IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

8 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Judging by the opinions on Slagchat they really don’t want Cotterill.

That’s the guy who got us promoted to the Championship with 99 points. The season before he arrived in December when we were bottom of L1 and steered us to mid table safety.

They’re as thick as shit.

You must remember that any new sag manager has to live up to their great Watney cup triumph.  Obviously Cotts wouldn't be up to that...

1 hour ago, BTRFTG said:

"...after a well deserved break..." is a very odd phrase to include in the statement.

Implies to me that if we don't hear of him going somewhere in the short-term that he's on gardening leave and still under contract. Perhaps they don't have the wherewithal to pay him off straight away.

Is it possible he was sacked for gross misconduct after his post match comments last Saturday. They would have needed a few days to consult their legal boys, but it would explain the delay 

9 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

I thought that for ages until someone cleared it up for me.

It was literally a City fan sending a tweet to Garita when he signed. Some City fans like to say stuff like "so and so sniffs bike seats" or "so and so drinks bath water" etc. Well knowing that Garita couldn't speak a word of english, a city fan sent Garita "Darrell Clarke w@nks off dogs". Arnie RTed it and it stuck ever since.

What a classic. It was worth the 50k on its own 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Is it possible he was sacked for gross misconduct after his post match comments last Saturday. They would have needed a few days to consult their legal boys, but it would explain the delay 

If he was sacked for Gross Misconduct Dopey would have been all over the media by now.

The telling bit for me is that Marcus Stewart walked once Dopey was binned. Would have been easy for him to stay on as Caretaker and put his hat in the ring for the Managers job but if he’s not interested knowing the full workings and conditions of the club you have to ask questions.

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Like 4

32 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Yes bit he was allowed a little bit of what Wally would never give him.....................a bit of cash !

The Al Qadis might actually open their wallets if they haven’t got some lightweight, gurning man child picking the team each week.

51 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

No but putting in the public domain, information which is only privy to management could be considered gross misconduct, and therefore no pay out.

If i was dopey I'd be straight on to the union , let the LMA take them to court. Unless this too is watertight :whistle:

12 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

All the sentimental Sags I know are saying “Thanks for the memories Darrell”......Yeah I agree with them....thanks Darrell :dancing6:

94AF0A7D-2569-4CC4-8680-D19DAF0DE254.png

Ahhh yes, I remember that day. Had a lovely BBQ to celebrate. Maybe I should start planning a small one for this May :fingerscrossed:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Banjo Island said:

What about Lee lashenko doing a great job at manor farm and well within budget

No chance Lee would go there. 

He's playing in a proper stadium, with a good owner and a decent fan base. He has a very good strike force and finances to spend. 

Why would he want to lose all of that? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Horse With No Name said:

If misconduct we'd have heard about it via the LMA and he would first have been suspended, that route normally takes a few weeks other than had he committed a violent or criminal act (managing The Gas sadly isn't the latter.)

For an ex employer to imply an ex employee would be 'taking a break' implies there's a reason he might not start work elsewhere tomorrow. Either they've agreed such terms in his release (why, as reduces any mitigation claim?) else it implies there are certain restrictions that prevent him working elsewhere.