IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 hours ago, HIGHRIDGE BCFC said:

They're at it again! http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/13061/sick-head-fans

Forgive me if i'm wrong but when they're on about LJ having to move house wasn't it to do with Rovers fans posting his address online after the Matty Taylor transfer?

I didn't know LJ had to move house because of death threats? Sounds quite strange to me, especially over a bad run of games. Did that actually happen?

Matty Taylor definitely had to move house, this was after his address was made public following vile abuse and threats online from foaming Sagheads who were throwing their toys out the pram. 

I'm sure the hypocritical belters won't mention this or their terrible reputation for racist abuse because they're convinced they're better than everyone else.

34 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Wasn't there someone in the papers a few years back about LJ and his Doris enjoying a bit of a dabble in the home development market and how they like to buy a place, tart it up and move it on?

Could be coincide if him moving happened to fall around a time when his place was ripe for selling anyway.

A very quick Google search reveals a BP article from earlier this year ‘one year on from Matty Taylor signing for City’.

In the article it states that LJ DID have to move house at the time because of death threats however it was unclear if the death threats came from City fans upset that we’d lost a few games or Sagheads going mental because we’d very publicly mugged them off by signing their best player for peanuts.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan

5 hours ago, HIGHRIDGE BCFC said:

I see that one of them has the temerity to disagree with the swivel-eyed mob and is immediately accused of being a gurt ted and told to get back to OTIB.

He`s also committed the cardinal sin of suggesting that they allow our fans on their shitty little site so they`re no doubt sharpening their pitchforks and lighting the torches as we speak.

38 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I see that one of them has the temerity to disagree with the swivel-eyed mob and is immediately accused of being a gurt ted and told to get back to OTIB.

He`s also committed the cardinal sin of suggesting that they allow our fans on their shitty little site so they`re no doubt sharpening their pitchforks and lighting the torches as we speak.

You said it

image.png.a4a44fdd93bad3269326fc666f1246b3.png

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

Could be someone who is bored on a bit of a fishing mission maybe.

They seem to be getting a few nibbles whether they have intent or not.

54 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'll own up.

My mate who is a City fan joined their site to do an experiment and see if they could get away with being a fair minded City fan on there.

He got accused of being a Ted and subsequently banned- not only are we the best team in Bristol but the most tolerant and all.

Took them sometime to twig mind.

They probably had to wait for their computer expert Henbury Gash to run a trace on him.

It took a while because he was busy working for the CIA and Interpol and couldn`t spare the time.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'll own up.

My mate who is a City fan joined their site to do an experiment and see if they could get away with being a fair minded City fan on there.

He got accused of being a Ted and subsequently banned- not only are we the best team in Bristol but the most tolerant and all.

That’s happened to lots of City fans who got onto their forum - most just wanted balanced and fair banter and debate - but that mob can’t stand even conversing with a ‘Ted’ - because they quickly lose their sense of humour and can’t win any rational argument ..... a bitter and jealous set of fans...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

That’s happened to lots of City fans who got onto their forum - most just wanted balanced and fair banter and debate - but that mob can’t stand even conversing with a ‘Ted’ - because they quickly lose their sense of humour and can’t win any rational argument ..... a bitter and jealous set of fans...

It says much about their sense of insecurity and lack of self-worth that they are so happy in their own little echo chamber and so angry when it appears to have been infiltrated.

`La, la, la, I can`t hear you`

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yeah, I can well believe that.

Anyone on here try and get banned off there? Reading their site, was there someone called "BrisRed" who posted on here? 

@Red Right Hand

The echo chamber thing, that seems to ring very true reading their forum.

Just to add to the clue- though I guess it's automated- my mate even had a City related theme as their password, from the get-go and still they didn't twig so quick! :thumbsup:

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

I think it says a lot about their forum that it was once a thriving one but now seems reduced to the same handful of people largely agreeing with each other, as to have a different point of view on there means you are either on a wind up, or you must be City.

And that is why they never challenge anything.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Yeah, I can well believe that.

Anyone on here try and get banned off there? Reading their site, was there someone called "BrisRed" who posted on here? 

@Red Right Hand

The echo chamber thing, that seems to ring very true reading their forum.

Just to add to the clue- though I guess it's automated- my mate even had a City related theme as their password, from the get-go and still they didn't twig so quick! :thumbsup:

You might want to read the continuation of their thread and all will be revealed (along with their true colours and confirmation of their sense of inadequacy)

2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

You might want to read the continuation of their thread and all will be revealed (along with their true colours and confirmation of their sense of inadequacy)

Haha, wow- just read the whole thread- they really are in our shadow and they know it.

There are decent Rovers fans obviously- know a few IRL, but wow they're so touchy on that site.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'll own up.

If it was your mate, what are you owning up to?

Asking for a mate.

8 hours ago, richwwtk said:

Strangely, the quoted article was written by Adam Baker - he ought to know what happened as well as anybody outside the Johnson family.

Well he definitely should have known how to spell dear old Bill Shankly’s name correctly - but modern writing standards make me despair.....utter rubbish not to get that correct - it ain’t ‘Shankley’ Adam - and pretty much zero effort in terms of research would have given him the correct spelling - a legend of our game disrespected by laziness....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well he definitely should have known how to spell dear old Bill Shankly’s name correctly - but modern writing standards make me despair.....utter rubbish not to get that correct - it ain’t ‘Shankley’ Adam - and pretty much zero effort in terms of research would have given him the correct spelling - a legend of our game disrespected by laziness....

Tristan Cock wouldn't like his name spelled incorrectly, would he?

Today's giggle; http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/13036/new-stands?page=19 ipgas posted

It is for me because I have watched 50 years of mediocraty. I have seen Rovers in the Championship, Div 1, and 2 and non league, but mostly half way up Division One, or div 3 as it was. I want something better, I want us to have crowds of 20k+ like we did when I was a kid. If we had not have sold Eastville, I have no doubt that we would be the bigger of the 2 Bristol clubs. But that is history, and since then every ground we have been at has been crap, and the Mem is no different. I want to be a gashead watching a reasonable team in the Championship, not floundering around in the lower half of league one, because our sh**ty ground can only provide funds enough to do that. Meanwhile even some non league clubs have better grounds. Bloody angry to think some of you have no ambition for the club

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

And there's more; http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/13060/lansdown-recurring-thoughts from althepirate;

THIS IS NOT A RUMOUR, I AM NOT IN THE KNOW! I just can't get it out of my mind we are ripe to be bought by Lansdown. He would get the Mem, worth a fortune with planning for houses. We would play at AG eventually so he would save 45 mill on a new stadium. He would persue his desire to own other sporting clubs under Bristol Sport. He has the infrastructure to do this in place already and a pitch for regular use.
I wouldn't be surprised Wael maintaing an interest whoever or if any one takes us over 
Perhaps the media will see this and ask him.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

8 minutes ago, 22A said:

And there's more; http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/13060/lansdown-recurring-thoughts from althepirate;

THIS IS NOT A RUMOUR, I AM NOT IN THE KNOW! I just can't get it out of my mind we are ripe to be bought by Lansdown. He would get the Mem, worth a fortune with planning for houses. We would play at AG eventually so he would save 45 mill on a new stadium. He would persue his desire to own other sporting clubs under Bristol Sport. He has the infrastructure to do this in place already and a pitch for regular use.
I wouldn't be surprised Wael maintaing an interest whoever or if any one takes us over 

He has been ridiculed mind.

25 minutes ago, 22A said:

What a Belter!

• Admin
36 minutes ago, 22A said:

Someone explain to him about people only being able to invest in one side

• Thanks 2