IGNORED

Tannoy - will it be audible?

Robbored

9 minutes ago, Spoons said:

It was fine last season in E30 and this season in W2 it's fine.

Something for the usual grumpy gits to complain about.

I'm not complaining...just observing that at the back of Dolman Block 32 it's completely inaudible. I've got perfect hearing...and can't understand a word that's said. Doesn't bother me particularly, but I can't understand why the club pay a bloke to mumble before the match and during half-time...or interview the manager...LJ may as well be speaking Swahili for all we heard of his pre-match interview. It's pitiful..not fit for purpose.

20 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

I'm not complaining...just observing that at the back of Dolman Block 32 it's completely inaudible. I've got perfect hearing...and can't understand a word that's said. Doesn't bother me particularly, but I can't understand why the club pay a bloke to mumble before the match and during half-time...or interview the manager...LJ may as well be speaking Swahili for all we heard of his pre-match interview. It's pitiful..not fit for purpose.

Yep.

Obviously know our players well enough (even the new ones) to work out our subs, but had absolutely no idea who Forest’s were (managed to guess one was Lewis Grabban) due to the abysmal sound quality.

@Robbored & I don’t often agree, but he is spot on here, it is pathetic & presumably a health & safety risk..

At some point - hopefully sooner rather than later, the club will agree that the PA System isn't fit for purpose and they will upgrade it completely.

I would imagine there is a big difference between some bloke saying 'one two, one two, testing testing, one two' in an empty stadium on a Monday afternoon to that of those expecting the club to proactively seeking to understand the performance of a performer trying to deliver a message at five to three on a match day.

Either the staff employed to deliver the message aren't good enough, or the system they are using isn't good enough. Or it's a combination of the two.

@Mkelly @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO

Can you try and come up with a strategy to deal with this?

Appreciate it isn't a desirable spend - upgrades are rarely something to get excited about when compared to something new, but there is a genuine concern here.

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

My issue is that this is a long standing problem that the club have done absolutely bugger all to rectify despite many complaints.

Its downright negligence  and shoddy from those in charge.

Three bloody years it's been like this.........ffs............:disapointed2se:

Oh..you actually want to HEAR the announcements,, That will cost you a surcharge !

I dont think its anything to do with the person that's using it..Its either one of the two 1) The actual ground design itself that's effecting the acoustics.ie materials or weather which means wind etc or 2) The system itself along with loudspeakers set up isn't up to the job.

It really wouldn't be the Bristol City we all love if we had a working tannoy system.  Come on it took us over a century to get reasonable toilets.  It took over quarter of a century to fix the hole in 'the old stand's' roof.  And don't start me on the length of the gap playing top flight football. 

City is City however much the powers, that temporarily be, try to rebrand it.  

We are the ultimate underdogs, the ultimate sleeping giant etc etc.

Archived