IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

11 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

A quantum physicist might also argue that their component parts exist in parallel universes - where they are and where they perceive themselves to be.... though in their case they've few Quarks, many Strangeones but no Charms whatsoever.

Very good.:) 

24 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Seen this this morning and thought....really?

Commercial director Tom Gorringe says no club other than Tottenham Hotspur have done more to improve their ground this summer than Bristol Rovers.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/how-bristol-rovers-improved-infrastructure-2008266

If thats improved infrastructure then we play at the san siro 

:rofl2br::rofl2br:

26 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Commercial director Tom Gorringe says no club other than Tottenham Hotspur have done more to improve their ground this summer than Bristol Rovers.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/how-bristol-rovers-improved-infrastructure-2008266

Jeez...

You can dress it up as much as you like, but at the end of the day a turd is still a turd.

Unreal...

• Haha 1

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

One Rovers fan has cracked it..

"The better teams who visit the mem have one thing in common - they are all well versed in the dark arts of controlling a game with 'gamesmanship' like time wasting, feigning injury, stealing yards at throw ins and 'managing' officials who almost always are oblivious to what is going on. We have been too nice for some time now and whilst taking the higher ground is fine in principle it's not getting us anywhere if the other team is getting away with it. "

Edited by Unan

19 minutes ago, Unan said:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

One Rovers fan has cracked it..

"The better teams who visit the mem have one thing in common - they are all well versed in the dark arts of controlling a game with 'gamesmanship' like time wasting, feigning injury, stealing yards at throw ins and 'managing' officials who almost always are oblivious to what is going on. We have been too nice for some time now and whilst taking the higher ground is fine in principle it's not getting us anywhere if the other team is getting away with it. "

Ah OK it's clear now. 

So they've picked up 5 points from their first 8 games not because of anything other than the fact other teams are good at feigning injury... 

Makes sense now

49 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Well well, I think they can't get any more embarrassing and then they do, he is being serious I presume, comparing their new tent being delayed to Tottenhams ground delay, I don't know where the club find them from, they all talk s--t from top to bottom and the fewers lap.it up ????

• Like 1

1 minute ago, weepywall said:

Well well, I think they can't get any more embarrassing and then they do, he is being serious I presume, comparing their new tent being delayed to Tottenhams ground delay, I don't know where the club find them from, they all talk s--t from top to bottom and the fewers lap.it up ????

He convinently forgets to mention Exeter who seem to be having no issues at all building permanent stands.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Read the comments.  Even the sags are laughing at this!

23 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Yes he’s shown that he can achieve decent things there, in the lower leagues/non league. 

He’s hardly made much on an impact on league one since he’s been there. Certainly since we nicked MT.

Whatever talents he does it doesn’t have, it’s all going very sour over there. They are heading in one direction at the moment, so hopefully sacking him is too expensive to risk a fresh face bringing in new ideas. 

The rot has set in and DC is the damp that’s feeding it. 

Long may it continue. 

The only totally objective view I can see is that he is destroying his own stock and will get to a point where he has to resign to save his own career. 

I bet DC wakes up in the middle of the night asking himself 'Why did I not take the Leeds job'.

What a bellend.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

I have a feeling this this is the first 'new low for them since Saturday. So maybe things are improving for them..

f9a.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

Blimey, that's got so much spin on it I nearly puked! What a load of auld bollox that is.

lap it up Saggies, that's one of your top men peddling this garbage.

Meanwhile, at the proper club....

Image result for lansdown stand bristol city

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"In terms of the infrastructure we’ve three new bars, a new shop, electronic turnstiles, ten new partners, so all of those have been huge projects really given the amount of time we’ve had.

"We’re still obviously working through teething issues with all of those

What a complete embarrassment

16 minutes ago, supercidered said:

I bet DC wakes up in the middle of the night asking himself 'Why did I not take the Leeds job'.

What a bellend.

....because he didn’t have the bottle, plus I expect Wally told him a few porkies about a new stadium and training facilities on the horizon and he fell for it.

At the Gas there’s is almost zero pressure on him from their dull fan base as they just accept any old shit as long as Dopey starts every interview by “taking full responsibility”, even when he clearly doesn’t mean it.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

Had to read it again as I couldn't believe it, 3 refurbished bars,  new shop and electronic turnstyles( they can be a bit scarey and put people off tho ) that is very impressive work, yet again most clubs are in awe of them, even Spurs fans !!!

10 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Had to read it again as I couldn't believe it, 3 refurbished bars,  new shop and electronic turnstyles( they can be a bit scarey and put people off tho ) that is very impressive work, yet again most clubs are in awe of them, even Spurs fans !!!

Having seen you the t’other day Weepy I have to say you’ve aged better than the Mem , or , indeed Darrell the dog botherer !

:thumbsup:

:laughcont:

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, wood_red said:

"In terms of the infrastructure we’ve three new bars, a new shop, electronic turnstiles, ten new partners, so all of those have been huge projects really given the amount of time we’ve had.

Yep. Some of the guide ropes have come loose.

2 hours ago, Monkeh said:

"...................there’s probably not another club in the country who has seen the amount of change we have in the summer. "

Yes it's been upgraded to merely  "appalling " !

Edited by slartibartfast
  • Haha 3

57 minutes ago, wood_red said:

Ten new partners? Is the new series of Wife Swap taking place at the Mem now?

56 minutes ago, wood_red said:

I heard tale, sourced from somebody who worked on site, that at one bar, where they'd redesigned from 'perimeter' to 'island' that late in the day when an installer turned up to plumb in the sinks he couldn't locate any 'wet' services. They'd neglected to reroute both pipework and drainage to the centre of the room.

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

I heard tale, sourced from somebody who worked on site, that at one bar, where they'd redesigned from 'perimeter' to 'island' that late in the day when an installer turned up to plumb in the sinks he couldn't locate any 'wet' services. They'd neglected to reroute both pipework and drainage to the centre of the room.

They also installed a hand dryer behind the door in one of the toilets, the wedged open door covered it so nobody knew it was there until the door was shut. Now you can't use in case somebody opens the door straight into you!!

3 minutes ago, wood_red said:

They also installed a hand dryer behind the door in one of the toilets, the wedged open door covered it so nobody knew it was there until the door was shut. Now you can't use in case somebody opens the door straight into you!!

Wally said it had to be nothing but the best for the sags ...

9be17f73d7e7b8837b265674489f2eaa--bathro

bad-design-fails-38.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, wood_red said:

That's more forgivable - why imagine Gasheads would ever wash their hands......

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, wood_red said:

"We’re still obviously working through teething issues with all of those".

"If, in their travels, anyone should come across a girder labelled  'Row M' please contact me directly".

• Like 1
  • Haha 5