IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Suddenly The Gas references appear apt. Like Lamplighters and following Miners who unearted the coal that kept the Town Gas flowing they're in the final throws of claiming the moral imperative. "I'd rather uphold the tradition of what I have than admit to the temptations of progress." 

And soon, like the aforementioned, they'll be confined to the pages of tattered history books. A Scargillesque Henbury Gas bewigged and clutching his hand painted, part soiled bedsheet, proclaiming "This will always be my home," as the Horfield highrises tower taller than Warboys in his prime over his shoulder. And his one remaining comrade, looking ever sheepish knowing he's betrayed both mate and cause by opting for a Mangoes season ticket.

It'll make a magnificent Evil front cover.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Suddenly The Gas references appear apt. Like Lamplighters and following Miners who unearted the coal that kept the Town Gas flowing they're in the final throws of claiming the moral imperative. "I'd rather uphold the tradition of what I have than admit to the temptations of progress." 

And soon, like the aforementioned, they'll be confined to the pages of tattered history books. A Scargillesque Henbury Gas bewigged and clutching his hand painted, part soiled bedsheet, proclaiming "This will always be my home," as the Horfield highrises tower taller than Warboys in his prime over his shoulder. And his one remaining comrade, looking ever sheepish knowing he's betrayed both mate and cause by opting for a Mangoes season ticket.

Wonderful.

32 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Haha, Warboys was a long time ago. Worboys would more likely fit their setup nowadays.

Edited by wendyredredrobin

Post by Weeezord on 53 minutes ago

"I realise our ground is a shithole before anyone gets on the defence, but have they spent any money bringing up that stand behind the goal which (last time I had any interest) looks sh**?"

I realise this is an incredible reach but even still I'm really going to try reaching*

Screenshot_20180918-160223.png

"If we manage to build a decent stadium" = If I win the lottery this week.

"They've never been able to shake us off and never will" = so they admit to being irksome and unwanted.

"Thank God the rugby don't play at the Mem anymore" = We put the boot in to a fellow Bristol sports club.

13 minutes ago, Unan said:

"I realise our ground is a shithole before anyone gets on the defence, but have they spent any money bringing up that stand behind the goal which (last time I had any interest) looks sh**?"

I realise this is an incredible reach but even still I'm really going to try reaching*

Shithole? Tad optimistic from the Tent Ender..........bit like saying Aleppo is slightly “run down”.

Edited by Numero Uno

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

There is so much wrong with that, I have no idea where to start!

'Triumph'? When was that? I must have missed it. 'Just 1 tier' maybe but in a totally different stratosphere as a club. 'Role reversal'? They wouldn't stand a chocolate fireguard in hells chance at our level and they know it. '4000' seats', that's 2,000 more than they currently have. 'Famous in Ashton'? They play in Filton you numpty. 'Silk cloth from a pig's ear'? You mean turn crap into even more crap. 'Throughout the football world'? He means the Lamb. 'Unique identity'? In what way are they unique? They're just shit! 'Worried'? ? ??

What a belter! 

Roll reversal you mean?! When their tea lady accidentally mixes up the cheese and the ham butties in their tin pot Sunday league club house

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, weepywall said:

I've got to be honest, I'm worried that if they keep DC they are coming for us, its keeping me awake at night.

:laughcont:

What should be more terrifying to THEM is the very real prospect of Yeovil and Exeter going up when they go down.

And if Plymuff manage to avoid the drop somehow, but FGR join the Glovers and Grecians, that would make the Gash the 6th most successful team in the West Country. 

Edited by Red-Robbo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Red-Robbo said:

:laughcont:

What should be more terrifying to THEM is the very real prospect of Yeovil and Exeter going up when they go down.

And if Plymuff manage to avoid the drop somehow, but FGR join the Cobblers and Grecians, that would make the Gash the 6th most successful team in the West Country. 

And hopefully, the 24th most successful League 2 team.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Unan said:

Ohhhh maaaaan, that is such an embarrassing clutch at straws……………

he's spouting about a stand that is brick / blocks and mortar, doesn't rattle about in the wind and has around 4200 seats.  So…….that's NOT metal framed (✔️) NOT canvas roofed or sided (✔️) and has a rather pleasant review on football tripper.com (✔️)

AWAY FANS

Away fans are housed in the sleek looking Atyeo Stand which first opened in 1994 to replace the aging terrace after the publication of the Taylor report. The single tiered construction offers unrestricted views regardless of where you are sat, and has decent levels of leg room and comfort as one would expect from a stand less than 25 years old.

The "sh**" stand has 1200 more seats than the entire 4 sides of that poxy hole up North.  Every day brings even more exasperation in reading their comments about us and our club.  

The sooner that horrible little blot on the landscape goes bust (again….you know the rest).

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

On a note of footballing solidarity, well done to them for the tiny turnout at the cabbage patch. That competition is an abomination and needs to be boycotted. Could you ever imagine a senior fixture against an under 21 side? Hideous.

Credit where it’s due, I like the way that they take the boycott so seriously that they carry it over into every match they play. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Two sides of their 'stadium' were closed last night and just over 1,000 turned up to watch them.......meanwhile, at the Hawthorns...

They're Coming For Us

You aren't suggesting that more fans travelled to West Brom than attended a home game are you?

(That said, if we were in League 1 with that joke of a competition I wouldn't go either, so I don't blame them for boycotting).

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

You aren't suggesting that more fans travelled to West Brom than attended a home game are you?

(That said, if we were in League 1 with that joke of a competition I wouldn't go either, so I don't blame them for boycotting).

we'd still get about 4k turn up