IGNORED

Bobby Reid in the Premier League

reddogkev

24 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I'm sure you and your fans are expecting another really tough season in the PL. Like  all newly promoted clubs you'll be seen as the whipping boys by every other club but at least you have the vastly experienced Colin whose been there before and will know what'll be needed to survive.

You lot have  been saying you’re be bigger than us for years, a long way to go yet..:laugh:

10 minutes ago, The Warnock way said:

You lot have  been saying you’re be bigger than us for years, a long way to go yet..:laugh:

Have we?         :dunno:

Im not aware of that kind of sentiment.

Here in Bristol we don't have a serious rival so Cardiff being the closest club geographically gets the label. Add to that the fact that Colin has a substantial history with Bristol City and you can why there's no love lost between our two clubs.

20 minutes ago, The Warnock way said:

You know, I don't think there's one City fan who would want to change places with you .

From your dodgy managers to your fun loving  colour changing Mr Tan , your skillful and entertaining style of play and your season of humiliation in the Prem that's going to repeat itself , not one genuine City fan would swap. 

So as they say ' size isn't everything ' , you are edging it  in terms of seasons in the Prem but in every other way you are small , petty and lacking in class. 

Good luck to Bobby , perhaps he can show you the right way to do things .

25 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

You know, I don't think there's one City fan who would want to change places with you .

From your dodgy managers to your fun loving  colour changing Mr Tan , your skillful and entertaining style of play and your season of humiliation in the Prem that's going to repeat itself , not one genuine City fan would swap. 

So as they say ' size isn't everything ' , you are edging it  in terms of seasons in the Prem but in every other way you are small , petty and lacking in class. 

Good luck to Bobby , perhaps he can show you the right way to do things .

Tan is learning from his mistakes so he deserves some credit, yes  you do have a decent chairman who loves the club BUT he still hasn’t taken you to the next level, no doubt you’ll be world beaters before Xmas then implode as usual after  Mind you we’re not there to burst your bubble this time so you might even make play offs.

You lot were creaming your pants about him last year. Shame you bottled it and imploded after December. Maybe if you had a decent manager you might even stuck around to have a go at the play offs. when Cardiff played the same type of defensive football and hit them on the break just like England did. But WARNOCK is anti football. But we can't  all play the same tippy happy football like you and slide down the table faster than a firemans pole

Can see this turning into a nightmare for bobby...will no doubt be a starter first 10 games of season but can see him struggling as well as Cardiff they will be a striker in jan with bobby being relegated to bench and he will be back in championship this time next year...has Nicky Maynard to West Ham written all over it

On ‎18‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 10:34, Spike said:

Tammy struggled at that level and arguably had better players around him, I think Bobby is going to really struggle.

One thing for sure, it's going to be fascinating to find out and watch to see how he does.

It will take a gigantic miracle to keep the Welsh team in the Premier League.  Bobby will not be their miracle.

57 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

One thing for sure, it's going to be fascinating to find out and watch to see how he does.

It will take a gigantic miracle to keep the Welsh team in the Premier League.  Bobby will not be their miracle.

Not sure it will, not exactly unheard of at all for a newly promoted side to stay up. All three managed it last year. 

Thing is, I think Reid has a better all-round game than Tammy at this stage.

Not saying he wouldn't struggle but could easily see him scoring a few goals and a few assists- say he got 5 of each, that would not be a terrible return. 

I wish Cardiff no good fortune but will still be interesting to see how Reid fares.

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Not sure it will, not exactly unheard of at all for a newly promoted side to stay up. All three managed it last year. 

Interesting point, and you're quite right - for me it is Huddersfield that were most surprising last season.

I can understand Rafa keeping Newcastle up, and Brighton looked a decent team, so no surprise there.

I would be gobsmacked if Warnock's style and antics keeps Cardiff in the league.  I would say there is no chance whatsoever.

I'm in the ambivalent group as it's Cardiff. Anywhere else and I would wish Bobby the best but I can't bring myself to wish him well there. Probably old fashioned I appreciate but I hope they crash and burn, badly. 

If he moved on after their relegation, I would hope he scores loads. 

32 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Interesting point, and you're quite right - for me it is Huddersfield that were most surprising last season.

I can understand Rafa keeping Newcastle up, and Brighton looked a decent team, so no surprise there.

I would be gobsmacked if Warnock's style and antics keeps Cardiff in the league.  I would say there is no chance whatsoever.

I wouldn't ever write off someone as experienced as Warnock. Like him or not, he's successful and I think any team with him as manager will have a fighting chance.

On 17/07/2018 at 17:30, longyears said:

Scott Murray had one dream season and look what happened to him !

A shining example of what can happen to a City legend, spending your golden years washing Bailey Wright's shorts. Be careful not to use too much starch.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Thing is, I think Reid has a better all-round game than Tammy at this stage.

Not saying he wouldn't struggle but could easily see him scoring a few goals and a few assists- say he got 5 of each, that would not be a terrible return. 

