IGNORED

Another fixture change - Millwall home moved (Merged)

BCFC1512

22 minutes ago, RedM said:

Revised fixtures:

Bristol City v Blackburn Rovers - Sunday, September 2nd (1.30pm kick-off)
Bristol City v Sheffield Wednesday - Sunday, October 7th (1.30pm kick-off)
Bristol City v Millwall - Sunday, December 2nd (1.30pm kick-off) 
Bristol City v Reading - Friday, April 19th (12noon kick-off).

Sounds like its making way for rugby particularly these games which are not going to interest Sky. I dont know why anyone would be surprised at City making way for the rugby club. Of course if they are rock bottom and adrift by December then nobody will turn up not even BT Sport but if the first two of those games are versus Bath or Gloucester then no reason why they wont get a bigger gate than City's average.

Sunday lunch time piss ups are pretty good anyway....

7 minutes ago, Harry said:

As someone who decided not to renew their season ticket (variety of reasons), but one big one being the difficulty in attending evening games (and sundays), I feel very happy I didn’t renew now. 

We’ve currently got 14 Saturday fixtures + the 2 games on Weds/Fri over Easter and Xmas. So at the moment if you were to attend only those 16 games, the season ticket cost in the SS rises from £15 per game to £21.56 per game. 

There are 2 other home fixtures still in the calendar for Saturday where we play on the previous Wednesday, so if we adopt the same approach and switch those to Sunday we’re suddenly down to 14. Then, the likelihood is that at least 2 or 3 games will be switched for tv, so we could end up with as little as 10 or 11 games at home on a Saturday. 

Suddenly, if you can only make those ones, you’re looking at £31.36 per game. 

I ******* hate modern football. What’s wrong with Saturday/Tuesday. *******. 

Last season we had 11 Saturday 3pm home fixtures mate. Less than half our home fixtures. It's the norm these days. 

6 minutes ago, Harry said:

As someone who decided not to renew their season ticket (variety of reasons), but one big one being the difficulty in attending evening games (and sundays), I feel very happy I didn’t renew now. 

We’ve currently got 14 Saturday fixtures + the 2 games on Weds/Fri over Easter and Xmas. So at the moment if you were to attend only those 16 games, the season ticket cost in the SS rises from £15 per game to £21.56 per game. 

There are 2 other home fixtures still in the calendar for Saturday where we play on the previous Wednesday, so if we adopt the same approach and switch those to Sunday we’re suddenly down to 14. Then, the likelihood is that at least 2 or 3 games will be switched for tv, so we could end up with as little as 10 or 11 games at home on a Saturday. 

Suddenly, if you can only make those ones, you’re looking at £31.36 per game. 

I ******* hate modern football. What’s wrong with Saturday/Tuesday. *******. 

If you were only able to make 16 games at £21 thats still good value!!!

You seem incapable of adapting to any form of change. 

Just now, Spoons said:

If you were only able to make 16 games at £21 thats still good value!!!

You seem incapable of adapting to any form of change. 

Not at all mate. Just be conscious of the fact that a number of supporters can’t very easily make it to midweek or Sunday fixtures. Therefore the outlay on a season ticket for 23 games does indeed represent good value, but based on our fixtures now (and potential further changes), anyone in that position is suddenly looking at over £30 per game for the ST, which is not such great value. 

As I said, I didn’t renew for this reason (as well as other reasons), so I’m glad I didn’t based on this as I wouldn’t have seen value for money. 

Sorry that you feel I can’t accept change. It’s a logistical thing for many people mate. Football should in the main be on a Saturday afternoon. It’s increasingly not - and whether it’s adaptation to change or not, a lot of people don’t like that. 

6 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Last season we had 11 Saturday 3pm home fixtures mate. Less than half our home fixtures. It's the norm these days. 

I know mate. And thats why I found it difficult last season as I was frequently late for the non-Saturday matches and it ruined my matchday experience. 

I would argue that a number of supporters (14,000 and counting) can attend Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday or Wednesday games otherwise they wouldn't have bought season tickets in record numbers.

Easy to knock ' modern football' but I really don't see the massive change. I've been  a season ticket holder since 1989/90 and maybe I loved it then but love it just as much now.

38 minutes ago, RedM said:

I know what you are saying, but if it’s been acceptable to play Sat and then Tues for years then why can’t we do Weds - Sat. Same amount of recovery time between matches. 

74.45 hours (Sat 5pm to Tues 7.45pm) compared to 65.15 hours (Wed 9.45pm to Sat 3pm) by my calculations.

Is almost half a day significant? No idea to be honest.

All this nonsense about recovery time and fixture congestion. Absolute joke. Clubs don't give a toss about supporters. This will completely ruin my weekend football experience. Let's hope these decisions don't affect attendances and turnover - I for one hope they do!

50 minutes ago, phantom said:

Would be a big statement from Bristol Sport if they are moving football games to make way for rugby matches at Ashton Gate

Their coach has said recently that he prefers Saturday games hasn't he?

Also didn't someone put something on here about the changed fixtures a couple of weeks ago stating that for one of them the excuse wasn't valid? I'll try to find it. 

20 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

it can't be moved because of the rugby rugby fixtures haven't even been released yet, so unless they have a crystal ball or something we'd have to take there reasoning for it

Not released to the public. Rugby is very different to football.

2 minutes ago, BCFC1959 said:

All this nonsense about recovery time and fixture congestion. Absolute joke. Clubs don't give a toss about supporters. This will completely ruin my weekend football experience. Let's hope these decisions don't affect attendances and turnover - I for one hope they do!

It wont affect either unless we are struggling.If we are doing well, then loads of potd folks in Bristol will rock up. AG is not our stadium and we have to accept that. I am sure actually that lots of rugby fans will not like having saturday games because many still play or watch their combo sides.

2 minutes ago, RedM said:

One of them is probably right :laughcont:

Bath

Just now, Loon plage said:

I am sure actually that lots of rugby fans will not like having saturday games because many still play or watch their combo sides.

That’s a very good point, and what I’m hearing too. 

If it were something league wide would it not make sense that we have away games moved too, however all the games that are being moved are home games....If it were something league wide would it not make sense that we have away games moved too, however all the games that are being moved are home games....

Really irritating, can never do Sunday games (only day of the week I work ;) ),  evenings are always difficult being 150 miles away.  Still bought a ST in good faith, knowing of course that some fixtures would be changed for TV etc, but if there is a general policy to play on Sundays now it would've been nice to have known in advance so I could've saved my money! 

1 hour ago, Red Grovesy said:

"The Lions were due to visit Ashton Gate on Saturday, December 1st (3pm kick-off) but the fixture will now be played on Sunday, December 2nd (1.30pm kick-off).

This news follows from a previous announcement, highlighting the club’s home fixture changes with Blackburn Rovers, Sheffield Wednesday and Reading.

These matches have been rescheduled to aid the team’s recovery and alleviate fixture congestion."

Really?

That would be a slightly more convincing argument had we not just chosen to move a load of games to Wednesdays instead of the usual Tuesday. Not sure I get what’s going in here. 

It appears that we now have just 14 home matches scheduled for a Saturday. As these include the games against Villa, Leeds, Stoke and Derby I wouldn't be at all surprised to see that number fall as TV intervenes. I think it's a pity. Football, for me, is a Saturday afternoon pleasure.

Archived