IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

16 minutes ago, wood_red said:

What young kids will want to go and support the Sags now, especially when not many adults want to go anymore (them pesky turnstiles)? They probably seen us beat Man U, play against Man City etc and are now hopefully hooked. Apart from the hardcore who will make their kids go to the Mem where will their future supporters come from? Even if they get a new Stadium it will be a good few years and even more young 'uns will be with us - and their mates etc etc.

Parents can still punish their children by making them go to the Mem. Much more painful than a good hiding.

On 17/09/2018 at 07:58, Monkeh said:

Seen this this morning and thought....really?

Commercial director Tom Gorringe says no club other than Tottenham Hotspur have done more to improve their ground this summer than Bristol Rovers.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/how-bristol-rovers-improved-infrastructure-2008266

If thats improved infrastructure then we play at the san siro 

If I had a stinking turd, like that ruin, then pulling the flush would improve the situation immeasurably.

Don't normally get riled up by them, but this irritated me quite a bit... 

Yes Neil, Bristol don't play at their spiritual home anymore, that's correct. Now, let's think about why bristol rugby club were forced to move out of their home of 97 years. 

It was because your horrible lot pounced on them when they were at their weakness, went on to take the ground over from them before gradually making it harder and harder for them to play there before SL saved them and brought them over here. 

As much as myself amongst many bristol fans are enjoying playing at ashton gate in front of big crowds, our spiritual home has been and always will be the Memorial Ground. So realistically, we'd love it much more if you lot just buggered off out of there and gave us our home back, then maybe SL fan upgrade it and turn our historic home into a decent ground. But as that won't happen, you enjoy being in the knowledge that you'll stole your ground off of the rugby club who you are glad don't play there any more whilst you sit there seething about what they now have compared to you. 

Rant over... 

Screenshot_20180918-160223.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Yes Neil, Bristol don't play at their spiritual home anymore, that's correct. Now, let's think about why bristol rugby club were forced to move out of their home of 97 years. 

It was because your horrible lot pounced on them when they were at their weakness, went on to take the ground over from them before gradually making it harder and harder for them to play there before SL saved them and brought them over here. 

As much as myself amongst many bristol fans are enjoying playing at ashton gate in front of big crowds, our spiritual home has been and always will be the Memorial Ground. So realistically, we'd love it much more if you lot just buggered off out of there and gave us our home back, then maybe SL fan upgrade it and turn our historic home into a decent ground. But as that won't happen, you enjoy being in the knowledge that you'll stole your ground off of the rugby club who you are glad don't play there any more whilst you sit there seething about what they now have compared to you. 

Rant over... 

How would 26,000 rugby fans fit into the Memorial Stadium?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

How would 26,000 rugby fans fit into the Memorial Stadium?

That was our biggest ever crowd, and although I'm not saying it couldn't happen again, it is unlikely unless we start becoming very successful. 

If we could buy back the mem and then upgrade it to a 20000 all seater with room for more that would be perfect for the club at the minute 

38 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Rant over... 

Screenshot_20180918-160223.png

Yank-like? Utterly wrong. The only similarity is that Ashton Gate is now a multisport stadium and it is common for Basketball (NBA) and Ice-Hockey (NHL) franchises to share an arena, but the franchises from the same City are not usually owned by the same person/company and will not actually own the arena themselves, since most of them got the local authority to pay for it in order that they would relocate (or remain) in the City. 

There's only 1 professional football club who franchised themselves out to another City who were originally based in Bristol and there is only 1 professional football club in Bristol begging for someone else to build them a stadium.

Edited by awbb
  • Like 4

Dont you just love how dumb and envious they are!!!

