we won less than half the games we’ve played?

This is a tough division and there is very little between the top and the bottom. Let’s not turn arrogant off the back of a decent half-season and a good cup run.

Archived