IGNORED

Bobby Reid in the Premier League

reddogkev

Let's be honest here , the ideal season for us would be Bobby  playing well enough to secure a move to a proper Prem club when Cardiff are relegated next June . 

We must have negotiated a sell on clause and our reputation would be enhanced by an academy player doing well at the top level.

I've no issues with Bobby , any one of us would have done the same ( perhaps with a little sadness) but what a great opportunity for him.

34 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Let's be honest here , the ideal season for us would be Bobby  playing well enough to secure a move to a proper Prem club when Cardiff are relegated next June . 

We must have negotiated a sell on clause and our reputation would be enhanced by an academy player doing well at the top level.

I've no issues with Bobby , any one of us would have done the same ( perhaps with a little sadness) but what a great opportunity for him.

Because of his talent and work ethic, like I've said I can see Bobby scoring over 10 and having a relatively decent season.

If I could get my wish though, it would be for him to flop and have a terrible year, return to Championship with a different club and a healthy bank balance, and City better placed all thanks to the 10milion quid being invested wisely.

41 minutes ago, Rich_s said:

Jeez. How small-minded and petty.

Has our fanbase really gone that placid that people can't understand how others might just be heartbroken seing an adored homegrown player sign for an arch rival? It's not small minded and petty at all, it's raw footballing emotion. Small minded and petty would be somebody wishing ill on Bobby or making threats and nobody has done that.

It's alright to be upset and it's alright not to want to see him do well for Cardiff.

4 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

The thought of one of our own with the talent and work rate of Bobby wearing a Cardiff shirt makes me feel physically sick. Nothing against the lad personally but I have no desire to follow his progress or hope he does well. I hope Cardiff crash and burn and if that means a fruitless season for Bobby then so be it.

Some might see this as petty but since when were footballing emotions supposed to be rational and balanced?

59 minutes ago, Rich_s said:

Jeez. How small-minded and petty.

21 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

Has our fanbase really gone that placid that people can't understand how others might just be heartbroken seing an adored homegrown player sign for an arch rival? It's not small minded and petty at all, it's raw footballing emotion. Small minded and petty would be somebody wishing ill on Bobby or making threats and nobody has done that.

It's alright to be upset and it's alright not to want to see him do well for Cardiff.

Totally agree with Wandering red here, not petty and small minded. It's called rivalry.

Just imagine (almost impossible I know) that the fake sheik really was worth £6 billion and the blue few made it to the promised land. Bobby signs for them, dons the 'famous' blue and white quarters, and starts singing that awful dirge about the dead prostitute. What then? Oh good luck in the Premier league Bobby, 'cos you're one of our own? No, **** him. :grr:

Anyway, Colin will probably get sacked by Christmas and Bobby will get loaned out to Derby or Stoke

OK so Bobby has gone to arch enemies Cardiff.

After one sensational season, and with a year left on his contract, put yourselves in his shoes. When might you ever get the chance again to play in the prem,  quadruple your wages and probably secure your financial future?

Is Bobby really going to think, "I can't do this because the City fans will feel really let down to see one of their academy players go across the bridge after City stayed loyal to me all those years"?

Similarly, are City going to worry about fans' reaction to the move, and letting an academy player go to Cardiff, when they are offered the best part of £10m for a player who has had just one decent season in his time here and who would leave for nothing at the end of next season?

I'm not saying that some players will have a sense of loyalty to a club, and particularly the club where they grew up, but for clubs and players these days they are working in a big business, and sometimes/most times they have to make business decisions where the head has to rule the heart.

Players aren't fans, so won't see things they way we do.

Guess it shows that we all have different views / tolerances on these things.  Each to their own.

Personally I hope he does well there, but Cardiff struggle, but I can see why others want him to fail.  I think he might have had a better opportunity to succeed at other lower Prem clubs, but they obviously didn’t offer £9m + £1m.

I still like to see how the majority of our ex-players do.

7 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

I have that feeling too, not sure that Club is the right fit for him. 

Their bid of £10m made Cardiff the right fit for us.

Presumably a premier league team offering to quadruple his wages convinced Bobby that they were the right fit for him.

Not saying money is everything but............

23 minutes ago, RedM said:

So we have Cardiff fans queueing up to gloat that they got their boy. Do we want a forum full of that or doesn’t it bother you? 

Is that to me RedM?  It doesn’t really bother me.  I just scroll down.  We did the same with Taylor.

34 minutes ago, RedM said:

So we have Cardiff fans queueing up to gloat that they got their boy. Do we want a forum full of that or doesn’t it bother you? 

It doesn't bother me . It is what it is .

We sold a player for a good fee that we're investing in the club .

We move on . I wish Bobby good luck as his good luck will be ours in terms of a sell on and prestige for our academy ( which adds further value to our academy players ) .

So if a few opposition fans try a wind up on here why worry ? 

