IGNORED

Goodbye Bobby Reid - signed for Cardiff now official

JasonM88

22 minutes ago, Spike said:

Cardiff fans having a right laugh at you lot having a meltdown over Bobby, I still think we may have got the better of the deal, all depends on how Bobby performs at Premier League level, I certainly don't see him getting the chances he had for us at that level.

Let them have their moment of fun - we just have to suck it up if they find it amusing, but who here really gives a rats arse what they think (maybe you do)?  The fact is if the boot was on the other foot they'd be livid as well if ''one of their own'' joined one of their local rivals and started off by disrespecting his home town club And if their club were fawning all over their social media about the move they'd be mightily cheesed off about that as well.  And they know it.  But let them have their day(s) in the sun. Couldn't give a toss.  

37 minutes ago, lenred said:

Let them have their moment of fun - we just have to suck it up if they find it amusing, but who here really gives a rats arse what they think (maybe you do)?  The fact is if the boot was on the other foot they'd be livid as well if ''one of their own'' joined one of their local rivals and started off by disrespecting his home town club And if their club were fawning all over their social media about the move they'd be mightily cheesed off about that as well.  And they know it.  But let them have their day(s) in the sun. Couldn't give a toss.  

Honestly, I couldn't care less but living in Cardiff I hear a lot of it today, especially since my window has a Bristol City sticker on it haha. I think the deal suits us, it suits Bobby but it'll be interesting to see if it suits them as I'm not so sure Bobby will be as successful for them at that level but we'll see, either way he's not our player anymore.

What I don't understand is why people get so vocal about it if they are upset by it, all it does is give those who enjoy winding other teams fans up the fuel they need to stoke the fire.

4 hours ago, BlueDredd said:

Everyone makes bunk signings. Tomlin's a great player, just didn't really get the chance to play for us and didn't get himself match fit.

But I'm sure the £1.5m we payed for Tomlin wasn't a massive kick in the teeth. The last minute equaliser he scored at Reading away got us the extra point which grabbed us 2nd place. So maybe the £1.5m seems like a bargain.

But Tomlin was Colin's 'The one player he wanted to sign' OK tbh Bob's a different type of striker, and for his sake I hope he does OK, but not enough to keep you up, with Warnock at the helm  you need to change your football philosophy, but alas he only knows one way, sack him asap, and get a decent coach in for the Prem, and you might survive, but you ain't getting Lee, he at least he has some standards.    

1 hour ago, CardiffCityFan said:

Now you know what its like to be Bristol Rovers, losing a player to your bigger rivals haha :cool:

If he turns out to be as influential as the last big signing you made from us then haha- if our Academy Graduate does well showing what a good academy is really all about then we make more money haha and if he he does really well then he'll move to a proper Prem team and we make even more money haha.

Pretty much haha for us all round. You've just gotta hope that the gamble of a one season striker for £9 million of welcome profit for our sustainable club pays off for you .Haha.

1 hour ago, CardiffCityFan said:

Now you know what its like to be Bristol Rovers, losing a player to your bigger rivals haha :cool:

In about 3 months and if you're smart enough you'll realise you've been mugged. Reid has shorter longevity upfront in the Premier than the remnants of the Welsh coal industry......

18 minutes ago, The hand of RO'D said:

Am I being precious or has bob shown no class with not even acknowledging us as fans or Bristol City before posting this shite on his Instagram?

57EDFC57-FEE0-4DE3-B2A9-C0FF0C036F2B.png

BIG club with ambition? Mmmmm how original, problem is they are not a big club Bobby, should have stayed here and realised your Prem ambitions, but I don't really blame your bad choice of playing in the English Prem in a foreign country, and that my friend is the reason that Cardiff will never be a big club, except in the Principality.

5 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

As I’ve already said I’m talking purely about the clubs use of social media in the aftermath of the transfer. I’m NOT talking about the transfer itself. 

Weve just sold our biggest asset to our bitter rivals. Any club knows that this is NOT something that you crow about after the event like you’ve pulled off a master stroke. 

The commercials of the deal are very good but the general mood is one of disappointment and anger about the circumstances that led to this becoming reality. It’s not the time for goal montages and strings of tweets about how much we love and miss him ffs 

The best and only thing for all forms of social media is to ignore them and hopefully ultimately silence them. A complete and utter waste of everyone’s time and effort.

1 hour ago, lenred said:

It's a huge deal for them, and great business for us, I honestly can't help but think we have at last started managing our biggest assets in a professional  manner at last. 

There are lots of people with sand in their fannies on here.  When a player signs for a new club they focus on the new club.  It doesn't mean anything, it's what they're expected to do as professionals and exactly what we would want a player we signed to do.  Get over it.

49 minutes ago, Nibor said:

There are lots of people with sand in their fannies on here.  When a player signs for a new club they focus on the new club.  It doesn't mean anything, it's what they're expected to do as professionals and exactly what we would want a player we signed to do.  Get over it.

Exactly what would the reaction be on here if Webster spent all day talking about Ipswich!

Well, that two of our spine effectively saying they’ve gone to more ambitious and progressive Clubs. 

No doubt MA is getting ready to big himself up for the EFL role and LJ is out measuring grass somewhere. 

But are you listening Steve and Jon?

3 hours ago, Spike said:

Cardiff fans having a right laugh at you lot having a meltdown over Bobby, I still think we may have got the better of the deal, all depends on how Bobby performs at Premier League level, I certainly don't see him getting the chances he had for us at that level.

Agree there Spike. You only have to look at Tammy. In my view he is a more complete forward player than Bobby. Ripped the arse out of the championship but did not quite have that killer touch when stepping up. It could be argued that you're only as good as the players around you. That said I don't see how Cardiff will have the team Swansea did and therefore can't see Bobby having goals in him at that level. That is not bitterness talking, Bobby was at our club longer than the average supporter of it and who can begrudge him a move which will see him play in the best league the world among the best stadiums and players. I wish him all the luck in the world even if it means swallowing my pride knowing he will be turning out for Cardiff.

2 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

The reason Bobby is at Cardiff is that we have an incompetent coach who managed to totally screw up a certain play off place .....

Remind me : who was the coach that turned Bob from a fringe midfielder worth 500k to a striker sold for 10M?

oh yeah...

Good luck to bobby i say. On more money and has a chance at football in the prem and can you honestly see us playing in that league over the next couple of seasons. 

As for the ayatolla thing...who gives a ****. Smithies done the same earlier its their weird sheep ritual thing they do.

All this shite about how he should be Loyal. 

Would you honestly turn down the chance to play in the top league just because it's Cardiff? Knowing this could be your only chance and who knows what could happen if you do well there? 

Football fans are so irrational. I hope he scores 20 and Cardiff get relegated.

7 minutes ago, BristolCity1992 said:

All this shite about how he should be Loyal. 

Would you honestly turn down the chance to play in the top league just because it's Cardiff? Knowing this could be your only chance and who knows what could happen if you do well there? 

Football fans are so irrational. I hope he scores 20 and Cardiff get relegated.

Not having a go - but I don’t think it would grate as much if it was someone other then Bobby. We were loyal to him when he wasn’t producing for god knows how many years and the first sniff of a higher league club he’s off. 

42 minutes ago, RT's Vaseline Tub said:

I understand his need to play Premier League football but not with them.

If we’d kept him and we went up next Year then that £10 million fee received would have been insignificant.

And if my auntie had balls.....

Archived