IGNORED

Nailsea Ramblings

BigTone

9 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

I have never been to Nailsea but I know a lot of City players have lived there over the years. Today it's Portishead and Harbourside I guess..

Do you know about any ex. City players who lives in Nailsea/have lived in Nailsea?

Cheers

Tommy

Millen, Bell and Tinnion all live Nailsea.

27 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

It's not local to me at all. I just enjoy going to the seafront, always have done.

Unpretentious day out, good walk, chips and the Moon and Sixpence, Little Harp and Royal Oak all worth a visit.

I used to eat lunch regularly in the Moon and Sixpence, right opposite the pier. Lovely views of South Wales.......The Little Harp popularity varies as to who is running it. I nad a really poor experience in there once and haven’t been back but apparently it’s changed hands again, so will probably have improved.

17 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

I have never been to Nailsea but I know a lot of City players have lived there over the years. Today it's Portishead and Harbourside I guess..

Do you know about any ex. City players who lives in Nailsea/have lived in Nailsea?

Cheers

Tommy

Shaun  Goater is one

3 hours ago, BigTone said:

You are having a laugh right ?

Portishead population is now around 65’000. 

Everything I remember about Nailsea is no more - Blackfriar Paints my first job on £2.05 an hour, the old barn and many a night spent there  ABB my first job as a graduate, the burnt out car that had ‘welcome to Nailsea written on it’ and most importantly that weird water feature but to the left of the main entrance of Gateway. Wtf was that actually about? 

36 minutes ago, TomF said:

Everything I remember about Nailsea is no more - Blackfriar Paints my first job on £2.05 an hour, the old barn and many a night spent there  ABB my first job as a graduate, the burnt out car that had ‘welcome to Nailsea written on it’ and most importantly that weird water feature but to the left of the main entrance of Gateway. Wtf was that actually about? 

Still there the last time I looked. They’ve just fenced it all off now that’s all. It’s Waitrose now though. 

1 hour ago, TomF said:

do you mean the rusty structure outside boots?that was made of some metal designed to look rusty? if so,i only saw it dribbling a few times,served more as a rubbish bin until it got filled in and the metal work taken away

11 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Did it get named that after my time then I wonder? It was always just pound a pint night. Late 90’s/early 00’s I’m talking 

Not sure, I've always known it as madhouse and that was from same era as you. Gary the old landlord named it that.

Archived