IGNORED

Bobby Reid in the Premier League

reddogkev

1 hour ago, Rich_s said:

I think he'll do quite well, especially in a side with a bit more creativity. He has a decent first touch and a knack for finding space. Though he doesn't have blistering pace he's no slouch either. Look forward to seeing him on MOTD. I think he'll be the surprise package in the prem next season and be in the top ten goal scorers.

When’s he joining a side with a bit more creativity then?

Cardiff earned more points than us but sides in the bottom six were more creative than them.

Had the lowest amount of possession bar Bolton last season, the fewest passes, most headers and second most fouls. 

Creativity? Nah.

To answer the original question genuinely don’t give a **** how he does, dead to me now.

1 hour ago, Spoons said:

Not even sure he will have 10 appearances let alone 10 goals. Not sure how he fits in to a Neil warnock team? 

Maybe @BS4 on Tour... might know? He's a expert on all things warnock .

I agree with @JonDolman - Warnock will probably have to adapt Cardiff’s system to accommodate Bobby - but his work rate, commitment and willingness to cover every blade will sit well with Neil’s demands for non stop effort. I do think Bobby will find the premier league a difficult place initially - and I know it’s been said repeatedly by alot of people on here - but he has only had one good season and now has a big price tag around his neck....it’s a massive season for Bobby...but he ain’t our player anymore so I’m not gonna think about it too much....

27 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I agree with @JonDolman - Warnock will probably have to adapt Cardiff’s system to accommodate Bobby - but his work rate, commitment and willingness to cover every blade will sit well with Neil’s demands for non stop effort. I do think Bobby will find the premier league a difficult place initially - and I know it’s been said repeatedly by alot of people on here - but he has only had one good season and now has a big price tag around his neck....it’s a massive season for Bobby...but he ain’t our player anymore so I’m not gonna think about it too much....

The more I think about it the more I think Warnock went for him to upset us as much as wanting him for his team, like we did with Taylor.  Cardiff don’t play Bobby Reid type football, so are they really going to rip it up to accommodate one player? 

The lure of the Premiership and location was too much for Bobby to resist, Cardiff might be straight back down and/or Warnock gone so he had to grab his chance now, I understand that. But I don’t think even Bobby knows what will happen next season, or hand on heart if he made the right move.

He's got good technical ability though, plus work rate- could he get assists?

His ability to be the trigger for the press could stand him in decent stead, dunno if there's the supply line for him to get many. (OTOH, Warnock's QPR and Sheffield United not that bad to watch but that's basically it in 30 years)!

I predict he will work hard, get a handful of goals, handful of assists, generally do alright individually in terms of player ratings- but in that setup won't stand much of a chance of a decent return.

Hope he does really well, show our academy lads that the Prem is achievable and potential youngsters that our academy can produce top flight players. Also cannot harm us if he's scoring and we get the odd mention. Also, hope he does well for his own sake, it;s been his dream to play top flight football, really hope he grabs the chance and it's as good as he hoped.

Shame he went to Baadiff, not just for the fact i hate them, but I think could have looked good in the prem in the right ball playing team.

As for the head slapping, the amount he is now being paid and the PR guy says can you just do this for the camera, what is he going to say, sorry a few on OTIB are going to have a hissy fit so I can't, or yes of course, but not for long as the Bentley sales guy is waiting

He played against the mighty Tavistock AFC - not that preseason matters that much, but seems he had a good game.

Reid looking lively

Reid is a livewire, popping up on both flanks as he drifts from his no.10 position. Cardiff will hope the former Bristol City star can link up with Madine tonight.

GOAL! Tavistock 0 Cardiff 4

4-0! Bobby Reid rounds off another team move to slot home. Cardiff just too quick for the Lambs here. That was lightning.

Reid still looking lively

Hoilett nearly latches onto a fine ball to the back post there, Cunningham has been heavily involved in this half. Reid goes through and almost scores but he’s flagged offside.

Reid has potentially been Cardiff’s brightest player tonight, albeit against much inferior opposition. Fair play to Tavistock who have held the visitors at arms length for the last 10 minutes or so. An incredible save denies Madine a hat-trick!

Another chance goes begging

Sensational cross-field ball from Reid into Hoilett who forces another good save from the Tavistock keeper.

2 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Alright, so two shouts for a 5 goal return, and Sparkz, you think he'd be lucky to score that number?  Didn't he run Man City ragged last season?

I'm definitely seeing 10-12 goals as a probable return. 

Let’s see what happens 5 goals I’m going for hope he proves me wrong 

27 minutes ago, Sparkz 76 said:

Reid will slip into the football wilderness now and end up a league one player. One good season in 6 and bailed at the first chance he got

Can you blame him though? He may never get another chance at Premier league football and he has to hope that a good season with Cardiff will see a bigger club like Fulham or Bournemouth potentially come in for him... 

20 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well he showed that for one season anyway....

Interesting point. This thread suggests everything from him getting 10+ goals, down to obscurity (but based on Cardiff being poor).

Could it be that this was actually a flash in the pan season for Bobby, and weve sold Cardiff an expensive dud?!

We can dream eh 

7 minutes ago, Bernard Lerring said:

Interesting point. This thread suggests everything from him getting 10+ goals, down to obscurity (but based on Cardiff being poor).

Could it be that this was actually a flash in the pan season for Bobby, and weve sold Cardiff an expensive dud?!

We can dream eh 

Well, Bobby has only had one good season in his entire career....there is no reason to be believe he can replicate his exploits of last season in the premier league...

18 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well, Bobby has only had one good  goalscoring season in his entire career....there is no reason to be believe he can replicate his exploits of last season in the premier league...

True and I'd be surprised if he gets to start much for Cardiff in the PL.

I supect he'll be a bench warmer. Not that I'm remotely interested.

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I agree, but I’m sure the signing on fee (typically 15% of the transfer fee) and the salary increase will soften any disappointment....

Depends on the contract signed.  There are many inducements a player can get, there’s some good answers here:

https://www.quora.com/Do-football-players-get-a-cut-of-the-transfer-fee-paid-for-by-their-new-team

3 hours ago, Sparkz 76 said:

Reid will slip into the football wilderness now and end up a league one player. One good season in 6 and bailed at the first chance he got

Not so sure. Based on last season alone, he probably secured at least 3 potential years in the championship. 

The thought of one of our own with the talent and work rate of Bobby wearing a Cardiff shirt makes me feel physically sick. Nothing against the lad personally but I have no desire to follow his progress or hope he does well. I hope Cardiff crash and burn and if that means a fruitless season for Bobby then so be it.

Some might see this as petty but since when were footballing emotions supposed to be rational and balanced?

8 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well, Bobby has only had one good season in his entire career....there is no reason to be believe he can replicate his exploits of last season in the premier league...

No reason not to either . 

He is a bloody good player . There's more to him than goal scoring and he can only get better with experience.

Oh ye  of little faith.

Archived