IGNORED

Welcome Hakeeb Adelakun - Now signed

Buckeyed

36 minutes ago, screech said:

Why would we be doing that? Didn't we sign him for the best part of £2m last August because he was an exciting skillful winger.

On loan mush. Think it's extremely likely.

1 hour ago, Redrascal2 said:

Hull and money bags Forest also interested why did we not just get on with it and sign him. 

Is that not what we are doing by offering a fee?

This isn't a supermarket where you just pick up the player and take him to the till.

How many times do we miss out. If it is someone we are keen to sign and we are in first then I was suggesting we get it done before other clubs come in for him. But  thanks for explaining that players are not on sale in supermarkets. Very enlightening and  showing a real grasp of the transfer system.

1 hour ago, Carey 6 said:

That's exactly how I see him. Got to admit I originally saw him on one of Harry's lists a few years ago, since then always took an interest in how he was getting on & hoped we would sign him. 

Thanks @Carey 6. I did indeed put him on one of my lists on here a few years back. I first saw him at 16 back in 2012 and recommended him to McInnes at the time. 

A very skilful player is Adelakun and one who should definitely be plying his trade above League 1 - I know he had a drink-driving issue about 3 years ago so perhaps that meant his stay at Scunny was prolonged as he’d have been a big risk to anyone back then. But as far as I know, he’s straightened himself out in that respect. 

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

i think it was 75k cash plus a number of add ons that would of made the fee up to 300k, thats pretty standard in compo cases,

If scunny reject it then it will go to tribunal 

I believe it worked out at £100k all told. 

Just now, JamesBCFC said:

Good source?

Pete O'Rourke - Usually accurate with his info. Heard elsewhere that he'd been in talks with us and Sunderland.

Just now, downendcity said:

If we sign any more wingers the touchlines will need to be  in the front row of the stands next season

We desperately need a right footed, right winger in this mould. Pace, power, etc. Fed up with playing left footers on the right, cutting in all the time.

We need 4 wingers for next season. COD & Eliasson on the left, Watkins and Adelakun on the right. 

25 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

How many times do we miss out. If it is someone we are keen to sign and we are in first then I was suggesting we get it done before other clubs come in for him. But  thanks for explaining that players are not on sale in supermarkets. Very enlightening and  showing a real grasp of the transfer system.

Well, smart arse, what is it the club haven't done here that you would have done? 

26 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

The problem is that it isn't as simple as a player having a price and us having to pay it. When we make an offer there are other parties with an interest in increasing the price to get the best deal for the club and the player, therefore deals get leaked. It is not unique to us but all clubs.

38 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

Utterly clueless.

10 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

A big yes from me. Him and Watkins would be a great start to the window. Probably need a young forward on loan from someone to get through the 6 games without Fam but that is two starting wingers ready to go from day 1 if we sign HA. 

I have a sneaking feeling we won't sign a striker other than on loan. I think we may go with one up front in a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-3 with 2 wide attackers.

LJ rates Taylor highly and if he gets a full pre season in he will be in the running. Paterson will I believe be seen as an auxiliary striker.

4 minutes ago, chinapig said:

I have a sneaking feeling we won't sign a striker other than on loan. I think we may go with one up front in a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-3 with 2 wide attackers.

LJ rates Taylor highly and if he gets a full pre season in he will be in the running. Paterson will I believe be seen as an auxiliary striker.

Paterson not got the physique or stamina to fill the Reid role for me but we shall see - would certainly save a bob or two if he could. Needs to be in the team somewhere for his technique, brain and goals but we need strength in depth so he can be rotated and rested. Perhaps he should spend the summer at that gym Reid goes to in the off season?

4 minutes ago, chinapig said:

If we sell Bobby, then I'd seriously love for us to make a bid for Hull's Jarod Bowen. Him playing off Fam, with COD and Watkins/Adelakun either side would be quality. 

7 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

If we sell Bobby, then I'd seriously love for us to make a bid for Hull's Jarod Bowen. Him playing off Fam, with COD and Watkins/Adelakun either side would be quality. 

Bowen is a real talent. I would have thought big clubs would be after him by now.

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Thanks @Carey 6. I did indeed put him on one of my lists on here a few years back. I first saw him at 16 back in 2012 and recommended him to McInnes at the time. 

A very skilful player is Adelakun and one who should definitely be plying his trade above League 1 - I know he had a drink-driving issue about 3 years ago so perhaps that meant his stay at Scunny was prolonged as he’d have been a big risk to anyone back then. But as far as I know, he’s straightened himself out in that respect. 

I believe it worked out at £100k all told. 

I also flagged this guy as a possible target but not as far back as @Carey 6

Always looked a class above anyone else on the pitch with an end product and is a good physical size to deal with the pace and physicality of the Championship

21 minutes ago, chinapig said:

I do hope we change formation. I hope we use more of our squad too. Pato I think will be used centrally more often if we sign two wingers. Though I am not sure he would be a regular. Brownhill I can see being pushed into a #10 role at times and even COD. It is nice that we seem to be looking a bit harder in England this summer.

21 minutes ago, chinapig said:

I do hope we change formation. I hope we use more of our squad too. Pato I think will be used centrally more often if we sign two wingers. Though I am not sure he would be a regular. Brownhill I can see being pushed into a #10 role at times and even COD. It is nice that we seem to be looking a bit harder in England this summer.

1 minute ago, INCRED said:

I also flagged this guy as a possible target but not as far back as @Carey 6

Always looked a class above anyone else on the pitch with an end product and is a good physical size to deal with the pace and physicality of the Championship

His size is what always jumped out at me first. Then he does have the skill and pace too. This could be another Brownhill type signing. 

3 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

His size is what always jumped out at me first. Then he does have the skill and pace too. This could be another Brownhill type signing. 

I would say he is very similar to Bolasie in his ability but maybe not as quick but certainly technically good and can beat a player as well as good at running with the ball

Archived