IGNORED

Lee Johnson - Time To Go

Londoner

Just now, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

No.

Do I care that I wasnt? Also no.

Does it make me any 'less' of a fan? also no.

What's your point?  or are you going to claim I cant be a fan because I wasnt there or some variant thereof?

Of course it doesn’t make you ‘less of a fan’

The point is you’re criticising people’s observations when you havnt seen what went on ?

Is that difficult ?

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Problem is get rid of him now (And that won’t happen anytime soon)

And we are left with a large squad full of players that he’s signed and still lacking real quality

And no doubt with j mcallister or Lois  Carey in charge 

4 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

3 games in and your still using last seasons results to self flagellate, to remind and enforce the view that we're rubbish. 

You've written off 40 odd games to go and decided that's it.

You understand how depression and negative forecasts work?because that's exactly what the main of the forum are doing currently.

I'm not joking about the MH aspect, there's actually happier and more supportive places on boards dealing with abuse and depression than here.

If all you want to do is look downward and be a victim great. But this place has seriously got to look at how thoroughly miserable it is right now and start to move away from forever destroying itself 

If you’re hoping to change OTIB you’re in for a tough ride!

Take a break....

Of course emotions are high right now as people are having to re-adjust expectations after an upheaval of a summer and a slow start to the season.

Reality is kicking in on here that we won’t challenge the top 6 this year and the reaction is for all to see.

Some will say we are relegation candidates, but in my opinion it is far, far too soon in a new season, with several new players, to say that.

I’m not being happy clappy by saying this, we will be ‘fine’ this season, you can hold me to that. If we carry on playing as we have we will start winning games.

3 key players to come back and a lot of football still to be played.

A couple of wins and the mood will inevitably change here, the question is will the frustrated City fans be content with a mid-table season after last year? Well no. 

Is ‘fine’ good enough?? 

And more importantly will SL accept fine? Well no...but as his transfer policy sold 3 of the managers’ best players this summer, I suspect he won’t be pulling the plug on LJ anytime soon.

Just now, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

3 games in and your still using last seasons results to self flagellate, to remind and enforce the view that we're rubbish. tippy tappy

You understand how depression and negative forecasts work?because that's exactly what the main of the forum are doing currently.

I'm not joking about the MH aspect, there's actually happier and more supportive places on boards dealing with abuse and depression than here.

If all you want to do is look downward and be a victim great. But this place has seriously got to look at how thoroughly miserable it is right now and start to move away from forever destroying itself 

Nothing negative about it!  You only have to look at the stats and the results to realise what could have been and what actually happened last season. This is continuing already this season,  that's why our best three players left,  they could see that they would never progress with this club,  under this set up. Just continue with your happy clapping,  because mark my words this season is going to be another fight to avoid relegation.  LJ has said he is not going to bring another striker in, so it seems he is not going to bring another CB in either, my view on this, is that he is happy with our very weak defence and he thinks that playing tippy tappy pretty football in midfield is going to solve the problems with the attack and the defence, when all this does is allow the opposing team to pack their defence and score on breakaways. How many times has this happened last season and already this season. I'm telling it as I see it and unless something is done before the loan window closes, then by Christmas we will be close to or even in the relegation zone.  Hope you enjoy the ride!

19 hours ago, Alessandro said:

The question we were talking about was whether LJ deserves credit for turning Bobby into a forward from a midfielder.

And I simply posted it was not a shining example of deliberate progress. Others clearly agree on this thread. 

LJ Post match interview

Apologises for first half performance which he says was soft

Huff n puff

First goal ‘horrendous defending ‘

Reason we couldn’t compete physically because we don’t have the resources with the injuries

Second half we gave it a go 

Says he’s a fan as well

Says FA ‘did us’ on Diedhiou

Admits we need to go to the (Loan) market (for a centre back) but won’t be for certain

Baileys return keeps getting put back

Baker  had injection in ankle

Moore on way back

Hegeler a million miles away

12 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

3 games in and your still using last seasons results to self flagellate, to remind and enforce the view that we're rubbish. 

