IGNORED

Lowering our sights

Ivorguy

1 hour ago, RobintheRed Red said:

we should haved moved quicker for him all this wasted wages sat on the bench or out on loan Engvald Ellison woodrow none of these players come cheap

Certainly Elilason  and Gustav should have been loaned out if at all possible, it is hard to see them making any positive contribution between now and the beginning of May.

As for Woodrow, clearly we couldn't loan him out but whatever he has cost has been a waste of resources.

2 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

Certainly Elilason  and Gustav should have been loaned out if at all possible, it is hard to see them making any positive contribution between now and the beginning of May.

As for Woodrow, clearly we couldn't loan him out but whatever he has cost has been a waste of resources.

yes we dont spend vast amounts clearly thats why we didnt get a top striker in but the amount of millions weve git on the bench or on loan could have paid the wages for a class striker an fullback even if on loan

13 minutes ago, Bobby Bollax said:

Wolves got Afobe 

cardiff - Madine 

fulham - Mitrovic 

villa - Grabben

Derby - Jerome 

@RobintheRed Red - 4 out of those 5 clubs we have absolutely no hope in competing with for top players. Maybe after another 5 years of solid progress but now - not a chance. 

The other club is Cardiff and they’re welcome to Madine. 

According to Dean Hoyle, Huddersfield owner, they cut their wage bill last season.

According to Wagner, head coach, they were 19th/24 for wages last season, with a top earner on 10k a week.

They brought in 11 senior players - including 5 Germans - before last season, spending £3.8m. According to the guardian.

According to my research, they got out of the League Cup at the first attempt, losing to Shrewsbury, and got off to a flier in the League.

In the FA Cup, they played 4 times, with a replay v Man City (hammered 5:1). In the ten games following their cup exit to Man City, they lost 5 times - including 4 goal hammerings by us, and one by Fulham - and drew once.

3 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

According to Dean Hoyle, Huddersfield owner, they cut their wage bill last season.

According to Wagner, head coach, they were 19th/24 for wages last season, with a top earner on 10k a week.

They brought in 11 senior players - including 5 Germans - before last season, spending £3.8m. According to the guardian.

According to my research, they got out of the League Cup at the first attempt, losing to Shrewsbury, and got off to a flier in the League.

In the FA Cup, they played 4 times, with a replay v Man City (hammered 5:1). In the ten games following their cup exit to Man City, they lost 5 times - including 4 goal hammerings by us, and one by Fulham - and drew once.

You can't go around spoiling a good gripe with mere facts my good fellow!!!

32 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

The answer to your part of your question there is a yes. Huddersfield used young loanees. The important thing was that the players brought in fitted Huddersfiled's tactics a 4-2-3-1 (a formation you dislike!) with high lines and high energy pressing meaning fit youngsters were needed as a fundamental element. 

Huddersfield tactics appear pretty sound to me, love high lines and high energy pressing. 

So the crux is the lad they loaned from Chelsea in January fitted the system, contributed goals (4) and generally made a positive impact.

We seemed to have failed to find any loanees or cheap transfers who can make such impact. 

Can only hope that Duric, who I rate highly - if only he could stay fit - can make a rapid recovery, with GON and Eros returning we may just squeak it ..... but a wasted window to me, momentum lost and worst still, repeat mistakes. MA, despite all his indirect self-praise, has royally ******* it up to me.

Good chance though I’ll be proved wrong with Diony slamming a hat trick on Saturday, Kent murdering his full back and constantly getting to the goal line to supply some wonderous crosses and Walsh pulling all the strings in midfield. We can but genuinely hope that what we’ve seen so far is just the result of the players misunderstanding what is required.

19 minutes ago, Andy Horsman said:

You can't go around spoiling a good gripe with mere facts my good fellow!!!

You jest, but you are bang on. 

Facts and data are not enough to shift City fans - or anyone! - with a firmly held opinion or outlook from their long held beliefs. As a boffin put it recently:

"The problem with an approach that prioritizes information is that it ignores the core of what makes us human; our motives, our fears, our hopes, our desires, our prior beliefs."

It's a mistake so many make on here - including me! - presenting facts and expecting others to change their minds. Poor old @spudski almost drove himself mad on here last season doing this, and needed a break.

I think we would do better to get @Ivorguy to spit out his motives, his fears, his hopes and desires for this club, before hammering away at him with "facts" and reason/logic.

But this place is full of blokes, and blokes don't do that sort of thing; blokes do facts and information. And calling each other "cock" and such like.

3 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

You jest, but you are bang on. 

Facts and data are not enough to shift City fans - or anyone! - with a firmly held opinion or outlook from their long held beliefs. As a boffin put it recently:

"The problem with an approach that prioritizes information is that it ignores the core of what makes us human; our motives, our fears, our hopes, our desires, our prior beliefs."

It's a mistake so many make on here - including me! - presenting facts and expecting others to change their minds. Poor old @spudski almost drove himself mad on here last season doing this, and needed a break.

I think we would do better to get @Ivorguy to spit out his motives, his fears, his hopes and desires for this club, before hammering away at him with "facts" and reason/logic.

But this place is full of blokes, and blokes don't do that sort of thing; blokes do facts and information. And calling each other "cock" and such like.

When civilized mature debate is reduced to being considered inferior to good old intimidation and name calling we've lost the plot! Keep fighting the good fight.

34 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

Huddersfield tactics appear pretty sound to me, love high lines and high energy pressing. 

So the crux is the lad they loaned from Chelsea in January fitted the system, contributed goals (4) and generally made a positive impact.

We seemed to have failed to find any loanees or cheap transfers who can make such impact. 

Can only hope that Duric, who I rate highly - if only he could stay fit - can make a rapid recovery, with GON and Eros returning we may just squeak it ..... but a wasted window to me, momentum lost and worst still, repeat mistakes. MA, despite all his indirect self-praise, has royally ******* it up to me.

Good chance though I’ll be proved wrong with Diony slamming a hat trick on Saturday, Kent murdering his full back and constantly getting to the goal line to supply some wonderous crosses and Walsh pulling all the strings in midfield. We can but genuinely hope that what we’ve seen so far is just the result of the players misunderstanding what is required.

Huddersfield were not aiming for the stars to use your phrase. Unproven youngsters were part of their philosophy, and they were an oddity in regards to how little they spent.

That is part of the why of their promotion. 

21 hours ago, RobintheRed Red said:

exactly the reasons we except second best get some bloke that cant score goals would rather watch freddy Hinds or Mc Coulsky given a go than waste money on the likes of Diony and woodrow 

This is what makes me laugh. LJ doesn't give any of the youngsters a chance. Don't tell me that Mclowskey or Hinds were any worse than those two mentioned above. Woodrow has been the worst signing since Guy Madjo 

16 hours ago, tinman85 said:

This is what makes me laugh. LJ doesn't give any of the youngsters a chance. Don't tell me that Mclowskey or Hinds were any worse than those two mentioned above. Woodrow has been the worst signing since Guy Madjo 

Totally agree. Think how engvall must feel. All well us city fans having a go but the poor bloke is a unused sub every week. When he does come on he gets 5 mins. Everyone expects the miracle to happen but without giving these young hungry strikers a chance nothing will change

Archived