I wish Cardiff no good fortune but will still be interesting to see how Reid fares.

Glad someone else sees this - Reid is a better footballer than Abraham for me.

Tammy’s touch and finishing will have to improve big time if he’s going to score regularly at the top level.

He has got the one thing you can’t really teach, though - world-class movement.

On 18/07/2018 at 10:34, Spike said:

Tammy struggled at that level and arguably had better players around him, I think Bobby is going to really struggle.

Swansea didn't play to Tammy's strengths, Cardiff seemingly will be using Bobby to his, it will be all about the team effort next year rather than how many Bobby can score.

16 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

Glad someone else sees this - Reid is a better footballer than Abraham for me.

Tammy’s touch and finishing will have to improve big time if he’s going to score regularly at the top level.

He has got the one thing you can’t really teach, though - world-class movement.

I mean, he's only 20 Tammy- he's already done a decent amount for a player of his age, he can easily improve on these if he puts the work in at this stage of his career, whereas Reid is 25 and in the next couple of years will be approaching peak years (IMO).

Reid has an advantage in this sense as we know because he was a converted midfielder- so had the technical ability and the workrate/ability to drop back that we saw, especially when he triggered the press with Paterson behind. Like 1 and a half players in some respects IMO.

Tammy has brilliant movement though as you say and this will stand him in good stead moving forward.

13 minutes ago, hodge said:

Swansea didn't play to Tammy's strengths, Cardiff seemingly will be using Bobby to his, it will be all about the team effort next year rather than how many Bobby can score.

What are Tammy's strengths though and how did it mesh with Swansea?

All good saying that, but Swansea are/were a side who played 4-3-3/5-4-1 in fact a variety of setups but in general were not a 2 striker team.

Ayew can (and I stress at this stage of his career as opposed to any trajectory moving forward) play the lone striker role better. So he got the nod for the team more often. Tammy? He might be capable of it but the key word there is 'might'. I get the feeling that Tammy's strengths at that stage were in a 4-4-2, and this wasn't compatible to how Swansea wanted or needed to play.

12 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

What are Tammy's strengths though and how did it mesh with Swansea?

All good saying that, but Swansea are/were a side who played 4-3-3/5-4-1 in fact a variety of setups but in general were not a 2 striker team.

Ayew can (and I stress at this stage of his career as opposed to any trajectory moving forward) play the lone striker role better. So he got the nod for the team more often. Tammy? He might be capable of it but the key word there is 'might'. I get the feeling that Tammy's strengths at that stage were in a 4-4-2, and this wasn't compatible to how Swansea wanted or needed to play.

Pretty much exactly says what I said, Tammy's biggest strength was put the ball into him anywhere near the penalty spot and he'd usually tuck it away, Swansea more relied on him for hold up play, the fact they played with 5 at the back really didn't help either as the full backs push on enough to help with attacking play. Cardiff will probably play a lot without the ball, Bobby's work rate off the ball will be a key factor in this for them next season.

1 minute ago, hodge said:

Pretty much exactly says what I said, Tammy's biggest strength was put the ball into him anywhere near the penalty spot and he'd usually tuck it away, Swansea more relied on him for hold up play, the fact they played with 5 at the back really didn't help either as the full backs push on enough to help with attacking play. Cardiff will probably play a lot without the ball, Bobby's work rate off the ball will be a key factor in this for them next season.

A lone striker in a 5-4-1 type setup has to do more- that's why Ayew was lone striker more often. In your view what's the best set-up for Tammy at this stage of his career?

Agree on Reid and how he's likely to fit into Cardiff- though a radical departure from that could be their 4-3-3 but with a twist- Reid dropping off behind the wingers who would be pushed wider and higher- sort of a false 9 almost but in a counter-attacking context.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

A lone striker in a 5-4-1 type setup has to do more- that's why Ayew was lone striker more often. In your view what's the best set-up for Tammy at this stage of his career?

Agree on Reid and how he's likely to fit into Cardiff- though a radical departure from that could be their 4-3-3 but with a twist- Reid dropping off behind the wingers who would be pushed wider and higher- sort of a false 9 almost but in a counter-attacking context.

Not saying they don't have to do more, but was just a case of saying Swansea didn't/couldn't utilise his biggest strength which gave the idea he struggled at premier league level, put him in another team where he got delivery into the box around the spot and I think he'd come out of it a lot better. Cardiff could go 433, means they could go 451 off the ball and try to be harder to break down, Bobby's work rate would probably be alright up top alone to press.

I saw a truly horrible sight this morning. I was parked next to Liskeard Athletic`s ground just as the Cardiff squad were training on it (they play them in a friendly tomorrow) and to see Bobby running around in their horrible blue...………………………………...:shocking:

I didn`t see fat boy though, have they moved him on? They do nice pasties in the clubhouse though so he may have been in there.

I wish Bobby the best but to see him in that kit...………….!

Archived