IGNORED

Goodbye Bobby Reid - signed for Cardiff now official

JasonM88

Tbh I don't care that its Cardiff we've got £10m (£9m upfront) for a player with 12 months left on his contract who this time last year people probably wouldn't have said much if we'd released him. Those complaining we've sold to Cardiff probably would then still complain if we'd accepted an offer from Derby/West Brom that we'd be selling to a rival team.

5 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

This transfer wouldn't have been so bad had so many posters on here not come on here in December and January and slaughtered Cardiff. 

Not only do they then come good, whilst we completely capitulated...they then come and take our top scorer and announce him with a GIF . 

I hate Cardiff....but Warnock and co have completely taken the piss out of Johnson and our club with this .

Certainly a few people on here eating humble pie 

1 minute ago, KingLear said:

Fantastic bit of business by the Club, it's a massive gamble for Cardiff.

£10m for an academy product with 1 year left on his contract :clap:

It hurts seeing him sign for Cardiff, but I wish him all the best, cheers Bobby.

Exactly what I said, the tapping on the head was unnecessary though :sad26:.

4 minutes ago, WWred said:

Gutted, bloody Cardiff as well..

Just feels like a massive lack of loyalty, mainly to Lee Johnson. Average player at best prior to this season, 1 decent season at Centre Forward and he’s off. Footballs about money these days I get it, but you always feel different when it’s one of your own! 

I understand where your coming from ...however they have quadrupled his wages and his signing on fee alone will set him up for life 

For a player who only 12 months ago didn't look like he had a future at Championship level...you can't blame him

5 minutes ago, Super said:

Are they really? That for me will only ever be Rovers.

I have never lived in Bristol, have no family connection to the area, and have never had Rovers in the same division as us for as long as I have been a fan. Whenever I have met a Rovers fan we have had a nice little chat about West Country football in general, and they've been enjoyable company.

However, I have never met a Cardiff fan I have liked. Been weird, threatening, entitled, etc...Combined with the fact I don't like Cardiff as a city at all, than yes, I hate Cardiff more.

Just now, Newquay-Red said:

I have never lived in Bristol, have no family connection to the area, and have never had Rovers in the same division as us for as long as I have been a fan. Whenever I have met a Rovers fan we have had a nice little chat about West Country football in general, and they've been enjoyable company.

However, I have never met a Cardiff fan I have liked. Been weird, threatening, entitled, etc...Combined with the fact I don't like Cardiff as a city at all, than yes, I hate Cardiff more.

An entire generation have never known competitive football against Rovers. Cardiff have been our main local rival for a long long time. 

15 minutes ago, Xiled said:

It's a bitter pill to swallow.  Hopefully he'll be the only highlight of Cardiff's relegation season and then get a move to an established Premier League team.

I can only wish the lad well.  It's rare to have a player who can chase the game tirelessly for 90 minutes.  His stamina and determination are a credit to how hard he has worked to become a more complete player.  Absolutely faultless attitude after all the years when we doubted that he could even cut it in the Championship.  Good luck Bobby, we'll be watching you!

I agree. When tomlin went there I consoles myself with the fact he was shit 7 games out of 10. Bobby worked so hard last season and was my (and many others) player of the season by miles. 

I genuinely wish him well. Hope he scores 20 but no one else in Cardiff scores any and they are relegated in Feb! 

6 minutes ago, BITW said:

Understand his reasoning for the move but that head tapping shite doesn’t sit well with me. Don’t care what anyone says he should know better as a city lad born and bred. 

This.

******* rubbish.

I know he is their player but would he have dressed up as a penguin if they asked? Unnecessary.

Hope the third world cave dwellers enjoy their single season of fame.

7 minutes ago, BITW said:

Understand his reasoning for the move but that head tapping shite doesn’t sit well with me. Don’t care what anyone says he should know better as a city lad born and bred. 

That’s what’s pissed me off more than Flint going to a direct rival. But as I said he’s their puppet now and has to dance (literally) to their tune. #NoClass

Just now, Newquay-Red said:

I guess it is different having always lived in Bristol always hated Rovers and want them to fail. Can't say I like Cardiff (on a par with Man United!) but certainly not even close to Rovers.

5 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

I understand where your coming from ...however they have quadrupled his wages and his signing on fee alone will set him up for life 

For a player who only 12 months ago didn't look like he had a future at Championship level...you can't blame him

And it's a massive coup for Head Coach Johnson and Ashton to take a player who "didn't look like he had a future at Championship level" and get a £10M return.  Wouldn't you say?

I certainly thought he was a bit average before the last season.

4 minutes ago, Chivs said:

And it's a massive coup for Head Coach Johnson and Ashton to take a player who "didn't look like he had a future at Championship level" and get a £10M return.  Wouldn't you say?

I certainly thought he was a bit average before the last season.

Yup, many, many did. But all the managers who ever worked with him said he had something, but none of them could get it out of him until last season. We had one good season and now a fair bit of money for all that investment. Now we have to spend and find more Bobby Reid’s, and hope we don’t sell them at the first opportunity.

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

**** off with that head tapping nonsense Bobby.

For ***** sake.

Shit times.

I really hope we have a few exciting and decent players lined up . Or we will have one hell of a tough season. Come on City pull your ******* fingers out . 

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

**** off with that head tapping nonsense Bobby.

For ***** sake.

Shit times.

Reminded me of blokes you see in Broadmead in a chicken suit giving out flyers.

No dignity at all.

Whoever is running the City twitter account really needs to read the mood. Two montages, an ode to Bobby video message, you’d think he’d died. 

Its not like he’s gone to Barcelona. He’s gone to Cardiff, a local rival

2 minutes ago, Dredd said:

Whoever is running the City twitter account really needs to read the mood. Two montages, an ode to Bobby video message, you’d think he’d died. 

Its not like he’s gone to Barcelona. He’s gone to Cardiff, a local rival

Yeah you’re right, just looked myself. It really is like he’s died!

Compare that to Flint which was just one tweet from the club.

Archived