IGNORED

Another fixture change - Millwall home moved (Merged)

BCFC1512

1 minute ago, pillred said:

why are we suddenly getting our fixtures moved to a Sunday that's the third one, anything to do with the rugby lot,  wouldn't surprise me have their fixtures come out yet.

Their fixtures are due out tomorrow. And that’s my theory too unless this one is down for Sky?

• Admin
2 minutes ago, pillred said:

why are we suddenly getting our fixtures moved to a Sunday that's the third one, anything to do with the rugby lot,  wouldn't surprise me have their fixtures come out yet.

Would be a big statement from Bristol Sport if they are moving football games to make way for rugby matches at Ashton Gate

Revised fixtures:

Bristol City v Blackburn Rovers - Sunday, September 2nd (1.30pm kick-off)
Bristol City v Sheffield Wednesday - Sunday, October 7th (1.30pm kick-off)
Bristol City v Millwall - Sunday, December 2nd (1.30pm kick-off) 
Bristol City v Reading - Friday, April 19th (12noon kick-off).

We are playing at Ipswich on the Wednesday before and we had a Wednesday game before the Sheff Wed game as well. If this is the reasoning then the Stoke game on 27th October could be vulnerable as well!

2 minutes ago, marmite said:

Bristol Rugby is the Premiership club now at AG. Does this mean they take priority?

Ironic if the case as I'm sure I read that the rugby fans wanted their games on a Sunday!

"The Lions were due to visit Ashton Gate on Saturday, December 1st (3pm kick-off) but the fixture will now be played on Sunday, December 2nd (1.30pm kick-off).

This news follows from a previous announcement, highlighting the club’s home fixture changes with Blackburn Rovers, Sheffield Wednesday and Reading.

These matches have been rescheduled to aid the team’s recovery and alleviate fixture congestion."

Really?

1 minute ago, Big C said:

We are playing at Ipswich on the Wednesday before and we had a Wednesday game before the Sheff Wed game as well. If this is the reasoning then the Stoke game on 27th October could be vulnerable as well!

I know what you are saying, but if it’s been acceptable to play Sat and then Tues for years then why can’t we do Weds - Sat. Same amount of recovery time between matches. 

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Does the rugby club now have less flexibility in fixture scheduling now in the Prem possibly? 

A necessary evil/challenge of a ground share I guess. Can see a few getting upset that the rugby is getting ‘prioritised. ’

There is a big push with the new Sponsor of the Premiership Gallagher (?) getting the game into the US, hence the rebranding to Bears. But if they take the 3pm Saturday slot it’s not much good for the US is it. Probably some highlights package that needs to be ready for Saturday evening I think.

1 minute ago, cidered abroad said:

Millwall has been moved to give more recovery time after Ipswich away on Wednesday. 

Nothing at all to do with rugby fixtures. Stop dreaming up fictitious reasons to suit your agenda! 

I’ve found an employee :bounce:

6 minutes ago, Big C said:

Ironic if the case as I'm sure I read that the rugby fans wanted their games on a Sunday!

There's also Birmingham home on Sat 16th Feb after playing QPR home on Weds 13th Feb. Why are we playing so many matches on Wednesdays now?

4 minutes ago, RedM said:

Revised fixtures:

Bristol City v Blackburn Rovers - Sunday, September 2nd (1.30pm kick-off)
Bristol City v Sheffield Wednesday - Sunday, October 7th (1.30pm kick-off)
Bristol City v Millwall - Sunday, December 2nd (1.30pm kick-off) 
Bristol City v Reading - Friday, April 19th (12noon kick-off).

getting as bad as last season,  being 2/3 hours away from Bristol, evening games are a no/no, unless you can take time off work and leave early,  as are Sundays [family day], makes a season ticket for the Saturday home games very expensive. 

Why so many Wednesday games this season? We’ve always done Tuesdays in the main.  Shouldn’t all round of fixtures be played in the same date unless moved for tv? So everyone should play Saturday / Tuesday unless moved to Sunday / Wednesday for tv or other specific reasons. 

All these Wednesday games has now meant we’ve excused ourselves to switch 3 games now to a Sunday. 

Is this a football league thing (weds games) or is it something we requested for our fixtures? 

Personally, I hate Sunday football. So that’s 3 games I won’t be going to already. 

Just now, Mr Ed said:

There's also Birmingham home on Sat 16th Feb after playing QPR home on Weds 13th Feb. Why are we playing so many matches on Wednesdays now?

Isn’t that for a tv highlight programme too, or did I dream that

IF its rugby related, have to question why we're being placed at home on the same weekend so often, if its purely football and recovery the you have to wonder why the change and so many games are being played on a Wednesday instead 

• Admin
11 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Millwall has been moved to give more recovery time after Ipswich away on Wednesday. 

Nothing at all to do with rugby fixtures. Stop dreaming up fictitious reasons to suit your agenda! 

Amazing how nobody found this an issue before this season

IF it was to aid recovery why was it not announced at the same time as the other fixtures that were moved

• Admin
15 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Does the rugby club now have less flexibility in fixture scheduling now in the Prem possibly? 

A necessary evil/challenge of a ground share I guess. Can see a few getting upset that the rugby is getting ‘prioritised. ’

Would assume not as games are played across Friday - Saturday - Sunday in that league

But cashing in on TV games may be swinging the vote?

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

Would assume not as games are played across Friday - Saturday - Sunday in that league

But cashing in on TV games may be swinging the vote?

Live Games tend to be Friday night and Saturday 2.30 in the Premiership so it could be that they want Bristol on a Saturday to get as many live games as possible. Sundays are terrible for local transport too

• Admin
1 minute ago, Busterrimes said:

Live Games tend to be Friday night and Saturday 2.30 in the Premiership so it could be that they want Bristol on a Saturday to get as many live games as possible. Sundays are terrible for local transport too

It's as if there is a really big game for Bristol on the opening rugby weekend, which is why the Blackburn game was moved :whistle:

As someone who decided not to renew their season ticket (variety of reasons), but one big one being the difficulty in attending evening games (and sundays), I feel very happy I didn’t renew now. 

We’ve currently got 14 Saturday fixtures + the 2 games on Weds/Fri over Easter and Xmas. So at the moment if you were to attend only those 16 games, the season ticket cost in the SS rises from £15 per game to £21.56 per game. 

There are 2 other home fixtures still in the calendar for Saturday where we play on the previous Wednesday, so if we adopt the same approach and switch those to Sunday we’re suddenly down to 14. Then, the likelihood is that at least 2 or 3 games will be switched for tv, so we could end up with as little as 10 or 11 games at home on a Saturday. 

Suddenly, if you can only make those ones, you’re looking at £31.36 per game. 

I ******* hate modern football. What’s wrong with Saturday/Tuesday. *******. 

Archived