IGNORED

Another fixture change - Millwall home moved (Merged)

BCFC1512

24 minutes ago, lenred said:

If we get to the Prem then people will know what to expect and act accordingly.  Many people did not expect there to be a raft of games on a Sunday this season as it’s not been the norm at all, and may have various reasons as to why that particular time causes them issues.  Why do you have to belittle people’s genuine concerns around this?  It’s a discussion board and this is a topic to discuss! 

There are a few on Sunday last season and I’d wager for the las few seasons as well,

and im not belittling fixture changes happen every season people are acting as if this is the first time it’s ever happened

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

There are a few on Sunday last season and I’d wager for the las few seasons as well,

and im not belittling fixture changes happen every season people are acting as if this is the first time it’s ever happened

No they aren't. Mostly, people want to know the real reason(s), if any. Other clubs are moving Wednesday fixtures back to Tuesday and have stated other reasons for certain fixture changes (to do with Sky Red Zone, etc.). I think the full story will emerge over time. I also don't buy the fatigue angle on certain, early fixtures. I've not yet seen another club declare moves owing to the need for recovery time.

13 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

The Blackburn game being moved does make some sort of sense as isn`t the Saturday the Weller/Gallagher gig on the Downs?

Also, purely from a selfish point of view, it`s one less summer holiday Saturday M5 descent into hell for me.

It is RRH and I benefit from that as it means I don’t have to rush around from AG to the Downs and potentially miss some good acts in the process.  But I’d have coped I’m sure! Sunday games are just a nightmare imho.  For me it’s family day as I’m sure it is for others.  Saturday is football day for meeting up with your mates and seeing where the day takes you! 

Isnt holiday hell worse on a Sunday coming up from the SW?

3 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

No they aren't. Mostly, people want to know the real reason(s), if any. Other clubs are moving Wednesday fixtures back to Tuesday and have stated other reasons for certain fixture changes (to do with Sky Red Zone, etc.). I think the full story will emerge over time. I also don't buy the fatigue angle on certain, early fixtures. I've not yet seen another club declare moves owing to the need for recovery time.

Does anybody? It's complete nonsense.

4 hours ago, Monkeh said:

your season ticket entitles you to entry to 23 football matches at ashton gate in a season, it doesn't state when they take place, infact you signed up before the fixtures were released 

At least I know when I see you've responded to one of my comments it's going to be another asinine, ill-thought through opinion. So here goes:

If City moved all fixtures to 2:30am on a Thursday morning that would be OK, would it?

STs are sold on the historic assumption that the majority of fixtures take place on a Saturday afternoon ( midweek evening,) for that's how the Football League schedules them. For sure TV scheduling, replays et al  may see a small number move but not so many, so soon and particularly prior to the season start, all without explanation. There's plenty of precedent in establishing what forms contracts, it doesn't all have to be written down, it certainly isn't permitted that such onerous variation resides with only one party. 

If you sell someone goods or services and then amend the supply such as to render what's on offer unusable, that a fair reason for invalidating the contract.

32 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

If City moved all fixtures to 2:30am on a Thursday morning that would be OK, would it?

An excellent idea.

I endeavour to schedule my professional visits to the UK (London) for late/early week in order to visit family and Ashton Gate on the weekend, so this would suit me perfectly.

What exactly do we need to do to start one of those petition things?

Checking the last 3 seasons:

2015-2016    0 Sunday Games

2016--2017   1 Sunday Game (Last Day: Birmingham Home)

2017-2018    3 Sunday Games: 2 in Feb (Leeds & Cardiff Away) and Sheffield Utd Home (Last Day)

2018-2019    4 Sunday Games: 3 League by 1st December, then Last Day of the Season (Hull Away).

Evidently the league has favoured the last day Sunday, but we've already added 3 more. I would not be at all surprised to see this figure go to 6 or more.

2 hours ago, lenred said:

It is RRH and I benefit from that as it means I don’t have to rush around from AG to the Downs and potentially miss some good acts in the process.  But I’d have coped I’m sure! Sunday games are just a nightmare imho.  For me it’s family day as I’m sure it is for others.  Saturday is football day for meeting up with your mates and seeing where the day takes you! 

Isnt holiday hell worse on a Sunday coming up from the SW?

Nothing like mate! You sail up on a Sunday morning whereas on a Saturday it`s nose to tail stop/start from Exeter to Bristol on a Saturday unless you leave at about 7am!

51 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Nothing like mate! You sail up on a Sunday morning whereas on a Saturday it`s nose to tail stop/start from Exeter to Bristol on a Saturday unless you leave at about 7am!

Fair play mate. Been a long long time since I’ve had to do it on a match day!  

3 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I endeavour to schedule my professional visits to the UK (London) for late/early week in order to visit family and Ashton Gate on the weekend, so this would suit me perfectly.

Have you factored in post next April? Some say it'll be two weeks in the queue to get through immigration.......

3 hours ago, The Original OTIB said:

Checking the last 3 seasons:

2015-2016    0 Sunday Games

2016--2017   1 Sunday Game (Last Day: Birmingham Home)

2017-2018    3 Sunday Games: 2 in Feb (Leeds & Cardiff Away) and Sheffield Utd Home (Last Day)

2018-2019    4 Sunday Games: 3 League by 1st December, then Last Day of the Season (Hull Away).

Evidently the league has favoured the last day Sunday, but we've already added 3 more. I would not be at all surprised to see this figure go to 6 or more.

Well I guess we'll get some idea tomorrow, if Bristol rugby are home every time we've moved a game there's probably not much the club could do for being on the Saturday. 

10 hours ago, Redsi2 said:

Do they not realise junior football takes place on a Sunday.  How many dad's and there kids won't be able to go. My son plays 2pm on a Sunday so that me and him stuffed.

You have my sympathy. I’m the opposite though, both my lads are involved in Saturday afternoon football, so it’s good for us.

10 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

You have my sympathy. I’m the opposite though, both my lads are involved in Saturday afternoon football, so it’s good for us.

Same with everything it will suit some but not others, won't really affect me but football on a sunday lunchtime doesn't appeal to me.

So the Bristol Bears rugby fixtures have been announced...

Bristol City v Blackburn Rovers - was Saturday, September 1st now Sunday, September 2nd
Bristol Bears at home on Friday, August 31st. Pretty sure we've had evening rugby with the football following the day after before so no solid link with the City fixture move.

Bristol City v Sheffield Wednesday - was Saturday, October 6th now Sunday, October 7th
Bristol Bears away on Sunday, October 7th. No connection with City fixture move.

Bristol City v Millwall - was Saturday, December 1st now Sunday, December 2nd
Bristol Bears at home on Friday, November 30th or Saturday, December 1st. Not definitively connected with the City fixture move though there may be a clash.

On ‎05‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 13:30, myol'man said:

Very unlikely. Last time 2 seasons ago crowd was only just over 16, 000.

Bath Rugby fans don't travel

Sunday 26th February 2017
13:00
Ashton Gate Att: 16,258
Ref: Greg Garner

Aviva Premiership Rugby
Round16

Half Bath's support is glory hunting Bristolian traitors so they won't have far to come in August. Check Platform 3 at Temple Meads every time Barf play at home if you doubt it. 

Archived