IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, cityal said:

Yeah this graph I made a long while ago 100% backs up his point conclusively!! - I can very easily see where he came to the conclusion they would have been the bigger Bristol club had they remained at Eastville  :facepalm: :rofl2br:

They left Eastville in 1986 - and he's right in the fact that since that time they have NEVER been the bigger club (and their grounds have been utter cack)

BUT - In the 20 year period prior to that though they were the bigger club (average attendance wise) just once.
And over the course of nearly 100 years of attendance data they have managed just 14 seasons with better average attendances than us; of those 14 seasons  where they had higher average gates - 8 of them were actually seasons where the average attendance difference was quite close (i.e. were were behind Bristol rovers average attendance, but not drastically so)  

Compare to that to now - they are pulling 7-9K and we are managing 20K+ at every match. On some weekends recently we are getting close to triple their most recent home attendances.

Attendances.jpg

14 seasons.

Facts are a real pain in the ass eh Sagheads?

3 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I don't understand?

We have taken 1700 on both of our last 2 visits to Burton. 

Obviously they ALWAYS travel in much bigger numbers than City....we know this because they tell us (and everyone else) all the time. 

Must be another boycott like all their home games?

Yes, I do believe you are right.

The boycott's against Burton's Wagon Wheels.

8 hours ago, JBFC II said:

According to their forum they are expecting to take around 4-500 for their trip to burton. 

I thought they were the bestest fans in the universe?

And 300 of them are only going cos they overheard someone mention that Gary Johnson was planning on showing his arse in a Burton shop window... Weirdo's!  

12 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Nice graph. Now if somebody could make one showing our relative league positions over the last 100 years, that would be interesting and the size of the 'gap' would be quite striking.

I think (stand to be corrected) that the only time we haven't been either in the same division or one away from Rovers (meaning as now we are Div 2 they are Div 3 so one away) was when they were relegated into firstly Div 4 and then non-league under Nick Higgs.

9 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Not sure - is it all under they same holding company? Ie Dwane Sports ? Surely Wael still owns both and would need to settle both to sell. Or perhaps he’s going to hold onto the ground? 

As I understand Dwane Sports is owed that £12m (not sure if it's quite there yet, maybe in £10m - £11m range as thye've had season ticket sales and player sales and they should be outweighing costs at this stage in the season) and owns 92% of Bristol Rovers 1883 which owns the rest of the group including the ground; without looking I'm not sure if they own it directly or in a subsidiary but I don't think it matters.  Dwane Sports also directly owns the training ground.

I flagged this on Ziderheads as there are two types of sale and they will leave Rovers in very different positions.

1) If Dwane Sports is sold then the new owners get a ground, a training ground, and no debt (as Rovers owes the ?£12m to Dwane Sports, and this would then just be an intercompany balance that cancels out on consoldiation).

This leaves the new owners and Rovers in a strong position

2) If however the sale is of Bristol Rovers 1883 then the new owners get a ground which is mortgaged to the hilt with the £12m debt owed to Dwane Sports and no training ground.  Bristol Rovers 1883 by now (there is a big lead time for the accounts) is likely to have zero or negative net assets.

This is a lame duck club; unable to borrow any more money against its assets and even with serious cost cutting will be losing £600k a year.

If the scenario is (2) then gasheads would do to be very careful about wanting their current owners out.

31 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

1) If Dwane Sports is sold then the new owners get a ground, a training ground, and no debt (as Rovers owes the ?£12m to Dwane Sports, and this would then just be an intercompany balance that cancels out on consoldiation).

This leaves the new owners and Rovers in a strong position

What is the balancing £12m in Dwayne Sports though?  Presumably debt to the Wael family which would need to be cleared as part of the sale transaction.

6 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

What is the balancing £12m in Dwayne Sports though?  Presumably debt to the Wael family which would need to be cleared as part of the sale transaction.

Good point.  I was assuming share capital but being a Channel Islands company I don't actually know.  Your guess of a loan into the company does sound more likely than share capital.

