IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

5 hours ago, 22A said:

Today's giggle; http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/13036/new-stands?page=19 ipgas posted

It is for me because I have watched 50 years of mediocraty. I have seen Rovers in the Championship, Div 1, and 2 and non league, but mostly half way up Division One, or div 3 as it was. I want something better, I want us to have crowds of 20k+ like we did when I was a kid. If we had not have sold Eastville, I have no doubt that we would be the bigger of the 2 Bristol clubs. But that is history, and since then every ground we have been at has been crap, and the Mem is no different. I want to be a gashead watching a reasonable team in the Championship, not floundering around in the lower half of league one, because our sh**ty ground can only provide funds enough to do that. Meanwhile even some non league clubs have better grounds. Bloody angry to think some of you have no ambition for the club

Whoa! What a fool.

There's only one team in Bristol !

Anyway, now for something completely different.  The Sag's host the mighty Yeovil in the Trick or Treat Trophy tonight at the tented village.  A strong team named (apparently).  I didn't realise they actually had a strong team to name tbh, but there we are.

Wondering if it is being streamed anywhere.  Comedy Central didn't have it in their schedule, but if I can find aything, I might tune in as I could do with some amusement tonight.

Come on you Glovers.

6 hours ago, 22A said:

Today's giggle; http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/13036/new-stands?page=19 ipgas posted

It is for me because I have watched 50 years of mediocraty. I have seen Rovers in the Championship, Div 1, and 2 and non league, but mostly half way up Division One, or div 3 as it was. I want something better, I want us to have crowds of 20k+ like we did when I was a kid. If we had not have sold Eastville, I have no doubt that we would be the bigger of the 2 Bristol clubs. 

Based on?? They weren't the bigger Bristol club when they were there, how would it be any different now?

They talk some absolute shit.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, 22A said:

It is for me because I have watched 50 years of mediocraty. I have seen Rovers in the Championship, Div 1, and 2 and non league, but mostly half way up Division One, or div 3 as it was. I want something better, I want us to have crowds of 20k+ like we did when I was a kid. If we had not have sold Eastville, I have no doubt that we would be the bigger of the 2 Bristol clubs. But that is history, and since then every ground we have been at has been crap, and the Mem is no different. I want to be a gashead watching a reasonable team in the Championship, not floundering around in the lower half of league one, because our sh**ty ground can only provide funds enough to do that. Meanwhile even some non league clubs have better grounds. Bloody angry to think some of you have no ambition for the club

The bigger of the 2 Bristol clubs !!!! Eastville that's where they were getting crowds of about 5k and only 3k for the last game there and meanwhile MOST non league clubs have better grounds???

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, 22A said:

The things he dreams about, we already have!

6 minutes ago, myol'man said:

No crowd announced at the mem tonight

1,179. But this is the competition that needs to be boycotted until Under 23 teams are removed, so they should be applauded not mocked for the pitiful turnout.

BMF lost 4-0 in the end but had over 500 there.

Edited by Wanderingred
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

1,179. But this is the competition that needs to be boycotted until Under 23 teams are removed, so they should be applauded not mocked for the pitiful turnout.

Quite agree.

The eleven hundred are doing a disservice. Get the idea of why they might want to go, but take in a development game or a reserve game instead.

Hats off to the stay always.

• Like 1

Once you start to see the big clubs ?getting crowds of 1100 for a game and the massive clubs entering under 23 teams, you realise that this cup is just one big joke.  Who the hell are Checkatrade anyway and what promotional benefit are they getting.  Nobody is really faintly interested are they.  We can't even laugh whether the Sag's win or lose and frankly who gives a toss.

New competition or new format needed (if any format is needed really). Clearly neither the clubs nor the fans take it seriously.

Maybe it should be a competition to add a bit of spice to pre season friendlies, or a competition to allow non league clubs to enter with a chance of playing the mighty Rovers at their massive stadium in front of thr bestis fans in the world in the later rounds.

Edited by wendyredredrobin