IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

57 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Yeah. Gurt Teds with the franchise bowl... 

You have to wonder if they are trying to convince themselves that life isn't as bad as it clearly is.

But “Trashton”, really..?!

It’s like me finding someone with a Bentley Coupe, driving past in a Morris minor and laughing at them because their car is called “Bent”..!

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Monkeh said:

Seen this this morning and thought....really?

Commercial director Tom Gorringe says no club other than Tottenham Hotspur have done more to improve their ground this summer than Bristol Rovers.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/how-bristol-rovers-improved-infrastructure-2008266

If thats improved infrastructure then we play at the san siro 

It makes sense to compare Tottenham and Rovers grounds. Spurs new ground looks like a toilet, Rovers ground actually is a toilet.

Edited by BS2 Red
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Laughed properly at that comment Slarti, fair play mate! :clap:

Image may contain: outdoor

Come on, own up!

Where is that? I'm no Countdown champion, but to the right of the flag are the letters GBY - this leads me to think there might be a rugby club there. So it can't be the Mem as they have had years to remove any reference to the spiritual owners of that particular stadium.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Where is that? I'm no Countdown champion, but to the right of the flag are the letters GBY - this leads me to think there might be a rugby club there. So it can't be the Mem as they have had years to remove any reference to the spiritual owners of that particular stadium.

10 minutes ago, MC26 said:

Surely that's a old image if it's got Bristol Rugby on the sign behind? Or is that a part of the great development they haven't got to yet? 

EDIT: Great minds... @Bristol Rob

That’s the “memorial gates” they can’t take them down or change them. 

They remain as a lasting reminder of who they stole the ground from. 

Worked out alright for the Rugby club in the end though..!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

A quantum physicist might also argue that their component parts exist in parallel universes - where they are and where they perceive themselves to be.... though in their case they've few Quarks, many Strangeones but no Charms whatsoever.

Looks like they are going to Damnation Alley then!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, weepywall said:

Had to read it again as I couldn't believe it, 3 refurbished bars,  new shop and electronic turnstyles( they can be a bit scarey and put people off tho ) that is very impressive work, yet again most clubs are in awe of them, even Spurs fans !!!

AND he forgot to mention that they have Babestation on as well! So many improvements AND change out of the £250.00 budget. Happy days!

5 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Blimey, that's got so much spin on it I nearly puked! What a load of auld bollox that is.

lap it up Saggies, that's one of your top men peddling this garbage.

Meanwhile, at the proper club....

Image result for lansdown stand bristol city

Bob Mortimer called Ashton Gate beautiful after the borough game on a recent episode of athletico mince 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

You cannot knock him for his honesty but obviously distancing himself from the clubs senior management and false promises. He obviously realises he can’t polish a turd any longer!

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Which mistake are you talking about, Darrell..? The one of not leaving when you had the chance..? The one where you thought you’d get £10million for Matty Taylor..? The ones where you gloated like a classless moron, because you’d got promoted from NON League..?! 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

....because he didn’t have the bottle, plus I expect Wally told him a few porkies about a new stadium and training facilities on the horizon and he fell for it.

At the Gas there’s is almost zero pressure on him from their dull fan base as they just accept any old shit as long as Dopey starts every interview by “taking full responsibility”, even when he clearly doesn’t mean it.

Sorry, got to ask - Did he ACTUALLY get offered the Leeds job, or what it hearsay ?

Or was it Dog Leads ?

Therefore 2 questions, one serious (you pick which one) and other made up !

9 minutes ago, BRIAN WILSON said:

Sorry, got to ask - Did he ACTUALLY get offered the Leeds job, or what it hearsay ?

Or was it Dog Leads ?

Therefore 2 questions, one serious (you pick which one) and other made up !

He doesn’t call them “dog leads” he prefers to think of them as Rainbows ? where he finds his pot of gold at the end!

• Haha 1

On 15/09/2018 at 21:20, BS4 on Tour... said:

To be fair, I heard Darrell Clarke walked into a newsagent last week and said “Can I have 20 Players?”....

They only had Number 6 and number 10 .

I remember. 

My grandad sent me out to the Chinese take away one evening to buy twenty number six . 

I came back with enough egg fried rice to feed us for a week .

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Chairman co-commentating on local radio? How tinpot is that? ?

image.png.f6d748351e099c5280099d91bfac09af.png

Give him a break. He probably wanted to take advantage of the opportunity of a seat, a fixed, permanent one, under the modern day wonder of a roof that isn’t made of canvas. I doubt it even flapped around in the wind..!

Not to mention the opportunity of a free cup of tea and sandwich ?

55 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Which mistake are you talking about, Darrell..? The one of not leaving when you had the chance..? The one where you thought you’d get £10million for Matty Taylor..? The ones where you gloated like a classless moron, because you’d got promoted from NON League..?! 

Or maybe the “Happy Days” remark that gets thrown back in his face every time they lose a match?

40 minutes ago, BRIAN WILSON said:

Not 100% sure, it’s sounds ridiculous but then we are talking about Leeds. He got a few Facebook ‘likes’ out of it anyway, Gasheads spouting off about loyalty and how we wouldn’t know the meaning of the word...a bit like they did when Matty Taylor signed a new contract, 5 months before jumping ship to join us for peanuts.

50 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

And here is that change .

All that Wonderful Wally has given D.C.  To buy players with.

IMG_0397.JPG

A grand total of £1.42. Unless he can afford to go to the bank to change up the other two old pound coins....

That's not even one Tilson ?