IGNORED

Who Do We Want In The Next Round? (Merged)

handsofclay

1 hour ago, ScottishRed said:

Completely against the rules for loanees to play against their parent club.

Don't think this is a problem.

We play Kallas in Webster's shirt, Palmer in Diony's (won't even need to clean last season's shirt), and, DaSilva in, err, that midget from Fantasy Island shirt.  Sorted!

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Liverpool at AG.

I’d love to see Mo Salah play live.

You do ask for it at times @Robbored. You roll into even the most trivial threads to explain to people why they are wrong. Then you casually ask for a cup tie that requires the reinstatement of Liverpool in the competition. Don't claim it was bants.

;)

49 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Shall I be the first to tell him or does someone else want to?

In fairness, I don't think Wolves win in the last round has been on the OS. :whistle:

2 hours ago, Chris_Brown said:

It is not permitted by the Premier League. In cup competitions it is permitted provided there is a written agreement between the relevant clubs submitted to the EFL. 

It has happened many times but the straw that broke the camel's back for the Premier League to change their rules was LuaLua scoring an 89th minute equaliser for Portsmouth while on loan from Newcastle. 

Only this season in the Carabao Cup against Chelsea did Chelsea loanees play. Mason Mount and Tomori played in the tie. Tomori scored an own goal. Was Chelsea’s decision and imagine it would be down to them again

6 hours ago, Chris_Brown said:

It is not permitted by the Premier League. In cup competitions it is permitted provided there is a written agreement between the relevant clubs submitted to the EFL. 

It has happened many times but the straw that broke the camel's back for the Premier League to change their rules was LuaLua scoring an 89th minute equaliser for Portsmouth while on loan from Newcastle. 

I doff my cap sir, I thought that rule had been changed

14 hours ago, reddogkev said:

I can only imagine.  Although, my old man does often talk fondly of the day he almost got killed by a mob in Chelsea's away end in the 70's.  Guess I want the same sort of tale to tell to my son!

Your old man :laugh:. 

I remember it well our coaches were late so 100 at best. Shout went up North Stand Do Your job and hundreds of them came running across the terrace. 

When we the coaches turned up it got quiet but that was hairy. We lost 1/0 too. 

Archived