42 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

My guess would be that the price of buying Rovers starts at 12 million plus. 

I don't see why anyone would purchase Bristol Rovers 1883 without buying the facilities that go with it. 

If you take on the loan then you have no net assets, annual loss of £600k, and loan interest of ?£400k.

Marvellous.  Fianncially you would have to be paid big money to take that on.

Whatever happens, I can’t see Dwane/Al Qadi selling the football club for pennies and hanging on to the stadium with an unpaid loan. It seems pretty certain they bought the package in the hope of a property deal that hasn’t worked out, and will want to leave without any significant loss or continuing debt.

53 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

My guess would be that the price of buying Rovers starts at 12 million plus. 

I don't see why anyone would purchase Bristol Rovers 1883 without buying the facilities that go with it. 

The football club is worth no more than a quid. You wouldn't buy limited goodwill and a company that loses a fortune every year, knowing you would need to throw a fortune at it to hopefully progress for any more. 

The real coins sit in the assets that will soon owe the current owners more than they are worth, if Wally and Co walk away with their money back they will have done well.

The only chance they have of turning a profit would be if they were selling to a fan who is desperate to own them.

Taking the 12mil debt, the investment the squad seems to need and the improvements needs to keep them at the Mem for a few more years whilst they try and find a new home, can't imagine there would be much change from 15 or 18 million as a year one payment.

And of course, who knows what will happen to the economy post Brexit...

12 minutes ago, ollywhyte said:

Love this away day review I've just stumbled across. They literally have nothing going for them, I almost feel bad ?

IMG_4740.PNG

That's actually quite shocking, I am struggling to understand how in these days of "Health and Safety gone mad" - (© Daily Mail) that they can erect these "stands". I think there will be questions asked and large lawsuits if anything goes seriously wrong. 

12 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

That's actually quite shocking, I am struggling to understand how in these days of "Health and Safety gone mad" - (© Daily Mail) that they can erect these "stands". I think there will be questions asked and large lawsuits if anything goes seriously wrong. 

Was it the Dolman that used to give out clouds of concrete dust when people did the bounce around the ground?  I'm very glad that was demolished and rebuilt.

History shows us time and again that you compromise on safety at football grounds at your peril and I really hope that they haven't.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

If you take on the loan then you have no net assets, annual loss of £600k, and loan interest of ?£400k.

Marvellous.  Fianncially you would have to be paid big money to take that on.

I think you would buy Dwane for a quid, put £12m cash in and pay off the loan, ie substituting your loan for Al Qadi loan.

But why?  If the Al Qadis cannot get it to work financially, why will anyone else?

22 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

I think you would buy Dwane for a quid, put £12m cash in and pay off the loan, ie substituting your loan for Al Qadi loan.

But why?  If the Al Qadis cannot get it to work financially, why will anyone else?

Someone on there is quoting big money investment into Dagenham and Leyton Orient as if to say that there is almost certainly an oligarch out there slavering at the prospect of acquiring the famous Roverz...

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

Nobody can.  It's not unique to the Rovers; I would be saying the same about Swindon.

But there are several local people who support the club who will want to come in, put their hand in their pocket to keep it going and run a tight ship like the Dunfords did.

The Al Qadis made a big mistake in buying it and they are now on the cusp of having to put their own money in unsecured.  If I was them I would be desperate to get a quick sale whilst they can still get their money back before the £2m a year losses inevitably drive the club into administration in two years' time.

Tick tick tick.

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Was it the Dolman that used to give out clouds of concrete dust when people did the bounce around the ground?  I'm very glad that was demolished and rebuilt.

History shows us time and again that you compromise on safety at football grounds at your peril and I really hope that they haven't.

The Dolman wasn’t demolished though, just tarted up....

• Like 1

20 hours ago, JBFC II said:

According to their forum they are expecting to take around 4-500 for their trip to burton. 

I thought they were the bestest fans in the universe?

That’s very odd, for such a big day out for them. 

Maybe lots more are going up there, but won’t be going to the game, seeing as it’s the home of their favourite sport. 

Boob cricket..!