I think you maybe conflating two issues?  If you want a depression help board then there are plenty out there, as there are a number of charity and NHS services.  I honestly appeal that if anyone here needs help then there are plenty of understanding places to go to.

However that doesn't help the fact that our form is shit and you can't just start the new season afresh when we've had these runs before.

Who's playing the victim?  The people happy to go down with the ship or those that want to call the coastguard?

6 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

So we're ignoring the fact that LJ went 20 games with 3 wins, 2 against crippled teams.

We're supposed go ignore the fact that LJ has had these runs at every clubs hes been at and both full seasons in charge of us?

We're supposed to ignore the fact that on players signed by LJ and Ashton, in a club with our smaller budget, have us down by £3m?

The wasted wages on the likes of Eliasson, O'Neill, Kent, Diony, Woodrow, Djuric, Steele, Walsh, 

We're ignoring the fact the same issues persist? Conceding soft goals, allowing crosses too easily into our box? Defending too narrow? Too slow to close down? Playing players out of their natural position? Playing players out of form?

Difference now is. It's definitely Johnson's squad. Hunt and Webster have been here for 6 weeks almost.

Same issues, but worse, at the moment.

Sorry Ralph. I understand the want to look through a new lens, but there's no evidence to suggest the scenario is going to improve any time soon.

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

LJ Post match interview

Huff n puff

Reason we couldn’t compete physically because we don’t have the resources with the injuries

Says he’s a fan as well

Admits we need to go to the (Loan) market (for a centre back) but won’t be for certain

Moore on way back

Blah blah blah... same old crap 

6 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

LJ Post match interview

Huff n puff

Says he’s a fan as well

Moore on way back

Hegeler a million miles away. There were utter numpties talking about this sick note being the answer to our defensive woes.

Smell the coffee!

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I guess he anticipated Baker being fit sooner.

Think Wright seems to be the fly in ointment

Johnson said he keeps getting told hes heading back only to be then told there’s a further set back

Just now, REDOXO said:

Hegeler a million miles away. There were utter numpties talking about this sick note being the answer to our defensive woes.

Smell the coffee!

Does make me laugh he even gets mentioned

Not the answer to anything if %100 fit 

IMHO

Just now, ForeverRes said:

Sell the best LB in the league, sell one of the best CB's in the league, sell one of the best strikers in the league. 

We didn't recruit and replace to the same quality.

What did everyone expect? 

Did you lot honestly believe we would be better this year? 

No, and we were right. So what's the point of the new stadium and BS?

3 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

Sell the best LB in the league, sell one of the best CB's in the league, sell one of the best strikers in the league. 

Well 

As we had 20 odd million back in the kitty and plenty of time to plan - I didn’t expect us to look a complete and utter shambles and relegation material  in the third game of the season personally

2 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

This is stated a lot.

We sold all of them to clubs with much bigger budgets. It happens to more than us. Of course they were not replaced with players of the same quality...we are not buying premier league players.

We have however spent more than enough to be ‘ok’. It is LJs ability to team build that is a much bigger worry to me, 

Teams like Preston seem to sell one or two of their best every year, but recruit well, and seem to stay competitive. We, less so.

11 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Well 

As we had 20 odd million back in the kitty and plenty of time to plan - I didn’t expect us to look a complete and utter shambles and relegation material  in the third game of the season personally

Yep agreed. But I'm questioning where people's frustrations lie?

Is it fair to slam Johnson? Or the Board? 

10 minutes ago, cityexile said:

This is stated a lot.

We sold all of them to clubs with much bigger budgets. It happens to more than us. Of course they were not replaced with players of the same quality...we are not buying premier league players.

We have however spent more than enough to be ‘ok’. It is LJs ability to team build that is a much bigger worry to me, 

Teams like Preston seem to sell one or two of their best every year, but recruit well, and seem to stay competitive. We, less so.

We are ok. First two games we've looked more than ok.

We lost today to a tesm you refer to, bigger budgets/ bigger club etc. But everyone is losing their heads and questioning why we aren't beating them? 

You can't have it both ways 

Archived