IGNORED

Goodbye Bobby Reid - signed for Cardiff now official

JasonM88

• Admin
18 hours ago, yardy said:

At first it filled me with rage to think that Bobby could join Cardiff, but it seems a good move for us because he is out of contract next season and a good move for Bob to play in the Premiership and not have to move home.

Unfortunately its the price we pay for a bad January transfer window, we had a chance to push for promotion but didn't buy enough quality.

I am sure Bob would of preferred to play for his home town club in the Premiership...

Ditto @yardy

Must be the heat sending me nuts !

23 minutes ago, Lympsham Red said:

Mainstream media outlets now reporting this as being a pretty certain deal, to happen today.

"Could rise to £10m" What does that mean ? £10m if they stay up, win the Premier league, finish top 4 otherwise its  £5m ?? City seem inconsistent about disclosing fees.

So it seems that although some thought we would have to sell cheap because he was in his last year and held ‘all the cards’ we in fact held our nerve sent WBA away with their lower offer and got great value.

This was no fire sale, this was a club confident in their dealings who had a big say in the end result. Despite it being Cardiff I have to say we played a blinder. There has been much criticism lately of our transfer dealings with some justification but credit where credit is due.

1 minute ago, Loon plage said:

"Could rise to £10m" What does that mean ? £10m if they stay up, win the Premier league, finish top 4 otherwise its  £5m ?? City seem inconsistent about disclosing fees.

I've read somewhere else it's £9m upfront with a mil add on, which I suspect could be if Cardiff stay up. Smithies is £3m upfront and 500k if they stay up. 

From the Post...

Bobby has passed his medical at Cardiff City and all the terms have been ironed out.

As discussed yesterday, £9m upfront which could rise to £10m due to add-ons.

Understand Bobby will nearly quadruple his Bristol City wages and will take home a large signing on fee as well.

Cardiff will announce the signing imminently.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/bristol-city-transfer-live-webster-1723300

4 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

So it seems that although some thought we would have to sell cheap because he was in his last year and held ‘all the cards’ we in fact held our nerve sent WBA away with their lower offer and got great value.

This was no fire sale, this was a club confident in their dealings who had a big say in the end result. Despite it being Cardiff I have to say we played a blinder. There has been much criticism lately of our transfer dealings with some justification but credit where credit is due.

Thanks for posting Mark .

6 minutes ago, ollywhyte said:

If I see him pictured like this it's gonna be too much to take!

IMG_3788.PNG

It didn’t really bother me he was going to Cardiff. But if he is going to be doing that . Well 

2 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Fantastic deal for him . Head tapping Tw#t . :ph34r:

2 hours ago, chinapig said:

Remember the derision when LJ said Reid could be a £5m player?

Turns out he is a £10m player. So LJ got it wrong again. ;)

Long live lickle Lee getting it wrong!

And hindsight is great - who was disappointed when we signed Leko, Kent and Diony? Also Not saying we haven't signed other duds but most looked decent enough on paper when we signed them....

6 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

That can’t be true. I have it on good authority that anyone who wears a suit at the club is a shambles and hasn’t got a clue what they’re doing?

1 minute ago, View from the Dolman said:

From the Post...

Bobby has passed his medical at Cardiff City and all the terms have been ironed out.

As discussed yesterday, £9m upfront which could rise to £10m due to add-ons.

Understand Bobby will nearly quadruple his Bristol City wages and will take home a large signing on fee as well.

Cardiff will announce the signing imminently.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/bristol-city-transfer-live-webster-1723300

Quadruple his wages and a fat signing on fee !

Stuff loyalty.

Good luck to him I say. Best case scenario is that he plays well, scores 10 goals for them but they still get relegated then he gets a bigger money move to a more established prem team. With us having a 20% sell on clause, of course. 

At the end of the day, as brilliant as it's been having an academy product be arguably the best striker in the division, £10million for a 25 year old who's had one good Championship season and has 1 year left on his contract is very good business. I suspect he'll not be a '1season wonder's because his work ethic and all round game are so good, but it's not a sure thing. All the best Bobby, thanks for the cash and the memories

17 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

recSo it seems that although some thought we would have to sell cheap because he was in his last year and held ‘all the cards’ we in fact held our nerve sent WBA away with their lower offer and got great value.

That we've got more than reasonable money for two of our assets is beyond despute. How the club reinvest that money is what many are anxious about given the hit and miss extremes of recent windows!! Let's hope for more O'Dowdas and Brownhills and fewer Engvalls and Pisanos!!!!!

2 minutes ago, Xspence said:

anyone but Cardiff Bobby....

It's a bitter pill to swallow.  Hopefully he'll be the only highlight of Cardiff's relegation season and then get a move to an established Premier League team.

I can only wish the lad well.  It's rare to have a player who can chase the game tirelessly for 90 minutes.  His stamina and determination are a credit to how hard he has worked to become a more complete player.  Absolutely faultless attitude after all the years when we doubted that he could even cut it in the Championship.  Good luck Bobby, we'll be watching you!

7 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

Good luck to him I say. Best case scenario is that he plays well, scores 10 goals for them but they still get relegated then he gets a bigger money move to a more established prem team. With us having a 20% sell on clause, of course. 

At the end of the day, as brilliant as it's been having an academy product be arguably the best striker in the division, £10million for a 25 year old who's had one good Championship season and has 1 year left on his contract is very good business. I suspect he'll not be a '1season wonder's because his work ethic and all round game are so good, but it's not a sure thing. All the best Bobby, thanks for the cash and the memories

Yeah, I pretty much copied what you said without seeing your post!

Archived