When i saw this item on news ,just knew it would create talking point on here!think we have to separate the 82ers from Bristol sport plc and then we realize nowt really changed. Bristol City play in a league just 1 tier? higher than us despite all the perceived advantages they have, one bad season for them and a good one for us and on the playing side we would have a roll reversal! ?i am a glass half full type and realize the glass half empty types would look at the opposite scenario, but thats how it is at the moment.This development does nowt to change that and you could deduce that Landsdown is providing Bristol with facilities which the Council should be providing but show neither the desire or intent to do so and has been the case since time immoral!The costs are quite staggering and the event hall would seem to fall twixt two stools,4000 ? certainly 4 times bigger than required for the world famous Bristol Flyers ?(world famous in Ashton anyway!)but no where near big enough to attract major Boxing or top band Gigs after all Bristol Arena ,that was, was deemed not big enough for the like even with a 10000 + capacity , it may compete with the farcically re-branded Hall in Colston street but thats about it.In conclusion as i said this news changes nowt as far as football goes and i am not plagued with the green eyed monster!Ever since i was old enough i chose Rovers for there eternal under dog tag and backs to the wall fighting spirit, our remarkable ability to turn disaster into triumph and to make a silk cloth from a pigs ear! ?it has been so for all my 70 years and all you true Gas eds out there will know what i mean,i mean just a simple thing like Gas ed was meant to be a derisory term but what did we do? adopted it and now its 'our handle'throughout the football world!Old Gas eds like me will no doubt be smiling wryly at the delusions of grandeur emulating from the dark side again bless their fickle souls, ?!That said if the good Lord could give us some good news from the club soon it would be much appreciated!just so long its not so good we will lose our unique identity!Up the Rovers!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Dolman Block B said:

When i saw this item on news ,just knew it would create talking point on here!think we have to separate the 82ers from Bristol sport plc and then we realize nowt really changed. Bristol City play in a league just 1 tier? higher than us despite all the perceived advantages they have, one bad season for them and a good one for us and on the playing side we would have a roll reversal! ?i am a glass half full type and realize the glass half empty types would look at the opposite scenario, but thats how it is at the moment.This development does nowt to change that and you could deduce that Landsdown is providing Bristol with facilities which the Council should be providing but show neither the desire or intent to do so and has been the case since time immoral!The costs are quite staggering and the event hall would seem to fall twixt two stools,4000 ? certainly 4 times bigger than required for the world famous Bristol Flyers ?(world famous in Ashton anyway!)but no where near big enough to attract major Boxing or top band Gigs after all Bristol Arena ,that was, was deemed not big enough for the like even with a 10000 + capacity , it may compete with the farcically re-branded Hall in Colston street but thats about it.In conclusion as i said this news changes nowt as far as football goes and i am not plagued with the green eyed monster!Ever since i was old enough i chose Rovers for there eternal under dog tag and backs to the wall fighting spirit, our remarkable ability to turn disaster into triumph and to make a silk cloth from a pigs ear! ?it has been so for all my 70 years and all you true Gas eds out there will know what i mean,i mean just a simple thing like Gas ed was meant to be a derisory term but what did we do? adopted it and now its 'our handle'throughout the football world!Old Gas eds like me will no doubt be smiling wryly at the delusions of grandeur emulating from the dark side again bless their fickle souls, ?!That said if the good Lord could give us some good news from the club soon it would be much appreciated!just so long its not so good we will lose our unique identity!Up the Rovers!

Love the 1 tier bit. 

Therefore if we were to go up would we suddenly be on par with the Manchester clubs and chelsea/liverpool/arsenal? 

Don't think so... 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

They say that with age comes wisdom...............this blokes 70 FFS.

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Jesus! 

My ******* sides are in orbit! :rofl2br:

9CFC12C9-CC7A-412A-9C13-A57BB9E961AA.jpeg

Worried? Oh Lord above. They do realise that we're not worried by them in the slightest? Because they'll never be a rival anymore, don't provide any competition amymore....

....all they provide us with are gems and nuggets of golden delusion to keep this thread going!

#pricelessfools

24 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Don't you just love it when thick fukkers try to come across as being intelligent on the Internet?

49 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

There is so much wrong with that, I have no idea where to start!

'Triumph'? When was that? I must have missed it. 'Just 1 tier' maybe but in a totally different stratosphere as a club. 'Role reversal'? They wouldn't stand a chocolate fireguard in hells chance at our level and they know it. '4000' seats', that's 2,000 more than they currently have. 'Famous in Ashton'? They play in Filton you numpty. 'Silk cloth from a pig's ear'? You mean turn crap into even more crap. 'Throughout the football world'? He means the Lamb. 'Unique identity'? In what way are they unique? They're just shit! 'Worried'? ? ??

What a belter! 

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

This "roll reversal", how would that work exactly?