It was just a general comment, to no one in particular. I personally usually let the more reasoned fans post, I quite like hearing from opposition fans but there has been a few recently clearly out to provoke. If it’s just going to turn into abuse (from both sides) within a few posts it’s probably not worth it.

41 minutes ago, RedM said:

The only reason Cardiff fans are lining up to gloat is because there are so many City fans overreacting and they know they will get nibbles.

If we all said, okay fair enough a young Bristolian gets a shot at the Prem, a big pay rise, doesn't have to travel far and earned the club a nice fee so he goes with our best wishes (which is the correct mentality) then there wouldn't be many Cardiff fans trying to generate such a reaction.

You have to only go back to last summer when people were losing their minds that he was our replacement for Kodja "sack the manager and board, were getting relegated" to see why he doesn't owe us anything. 

I'm not saying he ever did anything before last season to earn our admiration but he also didn't do anything to receive half the abuse he got either.

Regardless i hope he does well, I've got Cardiff supporting mates who I've had to endure all last season and while i'm hopeful they come straight back down and start wearing red again i do hope Bobby goes on to be a success.

Rumour has it Colin’s looking at going 442 with Reid partnering Zohore which would probably work better than Reid playing as the striker in a 433 with Colin’s long ball tactics. Do I think he’ll do well? I don’t expect Cardiff to stay up but I expect Reid will get atleast 5 for his side and a decent amount of assists aswell.

17 hours ago, GrahamC said:

When’s he joining a side with a bit more creativity then?

Cardiff earned more points than us but sides in the bottom six were more creative than them.

Had the lowest amount of possession bar Bolton last season, the fewest passes, most headers and second most fouls. 

Creativity? Nah.

To answer the original question genuinely don’t give a **** how he does, dead to me now.

Look up these stats if you'd like...

Cardiff are top of the offensive table, the defensive table, and the detailed table.

https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/7/Seasons/6848/Stages/16231/TeamStatistics/England-Championship-2017-2018

But obviously these are wrong because teams in the bottom 6 created more..

Just because we didn't play 30 passes to get to the halfway line like you lot did, means absolutely **** all.

16 minutes ago, BlueDredd said:

Look up these stats if you'd like...

Cardiff are top of the offensive table, the defensive table, and the detailed table.

https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/7/Seasons/6848/Stages/16231/TeamStatistics/England-Championship-2017-2018

But obviously these are wrong because teams in the bottom 6 created more..

Just because we didn't play 30 passes to get to the halfway line like you lot did, means absolutely **** all.

Who are you banking on scoring the goals to keep you up next season? 

3 minutes ago, Super said:

Who are you banking on scoring the goals to keep you up next season? 

We didn't bank on anyone last season. We've just had so much pace up top that the likes of Hoilett, Mendez-Laing constantly causing problems that we have players pop up from everywhere with goals.

This season we've added more pace and creativity with Josh Murphy & Bobby Reid. I'm sure Zohore will be up for it.. But after chatting to Warnock at a charity dinner last week, he says we're looking at another striker.

Don't forget our threat from corners also. I'm sure we'll nick a couple from set plays.

16 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Can you blame him though? He may never get another chance at Premier league football and he has to hope that a good season with Cardiff will see a bigger club like Fulham or Bournemouth potentially come in for him... 

one of the best putdowns I've heard in a long while, I commend you.

5 hours ago, The Warnock way said:

Seems like any posts relating to the premier league Team Cardiff get a lot of bitter replies, why can’t  you  just be happy for us? :bounce: bobby is a bluebird now move on :rofl2br:

when we inevitably one day are a bigger club than you again, and believe me we will be, and nick one of your best players, don't with your second ever post on here moan. 

1 hour ago, BlueDredd said:

We didn't bank on anyone last season. We've just had so much pace up top that the likes of Hoilett, Mendez-Laing constantly causing problems that we have players pop up from everywhere with goals.

This season we've added more pace and creativity with Josh Murphy & Bobby Reid. I'm sure Zohore will be up for it.. But after chatting to Warnock at a charity dinner last week, he says we're looking at another striker.

Don't forget our threat from corners also. I'm sure we'll nick a couple from set plays.

I'm sure you and your fans are expecting another really tough season in the PL. Like  all newly promoted clubs you'll be seen as the whipping boys by every other club but at least you have the vastly experienced Colin whose been there before and will know what'll be needed to survive.

Whilst I thought Bobby was good for us last season I am not convinced he will make it in the PL and will be very much a bit part player.  Hopefully he will prove me wrong. Either way take the money while it is on offer and set yourself up for life.

4 hours ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

The only reason Cardiff fans are lining up to gloat is because there are so many City fans overreacting and they know they will get nibbles.

If we all said, okay fair enough a young Bristolian gets a shot at the Prem, a big pay rise, doesn't have to travel far and earned the club a nice fee so he goes with our best wishes (which is the correct mentality) then there wouldn't be many Cardiff fans trying to generate such a reaction.

Archived