IGNORED

Another fixture change - Millwall home moved (Merged)

BCFC1512

• Admin
39 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

I am sure actually that lots of rugby fans will not like having saturday games because many still play or watch their combo sides.

38 minutes ago, RedM said:

That’s a very good point, and what I’m hearing too. 

I know of a few people who have supported Bristol home and away for years, but haven't renewed their ST's yet due to the change in policy of when home games are being played

I believe at VERY senior member of the Bristol hieracrhy was not overjoyed with this decision purely on the basis that a large core of Bristol's support and background is based around combination sides

34 minutes ago, hodge said:

If it were something league wide would it not make sense that we have away games moved too, however all the games that are being moved are home games....If it were something league wide would it not make sense that we have away games moved too, however all the games that are being moved are home games....

You can say that again :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

I believe at VERY senior member of the Bristol hieracrhy was not overjoyed with this decision purely on the basis that a large core of Bristol's support and background is based around combination sides

Stupid question probably, but what are combination sides?

7 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

so it isn't a Bristol sport thing then its happening to other clubs as well,

The move is necessary to ensure an equal split of midweek fixtures over Tuesday and Wednesday for both the Sky Sports Redzone service and also the individual balancing of Club’s home fixtures, and follows the recent re-arrangement of our game against Aston Villa in August and Ipswich Town's visit from Derby County in February. 

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Am wondering what this "Sky sports red zone" is

Sky will be showing the midweek games via the red button with a choice of all the games... it'll be somewhat more limited coverage (perhaps only a handful of camera? maybe even no commentary?).

I suspect Redzone will be a programme covering all the goals and highlights like the NFL Redzone programme already does for American Football.

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Am wondering what this "Sky sports red zone" is

Probably like the NFL version where they move from showing one game to the next as the action changes, goals scored, etc. Maybe the usual panel approach to midweek football coverage is changing on Sky. This points to EFL/Sky collusion rather than egg-chasing decisions locally. All the same, Sky are feckin' evil and I'm glad I ditched their Sports coverage years ago.

9 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

More importantly on the Brum one it says David Davis has been injured (in a link to another article at the bottom), how will that effect Brexit?

Given that other clubs are talking about Sky/EFL, needs in almost identical language, where did our "recovery time" excuse come from? Maybe other clubs looked to change earlier than we did on getting the fixtures, meaning that if you can't move midweek, your only option is Saturday to Sunday. Our official reason sounds like spin to me.

36 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Stupid question probably, but what are combination sides?

The Bristol rugby combination Tone. About 50 member clubs, ranging from the likes of Clifton, Old Reds Dings Cleve down to Somerset Gloucester 2 sides. Not so many play the game at senior level now but thousands still involved, and many like to watch Bristol hence the Sunday introduction some years ago.

4 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Just caught sight of this. Really considering looking into whether this seriously alters the terms of the ST supply and they can have the thing back.

Utter contempt for supporters home and away.

Imagine if promoters did this for major gigs at the O2, etc? Which Magazine, BBC Watchdog, etc. would be attacking it with zeal. Football supporters continue to be treated with utter contempt.

2 hours ago, Loon plage said:

Sounds like its making way for rugby particularly these games which are not going to interest Sky. I dont know why anyone would be surprised at City making way for the rugby club. Of course if they are rock bottom and adrift by December then nobody will turn up not even BT Sport but if the first two of those games are versus Bath or Gloucester then no reason why they wont get a bigger gate than City's average.

Sunday lunch time piss ups are pretty good anyway....

Fixtures out tmrw, Premiership opener is Bath (h) 

25 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Just caught sight of this. Really considering looking into whether this seriously alters the terms of the ST supply and they can have the thing back.

Utter contempt for supporters home and away.

your season ticket entitles you to entry to 23 football matches at ashton gate in a season, it doesn't state when they take place, infact you signed up before the fixtures were released 

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

More importantly on the Brum one it says David Davis has been injured (in a link to another article at the bottom), how will that effect Brexit?

Perhaps he`s still feeling the effects of Fammy so-called gobbing at him - it must have been far more serious than we thought.

1 hour ago, View from the Dolman said:

Sky will be showing the midweek games via the red button with a choice of all the games... it'll be somewhat more limited coverage (perhaps only a handful of camera? maybe even no commentary?).

I suspect Redzone will be a programme covering all the goals and highlights like the NFL Redzone programme already does for American Football.

Yup, looks like they do it for the NFL in the US. A sort of Soccer Saturday where they show live games and dip in and out of others?

I can see both sides of this. 

On the one hand, I agree that football is a Saturday afternoon tradition and it’s sad that actually this has become the minority of fixtures (11/23 last season!)

However when we buy a season ticket, we’re paying for 23 games, not 23 games at a date and time that suits us. They’re aimed at people who will attend the vast majority of fixtures regardless of date and time.

Obviously if you can’t attend weekdays or Sundays there seems scant point buying a season ticket as obviously it’s not going to be particularly cost effective by definition. 

A sad sign of modern football, but it’s been this way for a long time now. And still people pump £100 a month at Sky for the pleasure!

I fully expect the club to try and make these Sunday games `events` - stuff for kids, prem matches on the screens after the game, things like that (maybe not Millwall!).

They`ll promote them as `family days` or some such I have no doubt.

Not that there`s anything wrong with that per se - fans for the future and all that.

30 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see the first 27,000 attendance at AG then what with no segregation.

Very unlikely. Last time 2 seasons ago crowd was only just over 16, 000.

Bath Rugby fans don't travel

Sunday 26th February 2017
13:00
Ashton Gate Att: 16,258
Ref: Greg Garner

Aviva Premiership Rugby
Round16

41 minutes ago, Redsi2 said:

Do they not realise junior football takes place on a Sunday.  How many dad's and there kids won't be able to go. My son plays 2pm on a Sunday so that me and him stuffed.

Good point. I didn’t want to give your post a like, as I don’t like the idea of you both missing out. 

So that’s the rugby lot who play, coach, watch rugby on a Saturday that the fixture affects, and us football fans too by switching to a Sunday. Not good

I can understand that sky want a spread of games across Tues/Weds but surely it’s better for clubs such as us who have both sports to stay as we are. But I think the rugby is wanted on Saturdays, that’s the problem as much as anything.

3 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Very unlikely. Last time 2 seasons ago crowd was only just over 16, 000.

Bath Rugby fans don't travel

Sunday 26th February 2017
13:00
Ashton Gate Att: 16,258
Ref: Greg Garner

Aviva Premiership Rugby
Round16

I missed this match as I went to Newcastle for the football for the weekend, otherwise I would have gone. Also it was the weekend of rugby Internationals, Wales had played Scotland on the Saturday and England were playing Italy on the day of this match. Both these reasons probably affected the attendance. 

Archived