IGNORED

Lee Johnson - Time To Go

Londoner

I think Lee could do a good job as first team coach under a good manager.

I just don't think he has the man management, judgement of players and ability to motivate and influence the team that is needed to succeed as the leader of a club.

He seems to make bizarre team and substitution decisions. It needs someone who is a clear thinker who can read a game and be pragmatic. Just feels like he is an idealist and while he means well I doubt his ability to deliver any consistency because I think he is winging it from game to game.

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

What convinces you that Lee Johnson is the right man ?

I'm not totally convinced if he's the right man. Nor am I totally convinced he's the wrong man. Having said that, he obviously did something right in the first half of last season... and in 15/16 when he steered us clear of relegation.

21 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

LLLLLDWLDDDLWLDWDLLWLDDLDDLL

Work that out!!!

Most normal owners world seen LJ sacked months ago. 

Most normal owners don't sack managers in the same season that they get their second division club to the League Cup semi-final

3 minutes ago, J D said:

I'm not totally convinced if he's the right man. Nor am I totally convinced he's the wrong man. Having said that, he obviously did something right in the first half of last season... and in 15/16 when he steered us clear of relegation.

And in 16/17 we sealed our place in this division in the penultimate game 

ADEN FLINT 

“I just felt it was time to progress my career. I’m 29 and, with no disrespect to Bristol City,

I felt it was a better chance and opportunity to get promoted to the Premier League and play top-flight football.”

“When someone like Tony Pulis says ‘I want you to come and play centre-half for me’ and shows that desire to sign you, that’s also a big factor. He’s vastly experienced – he knows what he wants and he gets it.”

THE BIGGEST DIG YET AGAINST THE CURRENT MANAGER 

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

And in 16/17 we sealed our place in this division in the penultimate game 

Yep.

LJ clearly has his flaws but he must be good at something

Just now, Dolman Block B said:

Really?

I disagree 

Take the league cup games out of the occasion and the manager had done piss poor since the turn of the year

Thata a fact 

That's true, but looking at the bigger picture we finished higher in the league than we had since 2009/10 I believe

Why do people go on about the profit made on summer sales?  We was something like 14 million loss the previous season, so the profit made will no doubt go towards funding any loss in revenue last season. If we stay in the black because of the sales then again next summer (can’t see how with transfer on current players) then we can do a Wolves and blow a wad in a gamble. 

Unless that is you want SL to fund us every season? 

4 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Why do people go on about the profit made on summer sales?  We was something like 14 million loss the previous season, so the profit made will no doubt go towards funding any loss in revenue last season. If we stay in the black because of the sales then again next summer (can’t see how with transfer on current players) then we can do a Wolves and blow a wad in a gamble. 

Unless that is you want SL to fund us every season? 

Or lee Johnson makes signings that will make us a profit instead of pissing it down the drain

I honestly do wonder what some of our fans expectations are for us, we are a small fish in an ever increasing big pond, the money some of the clubs are throwing about in this league is incredible, that’s transfer fee’s and some downright crazy wages, we are nowhere near capable of competing with the big clubs in this league. Yes our form has been shite, but from what I have seen so far from us this season, we will be more than comfortable, get these injured players back and we’ll be fine.

3 minutes ago, Neo said:

In the 18/19 season it is 1 defeat in 3 games (but alas no wins yet).

Surely if it is relevant that we have lost players this season and it is a new squad then what happened last season is irrelevant?

( Not picking on you in particular Neo)

But this has been churned out time and time again recently and 

I might be on my own but it’s driving me bonkers

How can last years (overall) performance and LJs management , use of resources ,recruitment and sales,tactics etc etc last season (And the season before) not be relevant as part of an ongoing assessment of his abilities , flaws , ability to learn or not

:comando:

?

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Course it is,no manager worth their salt would stand for it unless you knew you were the owners golden boy and picking up a decent wage....oh hang on you may have a point 

I see what you're saying but these days it seems to be the Director of Football or a Transfer Committee making the final decision rather than the manager... could be wrong though

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

( Not picking on you in particular Neo)

But this has been churned out time and time again recently and 

I might be on my own but it’s driving me bonkers

How can last years (overall) performance and LJs management , use of resources ,recruitment and sales,tactics etc etc last season (And the season before) not be relevant as part of an ongoing assessment of his abilities , flaws , ability to learn or not

:comando:

?

I want to rate this more than once

as bob points out it simply has to be relevant 

27 minutes ago, J D said:

Weimann and Hunt turned up. Maenpaa too.

Important to remember that Boro are one of the better sides in this division. 

True, but where was the creative midfield player we need. As for Marley Watkins playing as a centre forward, and the Matty Taylor coming on as sub!  That illustrated the shortage of forwards we have. Some people are basing their hopes on the return of  Diédhiou, but what happens if he and Weimann are subsequent injured. During the League 1 promotion season the regular front two were Wilbraham an Agard, but when both were injured JET and Smith took their place with great success. Should Weimann and Diédhiou be both injured we would have the prospect of perm any two from Watkins, Taylor and Eisa. Hardly a prospect to terrify Championship deferences. 

Then there is the quality of the opposition. Middlesbrough may be one of the better sides in the division but, if City want to prosper, then competing against the good teams is a minimum requirement. Even against Bolton, a poor team, City had a lot of possession but still only managed a draw. 

Archived