IGNORED

Another fixture change - Millwall home moved (Merged)

BCFC1512

6 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Very unlikely. Last time 2 seasons ago crowd was only just over 16, 000.

Bath Rugby fans don't travel

Sunday 26th February 2017
13:00
Ashton Gate Att: 16,258
Ref: Greg Garner

Aviva Premiership Rugby
Round16

I was at that game and in fairness it was on TV, 1pm Sunday, and Bristol were on the verge of being relegated. Still, a pretty good crowd all considered. Plenty of Bath there too - they don't have to travel as most of them seem to live in Bristol!

41 minutes ago, RedM said:

Good point. I didn’t want to give your post a like, as I don’t like the idea of you both missing out. 

So that’s the rugby lot who play, coach, watch rugby on a Saturday that the fixture affects, and us football fans too by switching to a Sunday. Not good

I can understand that sky want a spread of games across Tues/Weds but surely it’s better for clubs such as us who have both sports to stay as we are. But I think the rugby is wanted on Saturdays, that’s the problem as much as anything.

Or you know, the smart idea perhaps of putting City and the rugby at home on different weekends....

As if my season ticket isn’t costing me enough already, i work every Sunday,I will now have to take time off as annual leave or just have it without pay. If I could get a refund back now I would. I feel for the many hundreds and hundreds of kids and parents who are going to miss out as well being as all the junior and youth football is played on a Sunday

11 minutes ago, hodge said:

Or you know, the smart idea perhaps of putting City and the rugby at home on different weekends....

But there could be thousands and thousands that watch the Gas and rugby seeing they used to share :o*

*I know many Gas who still say they won’t watch the rugby since they moved over to AG

Your solution is of course perfect though. Unless you have City fans who got to chose between going to away matches and rugby. Complicated isn’t it.

2 minutes ago, RedM said:

But there could be thousands and thousands that watch the Gas and rugby seeing they used to share :o*

*I know many Gas who still say they won’t watch the rugby since they moved over to AG

Your solution is of course perfect though. Unless you have City fans who got to chose between going to away matches and rugby. Complicated isn’t it.

Screw it lets make sure Somerset/Gloucestershire don't play at home for cricket in August just incase they also have City fans :ph34r:

Over £1200 on four season tickets and now missing three games as daughters play football on Sundays. What with the increase in price, paying by the end of March to keep my seat and the loss of mates around me who can't afford it I have just about reached the end of the road. My girls can scream all they like I ain't renewing next season.

26 minutes ago, RedM said:

What went wrong?!

2 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

Just caught sight of this. Really considering looking into whether this seriously alters the terms of the ST supply and they can have the thing back.

Utter contempt for supporters home and away.

I agree travelling Sunday morning is a pain. For this one you'll just have to get the Millwall coach. :ermm:

1 hour ago, myol'man said:

Very unlikely. Last time 2 seasons ago crowd was only just over 16, 000.

Bath Rugby fans don't travel

Sunday 26th February 2017
13:00
Ashton Gate Att: 16,258
Ref: Greg Garner

Aviva Premiership Rugby
Round16

Big difference is the timing. Bristol were bottom of the table February 2017 and it was in the winter. First game of the season with a new coach, big signings and new optimism. Loads of Bath fans will travel.

3 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

how are people going to cope if we get to the prem?,

Southampton went about 2 seasons without having a saturday home game at 3pm

Surely that's not right!

20 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

No logic to moving Blackburn as we don't even know if we're in the 2nd round of the fizzy drink cup yet. Even then the fixtures run Monday to Weds as far as I know so scope to change.

Just my opinion but better to move it now just incase then moving it last minute disrupting people's plans 

Danny Baker is a Millwall fan. A Saturday fixture might make it difficult for him to get to Ashton Gate after his Saturday morning radio show. Perhaps he’s offered to let Steve Lansdown have a guest appearance on the sausage sandwich game in return for a fixture change to Sunday 

Just now, hodge said:

Just my opinion but better to move it now just incase then moving it last minute disrupting people's plans 

I think you've missed my point. If we make round 2, there's a choice of games on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Equally, we played a weakend team away to Watford last season (and still won) and it would be likely that we would do the same this season.

2 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

I think you've missed my point. If we make round 2, there's a choice of games on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Equally, we played a weakend team away to Watford last season (and still won) and it would be likely that we would do the same this season.

We'll get allocated a day, we may be able to request a day but we'll end up with the day we're given. Last season against Plymouth we played Fielding, Baker, Magnússon, Brownhill, Smith, O'Dowda, Reid, Paterson (on at half time). So 8 of our first team with some others on the bench, hardly a full reserve team. 

1 minute ago, hodge said:

We'll get allocated a day, we may be able to request a day but we'll end up with the day we're given. Last season against Plymouth we played Fielding, Baker, Magnússon, Brownhill, Smith, O'Dowda, Reid, Paterson (on at half time). So 8 of our first team with some others on the bench, hardly a full reserve team. 

Was I talking about Plymouth? No. Did I say "full reserve team"? No. We played a weakened team at Watford, resting some.

You do recall that we managed to beat Man Utd last December on a Wednesday and should then have won at QPR on the Saturday (missed some sitters)? All that in a packed December, which was very successful as I recall.

1 minute ago, The Original OTIB said:

Was I talking about Plymouth? No. Did I say "full reserve team"? No. We played a weakened team at Watford, resting some.

You do recall that we managed to beat Man Utd last December on a Wednesday and should then have won at QPR on the Saturday (missed some sitters)? All that in a packed December, which was very successful as I recall.

And ran out of steam after that because they were ******, like the 5-0 away at Villa they were dead on their feet

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

And ran out of steam after that because they were ******, like the 5-0 away at Villa they were dead on their feet

Are you seriously saying that on what might be only our 7th Game of the season on, say 27th August, we will run out of steam on a Satruday afternoon at home to Blackburn? You do realise that Extra Time has been scrapped in this season's cup, don't you? Funny how we did not request such fixture changes last season.

1 minute ago, The Original OTIB said:

Well given we're playing Plymouth again in the same round I think its more relevant to look at the team we played against them last time than the one that played against Watford. 

2 minutes ago, hodge said:

Well given we're playing Plymouth again in the same round I think its more relevant to look at the team we played against them last time than the one that played against Watford. 

No it isn't. That is irrelevant. As I also said above: " Are you seriously saying that on what might be only our 7th Game of the season on, say 27th August, we will run out of steam on a Saturday afternoon at home to Blackburn?".

No extra time this year. Straight to penalties.

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

how are people going to cope if we get to the prem?,

Southampton went about 2 seasons without having a saturday home game at 3pm

If we get to the Prem then people will know what to expect and act accordingly.  Many people did not expect there to be a raft of games on a Sunday this season as it’s not been the norm at all, and may have various reasons as to why that particular time causes them issues.  Why do you have to belittle people’s genuine concerns around this?  It’s a discussion board and this is a topic to discuss! 

40 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Are you seriously saying that on what might be only our 7th Game of the season on, say 27th August, we will run out of steam on a Satruday afternoon at home to Blackburn? You do realise that Extra Time has been scrapped in this season's cup, don't you? Funny how we did not request such fixture changes last season.

Perhaps it is thought that the difference could be made with the people involved looking back at last season.

Perhaps we did request such changes last season, but the other side didn't agree to it.

2 years ago our cup run was 2 rounds less and without 7 long term injuries, so last season didnt really have something comparable to go by.

No one is saying the squad will be knackered by the 7th game, but the fresher we can keep the team through the season, the better.

Archived